SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
All school shooters are mentally ill disaffected people that take out their problems on others.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I disagree. Do you consider all criminals to be mentally ill? Many of them are sociopaths. Besides your explanation is overly simplistic.

I'm sorry, I'm not a psychologist or mental health expert.

But anybody that goes into a situation of killing multiple humans randomly is not well in the head.
A guy who kills a person trying to stop his robbery, or a home invader killing a homeowner while stealing him blind- these actions have motive. A school shooter doesn't.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16818 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed,but you are entitled to your opinion. Drugs are a big problem as well.

Posts: 17359 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:
All school shooters are mentally ill disaffected people that take out their problems on others.

That is something many on the gun-ban left cannot grasp. Literally they cannot accept that these kinds of events are perpetrated by deeply disturbed people.

Whether it be a school shooting or other mass casualty event, the perps are nothing like the rest of us. Normal people don't burn down night clubs after chaining the exits closed. Normal people don't spray bullets from a hotel balcony onto a concert below.

I cannot grasp how people can think the existence of an object motivates a normal person to commit murder.

I have to believe that those who do think that normal people would do these things should be examined for a desire to do just that.

“That’s what.” - She

Posts: 356 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: June 06, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For goodness sake, guys. If you don't see a pattern here, you're blind.

While you're getting all balled up talking about the mental state of people who commit mass shootings, you are losing sight of what is going on here.

Let's get real, shall we?

Posts: 108082 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed,but you are entitled to your opinion. Drugs are a big problem as well.

Which drugs? Illegal/illicit drugs? Prescribed drugs for depression, anxiety or other mental disorders, INCLUDING gender dysphoria? Something else?

I'm not a psychologist or mental health expert either, but if we're looking a school shooters, I'm betting the larger problem (MUCH larger?) is the latter group, so prescribed drugs.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9058 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
One of my friends is researching this.

Now, part of the issue is crazy people tend to “self-medicate”, but the THC vapes seem to do tremendous damage to the juvenile brain.

(Many thousands of times more powerful than pot - it’s more like taking LSD in what it does to the brain)

So far, all of the recent school shooters he looked at, have a history of THC vaping at an early age.

The plural of anecdote is not data, but he does have enough data to show it induces a permanent change to the brain, which resembles schizophrenia.

Posts: 5784 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Forgive me, but lot of young people vape, and it doesn't turn them into freakish, child-murdering shit bags.

The problem is not that these freakish, child-murdering shit bags vape; the problem is that they are freakish, child-murdering shit bags.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The problem is not that these freakish, child-murdering shit bags vape; the problem is that they are freakish, child-murdering shit bags.

I think that gender transition pharmaceuticals and/or vaping may help accelerate freakish, child-murdering shit bag behavior. That behavior may come forward with or without the outside chemical influence? I'm not sure the causes but you are right about the freakish, child-murdering aspects of these shooters.

Posts: 7592 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Oh boy. This again. Alright, for the feebs reading, my illicit drug use days are long behind me now. That out of the way...

quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:

Now, part of the issue is crazy people tend to “self-medicate”, but the THC vapes seem to do tremendous damage to the juvenile brain.

You mentioned this before. If you're going to keep mentioning this, I'm going to ask for data to back this claim up.

quote:
(Many thousands of times more powerful than pot - it’s more like taking LSD in what it does to the brain)

I'm sorry, but as someone with plenty of experience with said vape pens, this is outright horseshit. It is, in fact, nowhere near as potent as just smoking weed. Hand to God. I don't care what percentage of "extract" or "concentrate" it is, it either hits more or less the same, or more commonly, nowhere near as strongly. It's like having a light beer if you're a three fingers of whiskey drinker. Seriously. And I say this with no motivations other than we speak the truth here and not propagate utter falsities because I truly never want to get intoxicated on anything ever again.

quote:
So far, all of the recent school shooters he looked at, have a history of THC vaping at an early age.

They also all have a history of sucking on their mama's titties.

quote:
The plural of anecdote is not data, but he does have enough data to show it induces a permanent change to the brain, which resembles schizophrenia.

I would love to see his data on this. Is his study peer-reviewed? Is "scientist" his day job? Or is he a dude reading stuff on the internet?

Look, I'm being a little harsh, but that's because every time you bring this up, it reads just like Diane Feinstein trying to educate everyone about guns. I suggest you and your friend lay in a supply of party-sized bags of Doritos (Nacho Cheese, you can thank me later), prep a couple Nalgenes full of ice water, then cruise by your nearest dispensary and ask for a gram of Northern Lights, or Blueberry. These are easy, because if they're green, they're wrong. Should be shades of purple and blue, and look like they've been dipped in sugar. Don't get the pre-rolls, that's all just shake from the jars, you want the good stuff. Get a little pipe, stuff a chunk of that shit in there, and take one good, long draw off it, and hold it until you can't. Ya'll will logic out the universe, you'll mathematically prove the existence of God, you'll come up with a workable plan to save the US economy that you'll email to several sitting US senators, but you're sure as shit not going to up and go shoot up a school.

My. Word.

No, she is a kid who, twenty years ago, would've been the unpopular awkward girl who read romance novels all day in between classes, wore a wrist brace to gym so she wouldn't have to participate, and whose name you wouldn't be able to recall two years after graduation. Now, she, and all the other kids at the low end of the bell curve get to be gold star victims because empowerment, and deciding they're a intersection of several different things is their ticket to get back at the kids who ignored, mocked, or laughed at them. Only it didn't work out so hot because they pumped her full of chemicals and hormones her mind couldn't handle, and she took that boiling rage, added more fuel to it because deciding she was a man didn't actually fix the broken stuff inside, and then added concentrated testosterone. Now, even if none of ya'll smoked the pot, you sure as fuck ought to remember what it was like to be a teenage boy. Imagine all that bridled fury and the latent desire to fuck or fight the whole world roiling in the mind of a mentally imbalanced teenage girl. And this is what you get.

Posts: 17333 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smudge,

Alex Berenson’s book Tell Your Children does present a compelling argument that excessive pot smoking in children may lead to increased expressions of schizophrenia. Would those same kids have developed psychotic episodes anyway? Possibly, but it is also possible that THC may affect some developing brains negatively.

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I think that gender transition pharmaceuticals and/or vaping may help accelerate freakish, child-murdering shit bag behavior. That behavior may come forward with or without the outside chemical influence? I'm not sure the causes but you are right about the freakish, child-murdering aspects of these shooters.
These people exist in their own Hell. Think about it- they want to be something they can never be, and their desire for things to be as they wish is so overwhelming, they're driven insane.

Drugs? Man, these people are already permanent residents of Hotel Crazy.

Seriously, these people are tormented; some of them simply can't bear up under the strain, so they want to die and they want to take others with them.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Now, part of the issue is crazy people tend to “self-medicate”, but the THC vapes ...
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I think that gender transition pharmaceuticals and/or vaping ...
Some of you guys, I do swear Roll Eyes

Where do y'all get some of your ideas about vaping? Is there a new version of Reefer Madness of which I'm unaware?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
These people exist in their own Hell. Think about it- they want to be something they can never be, and their desire for things to be as they wish is so overwhelming, they're driven insane.

That point is spot on and wasn't really in my thought pattern. These fucks were gonna do what they did, drugs or no drugs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Some of you guys, I do swear Roll Eyes

Where do y'all get some of your ideas about vaping? Is there a new version of Reefer Madness of which I'm unaware?

Have you ever vaped or smoked? I used to on a daily basis. The medical card shit. If you don't think it fucks with your thought patterns you would be terribly wrong.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
People who ingest cannabis, no matter what the method, are not motivated to murder innocent children and then commit suicide; they just want to know if there are any Oreos left.

These mass killers are sad, empty, confused and angry, and without a sound relationship with a loving, supportive family, they are adrift in this life, weed or no.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think it’s these hormones and other medications that are being given to these kids wanting to go transgender that are screwing up their minds.

Just think about it; you start pumping a female with testosterone that her body isn’t designed to handle and bad things are bound to happen. That’s why that Nashville shooter seemed to be so full of rage.

Posts: 34054 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Killers like the ones who target schools are self-loathing, batshit crazy humans, and so are transgenders. So it is no surprise that the latter would populate the former.

These guys are not the problem in school shootings.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16818 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I disagree. Do you consider all criminals to be mentally ill? Many of them are sociopaths. Besides your explanation is overly simplistic.

According to the Mayo Clinic (and the Cleveland Clinic) antisocial personality disorder, sometimes called sociopathy, is a mental health condition. Are you differentiating between 'mental illness' and mental health disorders/conditions? Add certain prescription pharmaceuticals to the mix with many mental health disorders and the result can be an unstable and increasingly dangerous individual. None of us are determining a clinical diagnosis here, but I'm pretty sure most would throw all of the above in the 'mental illness' category. I tend to agree with Lefty Sig, and I don't recall a school shooter that didn't meet his definition, and ultimately take 'their out their problems' on innocents.

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9058 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
How many does this make now?

IIRC, the Uvalde shooter was a cross-dresser as well.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8358 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aside from sociopathy being a pathology, no I don't think every plain old criminal is mentally ill. But anyone who plans then carries out an attempted mass murder is not normal.

And the larger point I was making is that the solution to prevent such mass murders is not banning guns. It is not the existence of an object which causes otherwise normal people to decide to kill. The root cause is a defective human. Now we can argue whether it is a chemically induced defect, a genetically caused defect, or some horrendous individual experience that set it off.

There are hundreds of millions of guns possessed by Americans who don't go commit violent crimes or mass murders.

That's my point. It isn't the gun it is the human. We need to redirect the public debate away from the guns and back to the humans.

Posts: 9546 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post