SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states?
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a mutiny in these over reaching states? Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Didn't think for a moment that you were, sir Smile

Took it as intended and will seek to amend those pesky URLs in future.

Seems fone is the only way i is operating these days Razz

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
And Atilis Gym is located in Bellmawr, NJ

https://www.instagram.com/p/CS...utm_medium=copy_link

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gretches Chief Medical Executive couldn't take it any more.
https://www.9and10news.com/202...r-state-of-michigan/

BYE-BYE!!!!

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...n-sentenced-n2602469

Ian Smith, co-owner of New Jersey-based Atilis Gym, was sentenced Thursday after refusing to close his gym during the Garden State’s lockdown and resisting all orders from the state.

The defiant gym owner was fined $1.2 million for his noncompliance but he never backed down, going so far as to remove the gym’s doors so police couldn’t lock them.

“Thanks to all who joined in on our sentencing hearing. So many came that the server crashed. We got one year probation for the crime of taking our doors off to prevent government goons from locking us out of our gym. @theatilisgym is open and will remain open at any cost,” he said on Twitter.

“We have been open against unconstitutional shut down orders since May,” he said in December of 2020. “Not once have we flinched, and the petty tyrant of New Jersey governor Murphy has tried everything he could possibly think of to ruin us. Over seven months later we will open our doors every single day. No government official will ever tell me that I am not able to provide for my family. I do not answer to public servants – no matter what threats or punishments they impose. I am a free man. I do not ask for permission. I do not ask for forgiveness. You work for us. The only way you’ll ever close these doors is when you close my casket.”

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
That is what it is going to take to win this war.

There is a cost to freedom. We've been told our whole lives that freedom is not free, many of us have learned that the hard way.

For people who cave and give in, I feel as loathsome about them as a deserter who walks away from his brothers and sisters on the battlefield.

They are the lowest of low, and I detest them. We must peer pressure those who cave to this insanity, and we must make those causing it VERY uncomfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13939 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Link

NJ Gym Owners Who Defied COVID Lockdowns Have Their Business License Restored

By John Rigolizzo

The owners of Atilis Gym in Bellmawr, New Jersey, had their business licenses restored, nearly two years after they made nationwide headlines for defying New Jersey’s COVID lockdowns.

Atilis co-owner Ian Smith shared a photo to Instagram Sunday showing the restored mercantile licenses. Smith also shared the photo to the Atilis Instagram account. Smith and co-owner Frank Trumbetti kept Atilis open to the public for the past two years, despite the revoked license, operating off of donations and merchandise sales.

“It’s been over 2 years since they came into our lives and told Americans they couldn’t run their businesses, go to work, school, church, or outside,” Smith wrote. “When we reopened [Atilis] we had no idea it would be this hard of a fight. We just knew it wasn’t right, and we were going to stand our ground for ourselves, our families, and the rights of all Americans. [Governor] Phil [Murphy] and his cowardly cronies at the Health Department, the [Attorney General]’s office, the Sheriff’s Department, and his lackey [NJ Superior Court] Judge Robert Lougy tried to bury us.”

Smith claimed that as a result of not complying with lockdown orders, he and Trumbetti received more than 90 citations, along with ten gym members who received citations; 9 criminal charges; that both he and Trumbetti were arrested, as well as one member; that local police changed the locks on the building, backed up their plumbing, and eventually boarded up the gym; that they were fined $15,497.76 every day they remained open, for 5 months; that $173,000 in fundraising for their legal defense was seized by the state; and that they owe more than $300,000 in legal bills. “And they took our business license,” Smith wrote. “Our ability to pursue the American dream. All for what? We were right all along. To date, 391,683 visits to our facility and people got healthier, happier, and better.”

“Well, it paid off,” Smith continued. “The township folded. They reinstated our business license. It took them 2 years to realize that nothing would make us kneel. The fight is far from over, but from the bottom of our hearts we are sending out the biggest of thanks to the community that kept us safe, gave us a reason to fight, and picked us up every single time we got knocked down. No matter how determined we were, it would not have been possible to weather the storm if it were just us. Our members, the local community, the people of New Jersey, around the country, and around the world made it all possible. We made it. 2 years without charging a single member – just donations and [T-Shirt] sales. All the legal bills, fines, normal overhead, and safety equipment. We were able to do it because of you all. Thank you all again.”

Smith said the gym would begin signing up members again over the course of the next several days, and would resume billing members on April 15th. Memberships are $30 per month. He also announced the introduction of a free exercise program, supported by donations from community members and supporters and available to members of the community in need. Smith welcomed supporters interested in donating to the program to reach out to the gym.

Smith and Trumbetti claim they were sentenced to a year of criminal probation with minimal fines in January for physically removing the doors from the gym so they could not be locked out by police. They are also still involved in several legal challenges against the state of New Jersey. Smith also announced he was running for Congress in February.

Posts: 727 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
No, not really. What it would have taken to win would be numbers and organization. They dropped the hammer on this guy because he was one guy and bring all their force to bear. If every effected business owner resisted, and they and their supporters were highly organized, to the extent that they could bring real force to bear when the government tried to shut anyone down.

One guy, or even a small number, are always going to get crushed.

quote:
Originally posted by AKSuperDually:
That is what it is going to take to win this war.

There is a cost to freedom. We've been told our whole lives that freedom is not free, many of us have learned that the hard way.

For people who cave and give in, I feel as loathsome about them as a deserter who walks away from his brothers and sisters on the battlefield.

They are the lowest of low, and I detest them. We must peer pressure those who cave to this insanity, and we must make those causing it VERY uncomfortable.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post