SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
This evening, I've made three additional fields in the member profile, required:

• City

• State

• Country

New registrants, providing false information in these fields

Someone, anyone, please let me know if you get such a prompt. Thank you.

——————————-

Yes, I did, and surprisingly I found I had not updated my email address from a year ago. And thank you Para for this excellent sanctuary...

Posts: 915 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    :^)
    Picture of BillyBonesNY
    posted Hide Post
    Gladly added my info, thanks for the heads-up!

----------------------------------------
    http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Spiritually Imperfect
    Picture of VictimNoMore
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks for reminding me to change my work email, as a byproduct.
    All is well.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lucky to be Irish
    posted Hide Post
    A little confused at first, but that's not unusual for me. Another one of the joys of aging. Smile

Updated Country as requested.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of mcs1564
    posted Hide Post
    Got it. Completed.

------------
    SP2022 - 9mm

Posts: 1260 | Location: CT | Registered: January 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Raptorman
    Picture of Mars_Attacks
    posted Hide Post
    Dided it this morning.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
    Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Domari Nolo
    Picture of Chris17404
    posted Hide Post
    Prompted, and completed.

Posts: 2332 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Membership has its privileges
    Picture of P-220
    posted Hide Post
    Done. Thank you for the heads up.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Steyn
    posted Hide Post
    Done.

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of steve495
    posted Hide Post
    Got the prompt. It became more clear when you see the required field is blank.

The bummer for me about these forms is that they are in an iframe and you can not just scroll down the browser window itself to see the rest of the form and the update button. You have to scroll down from within the iframe.

Everything works, bit it's just one of those usability things I notice.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4989 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by 12131:
    I was freaking out for a bit, thinking SIGforum has been hacked. Eek

Same here!

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
    - Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Busier than a cat covering
    crap on a marble floor
    Picture of Z06
    posted Hide Post
    Done.

Posts: 4022 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of RoyW
    posted Hide Post
    Done.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 84 | Location: Taylorville,Il. | Registered: June 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Vote the
    BASTIDS OUT!
    Picture of yanici
    posted Hide Post
    Got it and updated what you needed. Best of luck.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2406 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Done.

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Blume9mm
    posted Hide Post
    When I first went on a gun forum on the internet I noticed a lot of folks had made up locations.... I thought about this and what I wanted from the 'gun internet' and made a decision then to list exactly where I lived.... city and state... which with my name and that info anyone with half a lick of sense can find my address.. So, this addition here does not bother or effect me and I applaud Para for his diligence in trying to keep this place clean.

My Native American Name:
    "Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Victim of Life's
    Circumstances
    Picture of doublesharp
    posted Hide Post
    Asked me what country - can't get much easier than that.

I did update my street address as I'd moved about 2 miles down the road since I'd first registered.

War On Scammers!

Posts: 4693 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    posted Hide Post
    Done

Posts: 5693 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Took care of this right away.

Fan of Sig, Colt, S&W, Beretta, Browning, etc, etc.

Posts: 168 | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Nullus Anxietas
    Picture of ensigmatic
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Blume9mm:
    When I first went on a gun forum on the internet I noticed a lot of folks had made up locations.... I thought about this and what I wanted from the 'gun internet' and made a decision then to list exactly where I lived.... city and state...
    I understand why some are reluctant to reveal their location. I get it. I really do. But then they write "this and that and the other thing" about what's happening in their area and people are left wondering "But where the hell are they?" That's why my public profile notes my state and region, at least. That way, when I write something about the weather here-abouts or whatever, people don't have to wonder about where I'm referencing.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
    "If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post