SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Got the prompt this morning...and done.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Got it yesterday. It confused the hell out of me at first, because I couldn't see what it wanted on my phone. Logging in on a PC today, I saw that it just wanted the city.

Done!

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I had to look at my profile as I didn't get a prompt, but saw that I had voluntarily filled it out when I registered the first time.

Having moved since then, I updated the info.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Got no prompt. Checked and all required info was already in place. I did need to reenter my password as the one that automatically populated was incorrect.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The profile page came right up for me with no explanation and would not let me proceed without location. So I put it in and here I am.

It would have been nice to have a basis on that page so we would know the purpose.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Got the prompt. Done and good to go.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had to set up a new user name etc -- my profile had an outdated email --- and my update did not go as planned(operator SNAFU)

maybe later I can merge the 2
lesnorvell/daffy

Posts: 1 | Registered: April 05, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
Thought I broke something but minor updates and good to go.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2671 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The form will ask for whatever is missing from your address. Name, street, city, state zip.
If you don't fill in all the required items and click Save, it will tell you what it wants.
Very easy.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:
The profile page came right up for me with no explanation and would not let me proceed without location. So I put it in and here I am.

It would have been nice to have a basis on that page so we would know the purpose.

That's available only to paid members. Smile

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
Prompted and updated but it wouldn't let me save on my phone so I did it on the computer (done!). The phone issue turned out to be a user error; with the little screen, I didn't see it was possible to scroll down. Oops!

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2102 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lesnorvell:
I had to set up a new user name etc -- my profile had an outdated email --- and my update did not go as planned(operator SNAFU)

maybe later I can merge the 2
lesnorvell/daffy
I changed the email on your "daffy" account, to the email address on your new account. The new account will no longer work. Try posting to this thread with your old account. You should by now have received an email with the password for your old account.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Watson:

I could have sent out a broadcast email, announcing the change. SPAM is defined as "unsolicited broadcast email". I don't SPAM the members of this forum.

I could have announced this change in advance, so that members could have prepared, but the change was a spontaneous act, so, that was not possible.

I've created shortcuts to this thread in the Pistols section and the Office, so that it's hard to miss. Any member who can't get his profile straightened out can email at webmaster(AT)sigforum.com, replacing the "(AT)" with the "@" sign

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I had to change my account email and verify it. When I registered 14 years ago, I had an email through commiecast. I since abandoned those bastages and stayed with my long standing yahoo email. I never updated my profile. Now it is updated and verified.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I first thought I needed to change my password since it was showing me the profile screen on every device I tried. For whatever reason, the data entry area was scrollable rather than just expanding on down the page, so I didn’t even realize there were more fields than what I was seeing at first. When changing the password didn’t do anything, I finally figured it out. I already had city and state, but not country, and I went through and updated or removed old info while I was in there. No big deal.

- Bret

Posts: 2464 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Unless I'm missing something, you guys shouldn't have to have access to the email address you used to register, in order to add information to the three newly-required fields.

Although I strongly recommend having access to the email address in your profile (for what should be obvious reasons- you can't reset your password if you can't get to the email the software sends to the email address listed in your profile), adding information to these three fields in your profile shouldn't cause you to have to verify your email address. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't think so.

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
You're not mistaken. Simply go to the asterisk marked boxes & fill them in. Nothing more was required.

Whether or not anyone updates their email was immaterial in my experience.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I had all of the required fields filled out but still couldn’t get beyond the profile page. No worries though. I was motivatedBig Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got it, thought maybe it was an error at first and closed the window, reopened and figured you were making changes based on all the classified issues.

Just had to add the city and then vola access.

Seems you have something there that indicates what is required if you try and close the page to move forward, simple enough.

Posts: 23392 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had to add city to continue to site

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post