SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
Save an Elephant
Kill a Poacher
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I had to add my City, but, it may conflict with what my internet provider? says as it shows me in Idaho..Not sure why it does that but Apple tells me its common

'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1413 | Location: Escaped from Kalifornia to Arizona February 2022! | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well, it did throw me off last night. First thought was someone was bombarding your site.

This morning I realized my initial email for registration was outdated, so it was updated accordingly only to see the error for city, state, country.

Updated those areas accurately.

All good now

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14089 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I filled all that in when I signed up/in.

Heck, my urine sample is still there.

Hoping this will tighten things up for you.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44251 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by urbanwarrior238:
I had to add my City, but, it may conflict with what my internet provider? says as it shows me in Idaho..
It's not a problem

Posts: 108616 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Someone, anyone, please let me know if you get such a prompt. Thank you.

I realize this is late, but worked fine for me. Thanks for the diligence and attention to detail, among other things you keep doing around these parts.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9176 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

HA! Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7669 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just went to my profile, apparently I had already filled this info in when I first registered. But, I did need to update my email address.

Anything to help keep the thieves/scammers at bay.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1538 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Updated, and thank you for your diligence in making this the best forum on the internet.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2342 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tupperware Dr.
Picture of GCE61
posted Hide Post
Done, good to go

Posts: 3570 | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And because it can get lost in this lengthening thread, I'll point out once again that this additional information you are being prompted for can be seen by no one except the forum's administrators. That's a grand total of three people, with me being one of them.

Now, there is a "Location" field in your profile, and if you fill in that field, your location (or whatever you choose to put in that field) can be seen at the bottom of every post you make, but this field is optional.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I have always had that location entered, and I suppose you would assume Colorado Springs is in Colorado, USA, but I have not received a prompt, nor do I see the new fields in my profile, just a heads up Para.

ETA nevermind, I see I already had it entered. Guess Im G2G.

Thanks for looking out for us.

Posts: 5200 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
...nor do I see the new fields in my profile, just a heads up Para.
There aren't any new fields in your profile. The three fields in question have always been there. It's just that now, members no longer have the option of leaving them blank. If a member had these fields already filled in before I made the change, they wouldn't know anything about the change, except for this thread.

Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
Done and I appreciate the upgrade in security!

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I was NOT prompted. I actually NEVER Log Out, and always has at least one device logged in at any given time anyway, so I wasn't sure if I'd get the prompt in that scenario. Rather that logging out to potentially trigger the prompt at log in, I decided to check my profile to confirm what's there instead. Apparently I was completely thorough (and truthful) when I originally signed up, as there were numerous 'optional' fields, including the three now mandatory fields, already filled in, so it would seem I'm an over-performer!

That said, Para still has no way to send me a Fax, and I've yet to receive a Birthday Card... Wink

Once again Para, Thank You for SIGforum, and Thank You for all you do!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9251 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Signed in, straight to the Forum, so I'm good.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the prompt this morning. Filled out the three fields. No problem. Thanks for your efforts in fighting the on-line barbarians.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Dang it - forgot to send in the urine sample.

Para, where do we send and what is the minimum quantity required?

Also, pre or post beer consumption, which is the preferred method of creation?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14089 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Received the prompt and filled in the missing field (City)...all now good to go.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes, my junk e-mail folder can work against me. Arghh.

Thanks for getting me confirmed.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just An Old Guy
posted Hide Post
Done!

What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Posts: 1975 | Location: VA | Registered: November 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post