SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
... and not for anyone who is here in good faith. Only the thieves need be concerned.

THANKS Para!

You may want to toss this up as a "Sticky" at the top of the page for a while.
I'm assuming the members that frequently log in will see this and figure it out, but the ones that log in occasionally might not. Just my $.02

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
I also needed to update city, state and country.Done.

Posts: 789 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Prompted, complied after signing in. No issue at all. Hope this helps keep the scum out.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NMDave
posted Hide Post
Simple enough Cool

Thanks

Dave

Posts: 469 | Location: Pearland TEXAS | Registered: June 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
Prompted - added the required fields after not understanding why I couldn't get in. Now I know :-)

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I had to update, and it was a good reminder to update my profile. Thanks for keeping scammers off the board para, this is truly an amazing forum.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
done!

Posts: 22899 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
At first I could not figure why I could not log in as I did not scroll down the profile page (the required stuff was out of view).

I just happened to be texting with both P220 Smudge and SIGnified (at the same time) and both told me about this thread and updating my profile.

I then scrolled down and had my "aha" moment.

Updated and included my name and phone number too ... being retired, no longer paranoid.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the prompt. Did the update. Easy peasy…if it makes Para’s life/job easier, I’m all in.

Posts: 716 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Done

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It caught me by surprise but once I saw the blank fields with the “*” I realize what had happened. Thank you for doing this Para.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was initially confused by not receiving a prompt upon logging out and back in, but turns out I already had all of the requested information in my profile.

Thanks for efforts to keep the forum free of miscreants, ne'er-do-wells, and other similarly undesirable characters.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
updated - needed city

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
I got the notification to update city, state, and country. Did so; now I’m in…no problems…so far!

Interesting in that I had to fill in the information before I could see this post…or the forum…to find out what was happening.

Posts: 2935 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I was freaking out for a bit, thinking SIGforum has been hacked. Eek

Q

Posts: 26368 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Did everything I could, but would someone please explain to this old fart what is an "IM Identifier?"

I left this blank. Confused

Thanks.

PS: Google search found zip.

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Done.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5317 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Logged out and back in just to see but my info was already in there so I didn’t get the prompt. Smile

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was surprised initially. However updated the info as needed. All is good.

Thanks for all that you do.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I wondered why it would not login with password confirmation and then noticed the flag that city needed to be filled in. Works fine now.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post