SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I wonder how SC justice confirmation and IMPEACHMENT! go together. Could RGB be a puzzle piece in their impeachment decision? How would the Republicans in the senate deal with the house passing articles of impeachment immediately following RGBs passing or stepping down. Could they delay impeachment trials until after a confirmation?

They need to initiate confirmation proceedings the second that they can.

Posts: 7494 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ In that case, the impeachment of Trump would be put on hold while the impeachment of Kavanaugh would immediately begin.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30467 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Could they delay impeachment trials until after a confirmation?

Pretty sure the Senate can do as they please. Smile

Posts: 22965 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Could they delay impeachment trials until after a confirmation?

Pretty sure the Senate can do as they please. Smile

What'd be amazing and funny is if the house voted to impeach, then a seat was vacated on the SC soon after. Hold the SC nominations immediately, confirm a new one, then hold the impeachment trial in about July or August. If the dems nominate a senator, they'd be unable to campaign until the impeachment trial ended. They'd cry foul, but they'd be who initiated the impeachment process.

Posts: 7494 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ginsburg Released from Hospital

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...eased-from-hospital/

The Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been released from a Baltimore hospital where she had been treated for a possible infection.

The 86-year-old Ginsburg has returned to her home in Washington, D.C., and is “doing well,” court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said Sunday.

Ginsburg spent two nights at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore. She was taken there Friday after experiencing chills and fever.

The court says she received intravenous antibiotics and fluids and that her symptoms abated.

Ginsburg has had four occurrences of cancer, including two in the past year. She had lung cancer surgery in December and received radiation treatment for a tumor on her pancreas in August.

She had a rare absence from a public session of the court in mid-November because of what the court said was a stomach bug. She was back on the bench the next time the justices met.

Her latest hospital stay began Friday, after the justices met in private to discuss pending cases.

She was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington before being transferred to Johns Hopkins for further evaluation and treatment of any possible infection.

Ginsburg has been on the court since 1993, appointed by President Bill Clinton. Only Justice Clarence Thomas has served longer among the current members of the court.

Posts: 12761 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I hope she lives to her fullest life and then passes in her sleep peacefully. Because the Left is so Bolshevik, I’d like to see her do this during a Trump admin and while the Senate is Repub controlled. In fact, if it happened in the next few weeks so the Dems didn’t know which tail to chase, it would be great entertainment. Regardless, what happens, happens. She will pass eventually. Until then we tap the bottom of the bottle in this thread.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29743 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I hope she lives to her fullest life and then passes in her sleep peacefully. Because the Left is so Bolshevik, I’d like to see her do this during a Trump admin and while the Senate is Repub controlled. In fact, if it happened in the next few weeks so the Dems didn’t know which tail to chase, it would be great entertainment. Regardless, what happens, happens. She will pass eventually. Until then we tap the bottom of the bottle in this thread.

I'd rather she passes during some kind of official gathering where her death would be undeniable. Plonk onto the floor, AED, CPR, the works.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15644 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 86-year-old Ginsburg has returned to her home in Washington, D.C., and is “doing well,” court spokeswoman Kathy Arberg said Sunday.

Reminds me of Vatican press releases, “the Pope is ‘officially well’ until he is ‘officially dead’.”

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2709 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think her people are being hypervigilant about the slightest health issue with her. One sneeze, and they have her on the way to the trauma center.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
This thread reminds me of a bit from Monty Python's Holy Grail every time it comes up. In fact I think she was overheard saying, "I'm not dead yet, I'd like to go for a walk" when she was released.

Posts: 11045 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
I wonder how SC justice confirmation and IMPEACHMENT! go together. Could RGB be a puzzle piece in their impeachment decision? ...

They need to initiate confirmation proceedings the second that they can.

I think the dems decision to roll out this BS impeachment has a lot to to with RBG. The dems need to crap up Trump with as much shit as to make an election year appointment impossible. They are full on bat shit crazy.

If RBG spot comes up within a few months all holy hell will break loose, it will be spectacular!!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1738 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sickly 86 y/o women do not do well when they have their pancreas radiated, and likely taking chemo also. I am sure that she had fever and chills, but likely not caused by a "bug".

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like Lenin and Stalin, they have to "touch up" the embalming from time to time.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
She was initially evaluated at Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington before being transferred to Johns Hopkins for further evaluation and treatment of any possible infection.

Transferred to John Hopkins for a "stomach bug"?

Posts: 9759 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

I'd rather she passes during some kind of official gathering where her death would be undeniable. Plonk onto the floor, AED, CPR, the works.

Right. That would be excellent. Not for her suffering but for the Left’s inability to lie about it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29743 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
This shit about the left is going to lie about her death is really juvenile and up there with the 100 mpg carburetor and Tupac is still alive.

No one can conceal her death. It will be announced by the court or the White House. None of this shit about how she's going to be a manequin and somehow she's going to vote on cases and none of the other justices and their respective staff will have any idea she's dead?

That's asinine. Really stupid to even think about it.

Posts: 4091 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I think her people are being hypervigilant about the slightest health issue with her. One sneeze, and they have her on the way to the trauma center.
All well and good, but after watching my 81 year old hospitalized MIL go from coherent and doing well to dead in a matter of a few hours, 80+ year olds with compromised immune systems can crash at the speed of light. Again, I personally think ole Ruthie is not in the condition being propagated by the media and her staff.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
This shit about the left is going to lie about her death is really juvenile and up there with the 100 mpg carburetor and Tupac is still alive.
Tupac's not alive? Nah....
quote:
No one can conceal her death. It will be announced by the court or the White House. None of this shit about how she's going to be a manequin and somehow she's going to vote on cases and none of the other justices and their respective staff will have any idea she's dead?
Though I can't prove it, my bet is ole Ruthie hasn't written or even had input in the opinions to cases that have been filed in her name. I think her staff has functioned as a defacto SCOTUS justice for a number of years while Ruthie napped in the corner or was sick at home or the hospital. She's little more than a figurehead or space holder at this point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post