SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 36
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nashville School Shooting- you guys can have this one Login/Join 
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Engelbert and Collazo were leaders. They took charge and directed the other officers.

Leadership in a situation like that is critical

Don’t undermine the leadership role of Det Sergeant Jeff Mathes, the gentleman carrying the shotgun. He was there every step of the way and like a good leader let his two fellow officers have tactical command. If you pay attention to the seconds immediately following the shooter being put down, he immediately took over as the ranking officer, locking down the scene and directing other officers about possible secondary threats. I could not be more impressed with the response of the entire metro police reaction to this horrific event. It stands in stark contrast with the responses of the Uvalde and Parkland cowards.

There were many other responders that made entry to the school that were seemingly willing to sacrifice it all for the safety of our community. To them, to the school officials that kept our children safe, to the school personnel who reported relevant information, and to the gentleman who stood by to unlock the door, you are all heroes.

That is what leading from the front looks like!!

Posts: 3027 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I deliberately did not post Hogg's twitter feed. I did not want to give him the clicks. If you want to see it, it is at the link provided.

Dem Lawmakers and Activists Encourage Mob to Storm TN Capitol Before Vote to Expell TN Dem State Reps.

https://nationalfile.com/dem-l...l-tn-dem-state-reps/

Last Updated on April 6, 2023

An angry Democrat mob returned to the Tennessee Capitol on Thursday for the second time in less than two weeks. This time the mob was there to protest an expulsion vote of Tennessee State Representatives Gloria Johnson, Justin Jones, and Justin Pearson. These state reps face expulsion because they encouraged a Democrat mob to storm the Tennesee Capitol last week. Thursday, a Democrat mob was encouraged by Democrat members of Congress and activists.

The anti-2nd Amendment group, March for Our Lives, encouraged Thursday’s lawless activity at the Tennessee State Capitol through multiple tweets on their page. One tweet showed a video of the mob chanting and screaming inside the Tenessee Capitol. The tweet read, “Who’s house? GEN-Z’S HOUSE. NOW: In the TN State Capitol in #Nashville, students FROM ALL OVER THE STATE gather and chant “FREE THE TENNESSEE THREE” and “YOU ARE FASCIST”, as State Reps. enter the House Floor. THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE. #MarchForOurLives”

Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib (D-MN) shared David Hogg’s video that showed Tennessee law enforcement blocking the mob from entering the capitol. David Hogg captured the video, writing, “LIVE IN NASHVILLE- SECURITY STOPPED LETTING FOLKS INTO THE CAPITOL, CROWD CHANTING “LET US UP” AS THE LEGISLATURE VOTES TO EXPELL THREE ELECTED OFFICIALS FOR STANDING WITH GUN VIOLENCE SURVIVORS Follow @AMarch4OurLives for live updates.” Tlaib’s tweet in response to Hogg’s video read, “This is simply unbelievable.”

Democrat Congressman Maxwell Frost from Florida also backed the mob by sharing the same video on his Twitter page and writing, “These leaders are representing & protecting their constituents who are tired of being shot in their classrooms and communities. The TN Speaker’s response— a vote on their expulsion today. This is an extremist, undue response. We stand against these blatant abuses of power, whether it be in TN or FL.”

It is unknown if Democrat Congressional leadership will hold Representatives Tlaib and Frost accountable for their actions on Thursday.

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, seems a bit like an "insurrection" there at the TN capitol. Time to throw everyone in jail!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11224 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/t...b7e&linkId=208780682

Republican lawmakers in Tennessee voted on Thursday to expel the first of three Democratic legislators who joined a protest on the House floor last week after a deadly school shooting in Nashville.

Lawmakers in the state have been under pressure to tighten gun laws. Protesters gathered at the State Capitol on March 30, and Democratic Reps. Justin Jones, Gloria Johnson and Justin Pearson led a chant of "power to the people" from the house floor.

On Thursday, lawmakers first voted 72-25 to expel Jones, 27, one of the youngest members of the legislature. The GOP supermajority has accused the representatives of breaking house rules on conduct and decorum. Votes on expelling Johnson and Pearson are expected to follow.

Several votes took place ahead of the vote to expel the legislators. Those votes were on bills including HB322, to harden schools with locked doors and drills, which was passed 95 to 4, with the "Tennessee Three" and one other Democrat voting no

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Goes to show you that gun control activists don’t care a bit about victims and preventing violence. They only care about gun control, and more over people control.

The “no” vote on the school safety package shows that they only want power and control.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In Colorado Springs, a school shooting in the planning stages was stopped before it happened, a tranny arrested.

https://gazette.com/news/court...23-47ff26b02e46.html

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lawmakers in the state have been under pressure to tighten gun laws.

They have? A mob outside the capitol building does not represent the people of Tennessee
quote:
Those votes were on bills including HB322, to harden schools with locked doors and drills, which was passed 95 to 4, with the "Tennessee Three" and one other Democrat voting no

95-4 for sensible and reasonable prevention measures....and it had nothing to due with restricting firearms.

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
In Colorado Springs, a school shooting in the planning stages was stopped before it happened, a tranny arrested.

Well, now he can go to jail and the taxpayers can pay for his transition to "her".

Posts: 9273 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
...the "Tennessee Three"
These people are so utterly full of shit. It's all about appearances and sloganeering, and things that rhyme, and fists held in the air, and posturing as if their temper tantrums are the bravest, most noble things ever, when the truth is that they couldn't follow the rules if their lives depended on it. No meaning, no substance, no willingness to debate or follow long-established processes. Goddamn, I hate these people, and I mean that. This is not something I say casually. I hate these fucking people and I am sick of their non-stop, childish, selfish, blind bullshit.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
And now they are using our children for their nonsense.

Sad to see 12 year olds get brain washed, but that's what happens to 12 year olds. Keep an eye on your kids, in case they get roped into one of these.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11097 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^I'm glad this person was caught before anything happened. Hopefully he gets the help he clearly needs.

"Investigators did not find any weapons in the home, but they did find a liquid that is used to clean firearms."

This quote from the article is actually the second most stupid thing I've read today being passed off as news.

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
quote:
They have? A mob outside the capitol building does not represent the people of Tennessee

Half those a-holes are probably refugees that moved here from CA. This mob is not representative of our state and the prevailing gun sentiment. There is no such thing as gun violence. Violence is an act perpetrated by an individual not an object.

Posts: 3027 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I think the “Tennessee 3” thought their protest stunt would end with censure. And they would go back to their constituents as heroes.

They weren’t expecting expulsion.

Sounds like a case of F’ed around and found out.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here's the asshole who lost his job and it's no fault but his own, and no matter what he says about "I will not be silenced" he has silenced himself in one very important sense and he knows it.

And you know what you can do with that fist of yours, you puerile, disruptive commie asshole.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
^I'm glad this person was caught before anything happened. Hopefully he gets the help he clearly needs.

"Investigators did not find any weapons in the home, but they did find a liquid that is used to clean firearms."

This quote from the article is actually the second most stupid thing I've read today being passed off as news.

Trapper this was a female . A she not a he.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Nope, Trapper was correct. It was born a "he," not a "she."
quote:
Whitworth is in the process of transitioning to female.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31419 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triggertreat:
quote:

Actually it was a male named William that identifies as Lily.

https://www.koaa.com/news/cove...ks-on-three-campuses

Posts: 3541 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oy

posted Hide Post
Trapper. My apologies. My reading comprehension is off tonight.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1370 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

According to this...
quote:
Eric Ross, a spokesperson for the 18th Judicial District Attorney’s Office, told The Gazette that Whitworth is in the process of transitioning to female.

Deputies found Whitworth lying in bed, drunk, in a room piled with trash that had several holes in the wall, according to the affidavit.

I don't think the transition is going that well...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post