SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
The whole thing is just repulsive beyond belief.
I was talking to a guy I've known for 20 years and were catching up and kid stuff comes around.
His niece just turned 18 and the first thing she did was have a mastectomy because she identifies as a dude now.
Her parents were not on board with this and are devastated over it.

I liked it much better when all I had to worry about was my daughter coming home with a stupid tattoo.

Posts: 1503 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
To the question "Who saw this coming?" -

Not I.

I've long said that the United States will eventually reach a breaking point and civil war will be the result. We've already crossed a key threshold by reaching the point that no longer is there any common ground or possibility of negotiating a settlement. Now we're at a point where the friction is no longer beneath the surface. All of this can be seen by anyone who is paying attention.

What I did not anticipate was that the most radical among the radicals would be loons who think biology is meaningless and that they are women because they say they are women, or they are men because they say they are men. But now it turns out that the shooting will start because of these maniacs, and by these maniacs.

One of their own kills Christians- murders three young children- and they blame us, and they claim they are the ones being attacked. Utter insanity

Wars are reflections of failure and any attempt to reason with these trans loons will fail, completely.

I've pointed out- with history as my guide- that these troubles can simmer for decades and so I factored this in when looking down the road at the potential of a war in our future. The American Civil War was 40 years in the making. The modern world moves at a far faster pace. In 1850, the population of the US was about 23 million. Today, it is about 330 million. This is a significant factor.

What I am saying is that I think now that the inevitable will come to pass much sooner than I thought previously; so much sooner that I may very well be here to be a witness and possibly a participant, and it will be because they want it and push the issue to a breaking point.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
The cultural and political divide is so enormous in this country, so gigantic, there is really no reconciliation, the divide is like the Grand Canyon. Maybe 20 years ago, but "meeting somewhere in the middle" does not exist, the concept of that today is literally impossible.

The problem is that those with traditional beliefs systems of family, work, God, taxes, ethics, personal liberty, etc. have remained fairly constant and steady through the decades while those on the opposite side of the spectrum have radically moved miles, eons away from their former selves, with ideology now based on fiction, lies, and impossible situations.

There is zero way to reason with the irrational, with the insane. Either the insane runs the asylum, or the adults take charge. There is no compromise.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
They keep us distracted with this culture war to stop us all from fighting a class war.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great, now I have to look up words like TERF.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Not I.

I'm concerned that you're this concerned.

I have felt it would come as well, but not over this. I had always assumed it would be over attempted gun confiscation.

Posts: 11376 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't know that many gay people, but those I do know are as confused by transgender people as the rest of us.

My wife has a transgendered student, she now claims she is a boy. This child still acts and reacts to the world as a girl would. Not at all like a 16 or 17 year old boy would act. It would blow "his" mind if I took him out and said this is going to be a boys' day, and you are going to see how men think, talk, and act when unfiltered. Male sexuality would freak these women-to-men out. They have no idea what it is to be male. I truly think many of these people are going to wake up five years now, and think, "Oh shit, what have I done." True transexuals are, I think, vanishingly rare.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53145 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The issues of transgenderism are not to be left to the devices of children. They have all kinds of ideas about life. Adults are a different matter. We do not allow children to operate a motor vehicle but entertain the idea of "gender affirming surgery."

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
it will be because they want it and push the issue to a breaking point.

Yes, they do indeed want it.

The GDC’s thrive on chaos, disruption, usurpation of power, disregard for laws and law and order, misery, suffering, the starvation and the general abuse and harassment of the citizenry, state promoted lies and propaganda, sexual deviancy and abuse of innocent minors and of course DEATH, their favorite calling card.

This indictment against PDJT?

They know that they don’t have prosecutable case, just like everything else that they’ve tried to take him down with, but they DGAF because to them it is all about destruction and control no matter what the cost to individual lives, society and humanity.

The MoFo’s are doing this strictly to foment anger, strife and further division. with the extra added bonus that as a result of their inciting another ‘insurrection’ that they’ll be able to toss more MAGA folks into the D.C. gulag.

They are vile scum and vermin and a stain upon all mankind.

Posts: 3515 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9066 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, if Trump gets in, he will fix a lot of problems, and if Desantis comes after Trump, we should be in good shape for some time.

If however they steal the next election, things could get ugly fast. I have no clue how a civil war would play out. Most of the military, the police, and the supreme court are on one side, while the left has the media, the Deep State, and a few screwballs.

-c1steve

Posts: 4086 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
I'm concerned that you're this concerned.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but, God, how I would be overjoyed to be wrong about this.

It does seem that these maniacs wish to create a major confrontation. Very, very few of them have ever heard the sound of live gunfire, especially up close, and they have no idea what it's like to be shot at. Gangbangers understand all of that, but these freaks are the fragilest of flowers and they will shit their pants- literally- if ever they get what they think they want.

Nine year old children don't shoot back. We are not unarmed targets.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
It seems that almost everything going on in this country is designed to keep the populace distracted, preoccupied and agitated so that the ring leaders can go about ensuring their positions of power and opportunities for self enriching corruption under the veil of chaos.

Posts: 3531 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^^bingo

All the while grifting and increasing their personal bank accounts

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11370 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum
. . . [snip] . . .
What I am saying is that I think now that the inevitable will come to pass much sooner than I thought previously; so much sooner that I may very well be here to be a witness and possibly a participant, and it will be because they want it and push the issue to a breaking point.
I can’t find any holes in your logic, but man I hope you are mistaken.

Posts: 6956 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
but man I hope you are mistaken

Indeed, sir.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6251 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Not I.

I've long said that the United States will eventually reach a breaking point and civil war will be the result. We've already crossed a key threshold by reaching the point that no longer is there any common ground or possibility of negotiating a settlement. Now we're at a point where the friction is no longer beneath the surface. All of this can be seen by anyone who is paying attention.

What I did not anticipate was that the most radical among the radicals would be loons who think biology is meaningless and that they are women because they say they are women, or they are men because they say they are men. But now it turns out that the shooting will start because of these maniacs, and by these maniacs.

One of their own kills Christians- murders three young children- and they blame us, and they claim they are the ones being attacked. Utter insanity

Wars are reflections of failure and any attempt to reason with these trans loons will fail, completely.

I've pointed out- with history as my guide- that these troubles can simmer for decades and so I factored this in when looking down the road at the potential of a war in our future. The American Civil War was 40 years in the making. The modern world moves at a far faster pace. In 1850, the population of the US was about 23 million. Today, it is about 330 million. This is a significant factor.

Agree, we have passed the tipping point.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8463 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

Agree, we have passed the tipping point.

I agree, too. The brazenly open actions of the radical leftists tells me that a critical mass has been reached where they no longer feel constrained by social (or legal) rules.

Which means we need to respond with overwhelming force when they initiate violence. Conservatives have been calm despite all the blm riots etc, and we have tried to use factual conversation in the public arena, which has led them to assume we are weak and meek.

I hope the ship can still be turned around, but I fear not. Not unless we get a bunch of new political leaders around the country who act like patriotic adults rather than corrupt leftists.

Posts: 9555 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3990 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post