SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The whole Tennessee thing is interesting. Never knew you could expel an elected lawmaker in that manner. The double standard is incredible. They are fomenting the very thing they decry about Jan 6. It caught them this time though. Good.

I wonder what salary they just lost? That guy doesn’t look like an earner so that must have hurt. Double good.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Never knew you could expel an elected lawmaker in that manner.

Yep. Even US congressmen can be expelled with a 2/3 vote by their legislative body, per Article I, Section 5 of the US Constitution.

But at the federal level, it's only been done to 20 Senators and Representatives in the entire nation's history, 17 of which were Southern congressmen expelled at the start of the Civil War for supporting the Confederacy. The other three were expelled for:
-Conspiring to assist the British in conquering Florida and Louisiana (William Blount, 1797)
-Bribery (Michael Myers, 1980)
-Bribery, racketeering, and tax evasion (Jim Traficant, 2002)

Posts: 33067 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
That guy doesn’t look like an earner so that must have hurt. Double good.
My guess he was probably a "community organizer" before this. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9273 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
-Bribery, racketeering, and tax evasion (Jim Traficant, 2002)

This guy was hilarious, bent as hell, but hilarious. Wink

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6368 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KJP gets steamrolled after pushing White House support for "fierce" trans kids who "fight back" in wake of Nashville school shooting

https://notthebee.com/article/...ille-school-shooting

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Ideological Imbecile! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This guy was hilarious, bent as hell, but hilarious.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Youngstown proud with the world's worse hairpiece!

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They continue to use slang and imprecise, aggressive language, and it's starting to bite them in the ass. The socially and emotionally unstable are taking those words quite LITERALLY and acting upon them.

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...crats-expelled-house

Kamala Harris will be traveling to Nashville, Tennessee on Friday to meet with Democratic lawmakers who have been expelled from the General Assembly.

Harris will meet with Democratic Reps. Justin Jones and Justin Pearson, two state lawmakers who were removed from the assembly after leading protests on the House floor following the Covenant School shooting.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Why are they are still referring to them as "lawmakers" and "representatives", post-expulsion?

If anyone else gets fired, they lose the job title along with the job.

Posts: 33067 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Late to the party but just watched bodycams from two of the responding officers. We have two schools in our city (one elementary and one middle-school). They're finally installing keyfob'd doors and giving us all individual fobs so we can enter any school building as soon as we get there.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8165 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
No Al Sharpton? I thought he's be on the next flight there.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11097 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Kamala Harris will be traveling to Nashville, Tennessee on Friday to meet with Democratic lawmakers who have been expelled from the General Assembly.

Harris will meet with Democratic Reps. Justin Jones and Justin Pearson, two state lawmakers who were removed from the assembly after leading protests on the House floor following the Covenant School shooting.

Hell, she'll show up to the opening of a phone booth, she is basically a lower rent version of Ed McMahon. She has nothing to do but cause embarrassment to America, even Biden knows this. That's why his wench wife is doing all of the things VPs typically do.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:

"All the racist racists were being racist when they acted like racists to draw their racist Venn diagrams about how racists used racism to be racists to oppress these representatives who were here to represent against racists being racist."

Or something like that. At least, that's my prediction of her speach.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I remember that one!

There was also something about a big yellow school bus and the significance of the passage of time...

Posts: 9420 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

She'll show up, smile constantly, laugh at inappropriate times, make bad jokes, and generally speak to everyone like she is addressing a group of 6 year olds. That is what she does. Nothing constructive will come from her visit.

Those three were party to the (using the common term now) insurrection that occurred in the state capital, and during a debate on the topic tried to turn it into a protest circus. Then they scream racism when voted out for acting like spoiled children who didn't get their way.

BTW Mr. Former Representative you are correct this is NOT a democracy, it's a constitutional republic. Time to stop appeasing the 1% who scream and stomp their feet demanding change and make the 80% happy.

Grow up, act like an adult, act like a congressman, stop playing the eternal victim.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
The families of the victims don’t carry enough political capital for the administration to bother. It’s Tennessee after all.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Late to the party but just watched bodycams from two of the responding officers. We have two schools in our city (one elementary and one middle-school). They're finally installing keyfob'd doors and giving us all individual fobs so we can enter any school building as soon as we get there.

When I was policing, I just planned on breaking in. All schools have glass doors, smash an edge and make entry.

/drift

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11468 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let me guess, FKH said. . .

“We need to keep fighting to do the things that we need to do, the things we have been doing in this administration, and when we do those things we just need to keep doing them because that’s who we are. The vice-president and I, I mean the president and I will continue fighting to do those things that we have been doing and need more doing.”

Posts: 3584 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post