SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Sotomayor and Kagen have been the ones carrying the water for the left on the SCOTUS.
Actually, I think Sotomayor is the one carrying the water for the lunatic left. Kagan is simply a drooling moron who will check with Sotomayor on each vote to determine how she needs to vote. IMO Kagan is the most unqualified, inappropriate, incapable, SC appointments in my lifetime.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I can't imagine a worse hell on Earth. A job you are compelled not to leave until you're dead.

My thinking is opposite. I think she actually revels at the position she's in. "I am guardian of the Galaxy, until death", you know.

Q

Posts: 27488 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Sotomayor and Kagen have been the ones carrying the water for the left on the SCOTUS.
Actually, I think Sotomayor is the one carrying the water for the lunatic left. Kagan is simply a drooling moron who will check with Sotomayor on each vote to determine how she needs to vote. IMO Kagan is the most unqualified, inappropriate, incapable, SC appointments in my lifetime.

Scalia personally recommended Kagan. He respected her mind. How he felt about her after they were on the Court together, I have not heard.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4248 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Maybe she should have spent more time out in the sun. Cancer rates increase as you get further from the equator.

Then there is Bill Clinton that needed a heart bypass. If he had taken an ultrasound in previous years, his diet could have been changed that may have prevented him from needing a by-pass operation.

Maybe the doctors are Republican?? Big Grin Eek

Posts: 11875 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
You can bet that, were RBG to leave the Court after 31 Dec 2019, the Left WILL invoke the Merrick Garland incident and insist that the precedent of not confirming a Justice during a Presidential Election year be honored.

flashguy

I'd argue it wasn't a lame duck presidency and that means a lot. After eight years then it is a guaranteed change in presidency. So year 7 and year 3 are way different in my mind. At this point PDJT was elected by the will of the people and is likely to be president for 5 more years. BHO had half a year as a lame duck, not even close in comparison.

Exactly

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30876 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Guys, I fully understand (and accept) your argument, but it won't keep the Leftists from trying. The situation has not yet come up, so we won't know how Sen. McConnell will handle it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^ Guys, I fully understand (and accept) your argument, but it won't keep the Leftists from trying. The situation has not yet come up, so we won't know how Sen. McConnell will handle it.

flashguy

As I recall, I remember McConnell saying he would ram it through.
I have no doubt the Dems will cry like a baby but - tough shit.

Posts: 23186 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

Funny that you are so sure the leftists "WILL invoke the Merrick Garland incident", but you will not extend McConnell the same courtesy that he WILL push through another Trump's SCOTUS nominee. Knowing McConnell, he WILL make it happen.

Q

Posts: 27488 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't imagine a worse hell on Earth. A job you are compelled not to leave until you're dead.

They can leave whenever they want.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
... but you will not extend McConnell the same courtesy that he WILL push through another Trump's SCOTUS nominee. Knowing McConnell, he WILL make it happen.

Mc Connell's legacy will be the way he has reshaped the federal court system during Trump's presidency. The guy is a machine, he has had a hand in confirming close to 150 Article III federal judges, including Supreme Court, Appeals, and District courts. Given his past sins, IMO, he has somewhat redeemed himself by his recent work.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The lunatics wanted Kavanaugh's nomination postponed for the midterms. Heads will explode if Ginsburg tips over under Trumps presidency.

This will be great entertainment!

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1249 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

flashguy

Funny that you are so sure the leftists "WILL invoke the Merrick Garland incident", but you will not extend McConnell the same courtesy that he WILL push through another Trump's SCOTUS nominee. Knowing McConnell, he WILL make it happen.
Sorry, I was not aware of the statement by Sen McConnell. I agree--if he said he would do it, he will. (And the Libs will howl that the sky is falling.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Stent put in, not good apparently.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...de-end-of-life-care/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So do we think her illness is getting toward "end-stage" status??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

We can hope and pray!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7271 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:

They sit on the bench six months a year and have clerks who kiss their ass and do all the heavy lifting (research, writing, etc). The rest of the year they give speeches and conduct seminars. Best gig in the law business. They pay for nothing and bank everything.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sure sounds like it!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39212 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

Scalia personally recommended Kagan. He respected her mind. How he felt about her after they were on the Court together, I have not heard.

Bruce
Scalia was a very impressive man, someone I respect greatly. But he was not infallible. Kagan has been nothing short of a disaster.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh yeah. I've posted in the past that she and her folks are understating her condition, and she is on a very short time schedule. I still truly think she will not see 2020.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17146 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Oh yeah. I've posted in the past that she and her folks are understating her condition, and she is on a very short time schedule. I still truly think she will not see 2020.

“Will she” or “won’t she” be in the 2019 Fall Term photo on the First Monday in October? One can only wonder.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2795 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post