SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Members will probably be prompted to update their profile
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Members will probably be prompted to update their profile Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
Did everything I could, but would someone please explain to this old fart what is an "IM Identifier?"

I left this blank. Confused

Thanks.

PS: Google search found zip.

Instant messenger ID, basically the user name, similar to your forum name, but to use for a chat app like AOL instant messenger, Yahoo instant messenger, firing up the way back machine for ICQ, and the like. These days, people might use that for Zuckerbook messenger, or other apps. You'd only include that if you wanted people to potentially contact you via one or more of those apps.

It's perfectly OK if you don't have one or don't want to include that if you do have one.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Updated and all is good.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15557 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I got it. Had to enter my city, the rest was already in my profile.
Ditto.

Gave it my name, as well, though not required. I trust you with this stuff, para.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Is it obvious, when it takes you to the page, as to what exactly is being asked for?
It was to me.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Done and here.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Glad to know the site wasn’t hacked. It confused me for a minute when I could still see the forum on Brave but not my usual browser but eventually I figured out the login needed to be updated. Good to see this post from Para. I was thinking some anti gunner or Chinese or Russian asshole might have hacked this most excellent forum.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
Instant messenger ID, basically the user name, similar to your forum name, but to use for a chat app like AOL instant messenger, Yahoo instant messenger, firing up the way back machine for ICQ, and the like. These days, people might use that for Zuckerbook messenger, or other apps. You'd only include that if you wanted people to potentially contact you via one or more of those apps.

It's perfectly OK if you don't have one or don't want to include that if you do have one.
Actually, after giving it a bit of thought, I just hid that field. It could be used by scammers as a backdoor way to contact members.

Posts: 107493 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
Thank you for helping keep the greatest forum more secure. I tend to read and absorb FAR more than I post, but I love this place.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was prompted, completed the fields, and here I am!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 666 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
Did everything I could, but would someone please explain to this old fart what is an "IM Identifier?"
You are only required to fill in the fields marked with an "*" (asterisk). The rest are optional.

IM: Instant Messenger. If you don't know what it is, it needn't concern you Smile. (Used to refer to AOL Instant Messenger. Not even certain that still exists anymore? I haven't used it in a long, long time.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was sweating it there for a minute until I opened the forum in Chrome to find this thread.

Updated my profile.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38643 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Well that explains the trouble I was having. Took me a minute but I figured it out.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I stay logged in on devices at home so no prompt. I logged out, then logged in again. Still no prompt. Hmmm, went and edit my full profile. All three fields were already filled out and correct. Sweet!

Para, thank you for all your efforts to make and keep this the wonderful place that it is!!!

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
No prompt.
But my profile was already complete.

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prompted and done.

Posts: 638 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
No prompt. I logged out and back in, no prompt. Then I realized my location is some saying I have had for ages.

I think everyone (at least those in Gen Chat) know I live in Cottonwood AZ. I don’t really care that people know where I live.

Reading through the replies, it doesn’t appear that the “spooky mountaintop castle” isn’t an issue, as I think I fall into the “good standing” category.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
No prompt.
But my profile was already complete.

Ditto. I try to anticipate events. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8933 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
Prompted and updated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1897 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Just logged in. No prompts or anything. Profile already had city and state. Maybe that was enough.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Prompted and Updated.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Saw this thread, went to update. Damned if I didn't give all that stuff up years ago.

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post