SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kentucky couple slapped with ankle monitors after wife tests positive for coronavirus

That is absolutely outrageous!! What's next.....little yellow stars and rail cars? Mad

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You have no idea how close you are to the truth.

This is a warm up.

Look at the damnedocrat governors who are forcing covid patients into nursing homes, just like our soulless governor whitler.

This is systematic murder.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Numbers are starting to fall again after they peaked, but Whitmer seems bound and determined to lock Michigan down again. Now it's the "threat of community spread" again. She's manipulating the data to her own end and NONE of this is being shared with those she rules.

https://www.clickondetroit.com...setback-in-michigan/

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37977 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would guess that Gov. Whitmers next move is another extension of the "emergency". Then later look for massive tax increases across the board, including fuel taxes.
Somebody has to pay for all the unemployment she doled out and the loss of fuel and sales taxes.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16099 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
She and her minions need to be defunded!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
massive tax increases across the board

No- Time to Defund the politicians and their bloated bureaucracies!

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13402 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I’ve said it before. I’ll say it again. Governors like Whitmer and Beshear are just trying to separate citizens and pit them against one another. The want chaos.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
St. Louis County Clamping Down on Youth Sports

Starting Monday, young athletes will still be able to practice with their teams but only in groups of ten or fewer. Spectators won't be allowed, and games against other teams are forbidden.

https://www.riverfronttimes.co...er-coronavirus-spike

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24129 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I would guess that Gov. Whitmers next move is another extension of the "emergency". Then later look for massive tax increases across the board, including fuel taxes.
Somebody has to pay for all the unemployment she doled out and the loss of fuel and sales taxes.

She already extended her emergency power until 11 Aug. She did that last week. Apparently she can declare this for the rest of her term and only th citizen led resolution can stop her.

Imagine that in America... From a woman who's party claimed they'd never let Trump become one. Roll Eyes

As far as budget goes, if she can't get her high taxes approved, she'll take out another loan that we'll be on the hook for and have no say in, again.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37977 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
only the citizen led resolution can stop her

Might as well post the link for the Michiganders: Unlock Michigan.

My understanding is that with 425,000 signatures, the legislature can pass a citizen suggested law that cannot be vetoed by the governor.

As a former resident and current part-time resident of Michigan, get'r done folks!

Posts: 10962 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Kentucky couple slapped with ankle monitors after wife tests positive for coronavirus

Interestingly, the Hardin County Sheriffs Office is saying they delivered papers, and nothing more. They state they did not and will not put on tracking devices. The health department has no authority to enforce such an order. Someone is not telling the truth.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interestingly, the Hardin County Sheriffs Office is saying they delivered papers, and nothing more. They state they did not and will not put on tracking devices. The health department has no authority to enforce such an order. Someone is not telling the truth.

Interesting for sure. Could it have been local PD rather than Sheriff or maybe State Police? We were talking about this at work (our local Dept.) and the consensus was that there would have been one hell of a fight or worse, before allowing them to put monitors on any of us for this crap.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Kentucky has been doing this for some time now.This is from March 31st.

Louisville is forcing unwilling coronavirus patients to self-isolate. Is it right?

https://www.courier-journal.co...patients/5094594002/

Two Louisville coronavirus patients and a family member have been ordered by circuit judges to isolate and wear tracking devices after health officials learned they'd been in public against medical advice.

Issuing health-related civil orders is new territory for the courts, according to Judge Charles Cunningham, who issued two Friday. The third was issued earlier this month when a South End resident who tested positive for coronavirus refused to self-isolate.

But the orders are essential for keeping the community safe when infected patients refuse to self-quarantine, officials said during Mayor Greg Fischer's Facebook Live briefing Tuesday.

Posts: 12696 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
our small town has now passed the masks required when going into any public place. Wife does all the shopping so I'm not participating in this foolishness. However my son is getting married on Friday. I'll be forced to wear a mask for the 20 minute ceremony. The wedding party is exempt during the actual ceremony. Makes sense right? Confused

My son doesn't like it anymore than I do and came and talked with me about it. I told him I would comply. This is all about politicians on every level having to make it appear they are doing "something"! Governor Walz is going to announce state wide masks required in the next day or so.

We have not had one single death in our county. Here is a quote from the news article.

quote:
However, at Tuesday's Council meeting, Peterson said that enforcement needs to be largely voluntary on the part of businesses and individuals. He says police should only be involved as a very last resort.

Individual enforcement huh? So all the mask wearing Karens now have a personal responsibility to "enforce" the non mask wearers to comply? This will require more police response and will fill the hospitals far more than the covid ever did. What a wishy washy bunch of crap!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local news is reporting that NJ Field Marshal Murphy has ordered the arrest of the owners of the Attilis Gym in Bellmawr. They were handcuffed, arrested and hauled of to jail this morning. Here is a link: https://philadelphia.cbslocal....rsey-shutdown-order/

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
Local news is reporting that NJ Field Marshal Murphy has ordered the arrest of the owners of the Attilis Gym in Bellmawr. They were handcuffed, arrested and hauled of to jail this morning. Here is a link: https://philadelphia.cbslocal....rsey-shutdown-order/

As if these cities don't have enough financial troubles caused by the lock downs they are going to paying thousands if not millions in civil lawsuits when this is over in November.
I hope the gym owners sue the ever loving crap out of them and Ramius gets his pound of flesh as well!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8534 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
So with all of this going on why are there not recall petitions against the governors, and elected officials? Why not move to get them out of office? Like they attempted on Gov. Walker In Wisconsin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4838 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
So with all of this going on why are there not recall petitions against the governors, and elected officials? Why not move to get them out of office? Like they attempted on Gov. Walker In Wisconsin.

Kentucky has no such provision.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
NJ has been particularly hard hit by the virus. For those of you who are fortunate enough not to have any contact with those affected by the disease, you are fortunate. I have many relatives who work in the health care industry. It's an ugly and dangerous disease. That's why the Attillus Gym situation really bugs me. These guys are NOT Covid deniers. They did the reopening exactly right. They don't just ask if you have a fever and a few other screening questions. Before you enter the gym, you get your temperature checked. If you have an elevated temperature, you don't get in. You have to wear a mask when you enter the gym until you are able to socially distance. The equipment is 6 ft apart. They have the most comprehensive cleaning regimen I have heard for any business, bar none. The equipment is cleaned after every use.

The owners of the gym should be held up as a positive example of how to reopen a business such as theirs, not as people who deserve prison. This has NOTHING to do with public health. It has everything to do with revenge (they pissed off the Governor) and with a show of force showing the public who is boss.

Posts: 1054 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post