SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
So is the problem that
People are different?

Or
Is the problem that
People can't accept the fact that there are different people and make a conscious decision to interfere
With said different peoples quality of life,
to the point of desperation?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54874 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yes. The answer is yes.

Those things are maybe the root of all human conflict, ever.

Posts: 17339 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
He's a medical researcher. It's an ongoing study. I'll ask what's been published.

It's going to be hard to separate the influence from screens, but the young vaping crowd are definitely mentally deficient.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3930618/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5784846/

The kids he's studying are all vape multiple times per day - they are essentially, "never" sober.

Part of the issue is that kids who are any type of chronic substance user, are most likely in a failed home environment.

Posts: 5786 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking about this for a couple days now before I wanted to respond.

In my experience the five motivations for committing murder or violent crime are: Love, Anger, Ego, Greed, and Stupidity (sometimes a combination of or all five).

Parenting: yep, a huge change from when most of us grew up. We are now told at work and schools through DEI crap that not only are we to tolerate insanity, we should embrace it and welcome it. Some parents are totally hands off to the point they aren't parents to their children, they are roommates. Others are so woke they are pushing their children to be whatever flavor is popular this month so they can get their newest Woke Merit Badge. As you can tell these types of "parents" don't teach problem solving, coping and dealing with adversity skills, so later on when these "children"experience what we would think is a very minor problem, it is a "major life changing" event for them, a crisis of untold horror and depression......at least until the next crisis. A crisis that is now labeled in their little minds as the "fault of others." Since "others" are to blame, then the "others" are bad.

In the next phase is social media. All of these people have some form of mental illness and are seeking their new improved identity that will fix all their problems or they want to qualify for their newest woke merit badge aka the "The Cause and Crusade of the Week". The fact is that under proper psych screening, actual transgenderism is a very small tiny percentage of the population. With the advent of Social Media, "they" can now hang out what other like minded people in what are just echo chambers that will reinforce their growing belief system. They will hear from similar minded people reinforcing and increasing their beliefs which result in ever increasing posts/videos about the demonization of their "perceived oppressors". Once your "enemies and oppressors" are "demons", that means any action against them is justified in the crazy mind. Since "they" are the enemy and are bad, then there are no bad actions against them. Very similar belief to Islamic Terrorists.

Now lets add in all the long term mood (trust me when I say I was absolutely shocked on the number AND young ages of kids being placed on these types of drugs!) and transitioning drugs to make that perfect storm of sociopaths with a murderous belief system. Again, very similar to the indoctrination and recruitment of Islamic (and other types) terrorists. There is more than one path to the top of the mountain, with the peak being a martyred killer with a large body count.

Posts: 3990 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now lets add in all the long term mood (trust me when I say I was absolutely shocked on the number AND young ages of kids being placed on these types of drugs!) and transitioning drugs to make that perfect storm of sociopaths with a murderous belief system.

^^^^^^^^^
Psychotropic drugs have not been found to be a cause. This hypothesis has been studied and I believe a suit against the makers of Zoloft went nowhere. Insurance companies like drugs because they are cheaper than therapy for these kids. Drugs are not a solution to psychological problems of teens.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Across the board cultural and moral rot.

Posts: 20212 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Now lets add in all the long term mood (trust me when I say I was absolutely shocked on the number AND young ages of kids being placed on these types of drugs!) and transitioning drugs to make that perfect storm of sociopaths with a murderous belief system.

^^^^^^^^^
Psychotropic drugs have not been found to be a cause. This hypothesis has been studied and I believe a suit against the makers of Zoloft went nowhere. Insurance companies like drugs because they are cheaper than therapy for these kids. Drugs are not a solution to psychological problems of teens.

Some kids do have issues....some parents have issues that they then medicate their kids to avoid dealing with. Take a magic pill to solve your problems or at least make them go away today.

Posts: 3990 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

... the young vaping crowd ...

The kids he's studying are all vape multiple times per day ...

You keep writing about "vaping" as if vaping and cannabis use are one and the same thing. Over-the-counter vape products do not contain even a trace of THC.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

... the young vaping crowd ...

The kids he's studying are all vape multiple times per day ...

You keep writing about "vaping" as if vaping and cannabis use are one and the same thing. Over-the-counter vape products do not contain even a trace of THC.

I believe he's talking about vape pens that contain THC. They can be purchased legally in any state that has legalized marijuana for recreational use. They are very potent.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I believe he's talking about vape pens that contain THC.
Then he should clarify he's talking about cannabis use, which, of course, does not require the use of vaping products.
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
They can be purchased legally in any state that has legalized marijuana for recreational use. They are very potent.
I don't know about any of the other states that have decriminalized cannabis sales and use, but I would expect that in Michigan, at least, those would be available only in pot dispensaries and only to adults, no?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that is correct. All I know about are Nevada and Oregon and I've never seen THC products sold anywhere but sanctioned outlets.

posted Hide Post
I think our society has become increasingly angry, narcissistic, isolated, rife with untreated mental illness and influenced by social media. When I read about these acts, the perpetrators always appear miserable and disconnected from meaningful existence. Killing seem to offer some kind or relief or redemption for them. I am not sure how anyone or anything can intervene with these people to prevent these acts from occurring.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16200 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Mental illness and/or drug use is not necessary to turn someone into a murderer. An illustrative account of how one perfectly normal group got that way is detailed in the book Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland by Christopher R. Browning. The same is true of the likes of Muslim true believers who can be convinced to murder others while killing themselves (or not), and history is full of similar examples. It’s all a matter of persuasion, self- or otherwise, by whatever means.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47467 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Yep.

Posts: 17364 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's the poor kid who was murdered by this freakish trash. SHAME on anyone who tries to keep the truth from coming out. SHAME on the news media. SHAME on the cowardly police officials in this town who acted as if they want to avoid controversy. SHAME on the "trans" movement.

https://twitter.com/libsoftikt.../1744112081182560498

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would expect that in Michigan, at least, those would be available only in pot dispensaries and only to adults, no?

Really? Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37133 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
I would expect that in Michigan, at least, those would be available only in pot dispensaries and only to adults, no?
Really? Big Grin
Well, legally, anyway Wink

posted Hide Post
jljones, you caught me too Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Of course the FBI was told about this mentally ill freak and didn’t do shit. Every friggen’ time now Roll Eyes

https://x.com/libsoftiktok/sta...444566021820534?s=46

Posts: 34077 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Well, they are kind of busy destroying the country right now, so...

Posts: 20212 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post