SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Report: Transgender Who Killed 6 at Nashville School Bought Guns with Federal Grant Money

A report from the Tennessee Star indicates that Audrey Hale, the 28-year-old transgender woman who shot and killed six people on March 27, 2023, bought her guns with federal grant money.

CNN noted that Hale bought a total of seven guns “between October 20, 2020, and June 6, 2022,” and all were legally purchased.

The Tennessee Star quoted 99.7 WTN afternoon radio host Brian Wilson noting that Hale allegedly “took money from an education grant she received to purchase her weapons and to pay for training at a local gun range.”

Hale hid the guns in her family home and, a day after the heinous shooting, her parents said they were unaware. They thought Hale had a bought one gun in the past, then sold it.

But Hale had guns and she took three of them with her to carry out the heinous attack. And despite numerous establishment media reports, including CNN, which claimed Hale “was in possession of an AR-15 military-style rifle” in the school, she did not possess an AR-15 rifle during the attack.

Breitbart News explained that Hale carried an AR-pistol, a handgun, and a carbine. Still shots from security cameras in the school indicated the carbine–a Kel-Tec SUB2000–was the firearm she used as she roamed the halls, searching for would-be victims.

On June 7, 2024, Breitbart News pointed to a different report by the Tennessee Star, based on handwritten papers found in Hale’s car after the attack on the school was over. In all, the Star has nearly four dozen pages of the handwritten notes, in which Hale alleged wrote about her “imaginary penis.”

According to the Star, a local newspaper whose editor-in-chief is former Breitbart contributor Michael Patrick Leahy, Hale, a biological female, allegedly wrote, “My penis exists in my head. I swear to god I’m a male.”

Link

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Make America Great Again
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The "manifesto" has been released. No surprises, including the foot-dragging of those who were desperate to conceal what we already knew.

Maybe I'm missing something, but WHERE has it been released? Only to the courts???

I've done several searches looking for it online somewhere as I'd like to read it myself, but I keep coming up empty. If someone could provide a link I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

Posts: 4782 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:
The FBI says that public release "revolves around the public’s need to understand what led to such tragic events" but the FBI says that this won’t bring the public comfort and could lead to the killer being dismissed as "mentally ill" which they say would “further permeate the false narrative that the majority of attackers are mentally ill."

False narrative?

Is the fbi run by a bunch of trannies?

The FBI, such as it is, is just continuing to push the alternate narrative. That is, that the shooters are all extreme-right "domestic terrorists". I saw movie last night about a religious group that stockpiles automatic weapons and kidnaps and murders people they think are gay. It's called "Red State" and was released back in 2011. The ATF, of course, come in and save the day.

Posts: 7411 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:

I've done several searches looking for it online somewhere as I'd like to read it myself, but I keep coming up empty. If someone could provide a link I would much appreciate it. Thanks!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...uberty-blockers.html

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Audrey Hale Had Been Treated by Vanderbilt Psychiatric for 22 Years from 2001 Until Her 2023 Death

https://tennesseestar.com/just...tpappert/2024/06/07/

MNPD Learned on Day of Covenant Shooting Audrey Hale Had Been Treated by Vanderbilt Psychiatric for 22 Years from 2001 Until Her 2023 Death

Covenant School Shooter Audrey Elizabeth Hale

Metro Nashville Police Department learned Covenant School killer Audrey Elizabeth Hale was a 22-year patient of mental health professionals at Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) on March 27, 2023, the same day she orchestrated her devastating attack that claimed the lives of three 9-year-old students and three adults working at the school.

The Tennessee Star obtained the June 1, 2023 affidavit filed by an MNPD detective to obtain a search warrant for VUMC from a source familiar with the Covenant investigation. The Star also obtained the search warrant itself.

In the affidavit, the detective explained MNPD obtained a folder with Hale’s partial medical history while searching her parents’ home, then revealed that Hale’s mother “advised detectives that Audrey Hale was receiving psychological treatment at Vanderbilt Hospital and has been for some time.”

According to the affidavit, “When detectives processed the folder containing Audrey Hale’s medical records, it was clear that Audrey Hale has been receiving psychological treatment from Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital since 2001.”

Later in the affidavit, it is implied that Hale began receiving treatment at VUMC on April 23, 2001, when she was just six-years-old.

The detective also raised the possibility that Hale confided her violent fantasies or plans to a “therapist or psychologist.”

In the affidavit, the detective wrote he “believes there is a strong possibility that Audrey Hale confided to a Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital Staff member since she has been receiving care there since 2001.”

The affidavit reveals police were additionally seeking to establish whether “Hale informed anyone of her plans to attack the Covenant School,” and to establish her “mental state” both “before and at the time of the incident.”

The Star also obtained the search warrant for VUMC that MNPD was granted by a Davidson County judge, who granted police permission to immediately seize “any and all records of psychological treatment received by Audrey Hale,” including “psychological treatments, evaluations, tests, and medications” and “any out source facilities between the dates of April 23rd, 2001 to March 27, 2023.”

On Wednesday, The Star published the subpoena sent by MNPD detectives to VUMC requesting “any and all records of medical and psychological treatment received by Audrey Hale.”

While the affidavit and search warrant are dated June 1, 2023, the subpoena was sent more than two weeks prior, on May 13. VUMC has yet to respond to multiple comment requests by The Star.

Additional documents reviewed by The Star indicate Hale, a biological female who identified as transgender at the time of the attack, was under the care of both a psychiatrist and a therapist prior to her death.

Also on Wednesday, retired MNPD Lieutenant Garet Davidson told The Star that VUMC staff did not report Hale’s violent fantasies to law enforcement.

Star News Digital Media, Inc., which is the parent company of The Star, and its editor-in-chief Michael Patrick Leahy are plaintiffs in lawsuits which seek to compel both MNPD and the FBI to release the full writings of Hale, including those that have been called a manifesto.

The Star previously confirmed it obtained dozens of pages of writings recovered from Hale’s vehicle. An FBI memo sent to MNPD Chief John Drake in May 2023 seemed to “strongly” suggest against releasing such materials, referring to them as “legacy tokens.”

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Audrey Hale Had Been Treated by Vanderbilt Psychiatric for 22 Years from 2001 Until Her 2023 Death

lot of good that did him

Posts: 3076 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"him"?

This was a female

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
lot of good that did him
It wasn't a "him." It was born a "her" and died a "her" -- or maybe an "it" but definitely not a "him."
ETA: Looks like parabellum and I were posting at the same time. Similar thoughts, different words.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31419 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
She was seeing a shrink at 6 years of age. There's part of the problem. Her parents failed...miserably.

Posts: 20581 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
She was born broken and mentally ill, not necessarily the parent’s fault. Her fantasy pretending to be something she could and would never be drove her insane. They at least tried to get her help but a failed health care system trying to normalize mental illness cost the lives of six innocent people. I hope she is rotting in hell where she belongs.

Posts: 3026 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Star previously confirmed it obtained dozens of pages of writings recovered from Hale’s vehicle. An FBI memo sent to MNPD Chief John Drake in May 2023 seemed to “strongly” suggest against releasing such materials, referring to them as “legacy tokens.”

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Well I hope they get released to a professional who will read them and perhaps prevent another event such as this.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lunasee
posted Hide Post
I'm glad LE gave her the final treatment that she needed.

Posts: 591 | Location: Hillsboro, OR | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So how many ,total, knew she was mental? And nary a one made the decision to take measures to prevent anything

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55194 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good point. In most states a signed affidavit from a citizen is all it takes. The person is then picked up by the cops and taken to a crisis stabilization center. A psychologist evaluates the person and a court hearing is held. If they are deemed to be mentally ill and in danger of hurting themselves or others they are sent to a treatment center.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
If they are deemed to be mentally ill and in danger of hurting themselves or others they are sent to a treatment center.

In this case, the shooter was apparently under psychiatric care for the past twenty two years dating back to her early childhood years. Yet somehow, despite having the advantage of such a long-term psychiatric history as well as regular visits with the shooter, clinicians apparently found nothing concerning enough to warrant mandating involuntary inpatient psychiatric care.

Posts: 7385 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
If they are deemed to be mentally ill and in danger of hurting themselves or others they are sent to a treatment center.

In this case, the shooter was apparently under psychiatric care for the past twenty two years dating back to her early childhood years. Yet somehow, despite having the advantage of such a long-term psychiatric history as well as regular visits with the shooter, clinicians apparently found nothing concerning enough to warrant mandating involuntary inpatient psychiatric care.

I'd suspect her long term "psychiatric care" is the prime reason she was an evil wench who murdered kids.

Posts: 6452 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So were her doctors that incompetent, or was she just their little pet project / cash cow with no concern of the public, or was she just developed into a useful tool for the left?

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 395 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jed7s9b:
So were her doctors that incompetent, or was she just their little pet project / cash cow with no concern of the public, or was she just developed into a useful tool for the left?

Clearly I have no actual knowledge... however, my belief is they are "true believers" in the lies they peddle, such as transgenderism, and when you define yourself and your entire being by those lies the soul becomes corrupted... and evil things happen.

Further, my personal belief system sees this all as a religious topic... the farther we move from God's Truth and design, the worse things become, generally. I know not everybody is on board with that exact viewpoint, and that is fine... I think most reasonable people agree with the statement that a man is a man and a woman is a woman and there is a difference.

Basing one's existence on a lie is not healthy. 15+ years of indoctrination otherwise led her to become a child killer.

Posts: 6452 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Crazy people do crazy things. Sane people cannot use logic to understand it, nor to predict when or what will happen.

Unless a person says they intend to do harm, or otherwise indicates it, there is no recourse for a shrink or other professional (teacher, doctor, priest, etc). It may or may not be the case that this killer gave sufficient indication to her doctors that she was planning on violence.

It is an imperfect world full of crazy unpredictable humans.

That's one of the truths of a free society. There is no fool-proof way to prevent crazy people from doing harm. One of the trade-offs of being free is accepting the risks, including that until others have been found dangerous via due process, we cannot restrain them.

It's the same philosophy as dealing with sane but dedicated criminals. Sometimes the only security is for the potential victim to take the strongest defense possible in the moment.

Posts: 9740 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^

Yep. It takes a lot more than mutants floating in a big bowl of milk and magic wooden balls to figure out what flips the switch.

While it might prevent an occasional event, the greater damage that will occur to many people who will never cross the line, but intrusive and unconstitutional stepping on the rights and freedom of individuals, is a too many cans of worms best left unopened.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44479 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post