SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 55
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Dead at 87 Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Think I read somewhere that it's fake news and that she's just leaking embalming fluid and they gotta fix the leaks Wink

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump needs to implement an attendance policy for the SC.

RBG misses more work than a drunk on a 5 year bender.

Retire you stubborn old coot. Spend some time with family before you punch out. Get a dog. Go for morning walks. Whatever makes you happy. You are just prolonging the inevitable.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Oh, blessed Saint Liebowitz..."

The monks even enshrined and illuminated his grocery list. A great book if you love science fiction. Required reading, actually,
I recently re-read it, a powerful, moving, and thought-provoking novel. Not just for SciFi fans.

Posts: 6752 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
RBG is proof that our healthcare system works just fine in the US, maybe too well.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3487 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
RBG is proof that our healthcare system works just fine in the US, maybe too well.
Not as well for the hoi polloi, though.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
RBG will be around to help with the legal transfer of Keith Richards kids assets to him when they pass. Smile

Say what you want about her. She’s a tough old girl.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7858 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Say what you want about her. She’s a tough old girl.
Yeah, that will win you friends around here- admiration for this Trump-hating SCOTUS fraud. She's partisan, which she is not supposed to be in her position, and what's even worse, she doesn't even try to hide it. She's actually proud of her fucked-up bias, her petty personal vendetta. Fucking nasty bitch. She can fuck off and die, and she should do it like yesterday. That's what I have to say about her. There's nothing admirable about that nasty old crone. Nothing.

When she kicks, I'll dance in the street, and she needs to get on with it. The country will be far better off with her in the ground. She should never have been appointed. That's crystal clear. Her own words make this absolutely clear. She's a disgrace to this nation.

Posts: 108995 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
In this time, the way things are, admiring the strengths of my adversaries and those who would see me and mine marched up and knelt in front of a ditch and shot for our beliefs feels stupid, quite simply put. I believe she is one of them.

Posts: 17612 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I'm with Para on this one 110%.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8910 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
...admiration for this Trump-hating SCOTUS fraud.
I think this is something that's most important about RBG. Given her condition both mental and physical over the past several years, I do not believe she's had any input into the written opinions filed in her name on SCOTUS cases. I truly believe her staff has functioned as a defacto SCOTUS judge while RBG has napped or stayed at home recuperating from her latest bout of something.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:

Yup.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30876 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
This is what I’d like to see: Her to croak so President Trump can appoint her replacement and then for Clarence Thomas (he’s now 71 years old) to be a good patriot and announce he is stepping down so a younger replacement can be appointed.

One can dream....

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4011 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Soon........

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11455 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:

Yup.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44441 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
I saw this thread, skipped to page 8, and fuck, that old coot is still breathing.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Hopefully, she will be gone by the time Trump wins his second term.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
I believe Trump will win a 2nd term by a significant margin.
I also think he will end up replacing RBG at some point.

If those things come to pass, it will be a serious test for our Republic.
I say that because the leftist commies (Democrats) have already proven they’re willing to tear down this country if things don’t go their way. How far will they take it?

Posts: 1794 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
When President Trump is re-elected in 2020, Ginsburg will be parked in front of a TV tuned to MSNBC.

Over the course of the evening she will grow more and more agitated, so much so she will wake up from her old age and red wine and tranquilizer induced slumber.

When she sees that the President has been re-elected in a landslide she may suddenly keel over from systemic apoplexy.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31980 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
It would be acceptable to hold a celebration karma when she finally dies? Big Grin

Posts: 13286 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Fine with me.

Posts: 108995 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post