SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Describe your job as boring and generic as possible.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Describe your job as boring and generic as possible. Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Director of expensive noise.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
I tell a computer what to do, in a language it understands.

You mean everything comes down to a "1" or a "0". Simple, just get them in the right sequence. Smile

(To err is human, to really screw things up takes a computer)

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Yes, it can be boring and no, I do not use generics. Wink

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
(I used to) write, modify, and fix COBOL programs.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
I tell stories with numbers.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4MUL8R:
I tell stories with numbers.

Did that include letters such as a-c-c-t?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I build things that build things in clouds. Sometimes correctly.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2364 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I race cars. I play tennis. I fondle women. But, I have weekends off, and I am my own boss.

- Arthur Bach (from the movie 'Arthur')

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
I spray water and take people to the doctor

Posts: 6351 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
I played (Retired) with Electric Trains.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Used to make lights work, job I started this week keeps the interwebz working.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20830 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
I pick up dead people and put them in a hole or a large fire.

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1728 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sit in meetings, respond to (some) emails and (some) IMs. Mostly, I while away the day wondering how so many highly-paid people are so unable to make a decision or take action on their own.

tl;dr: glorified babysitter

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I build stuff that tells other people what's in their stuff.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5483 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
I point and I talk. Then I push buttons.

Posts: 6307 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
I edit poorly-written reports about Airmen’s poorly-made decisions.

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tell people where to go to wait for bad things to happen.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I make charts and Powerpoint presentations so that Senior Management can zoom in on spelling or punctuation errors while ignoring relevant content.

Posts: 977 | Location: Upstate South Carolina | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I play piano in a whorehouse.

I've probably seem you at work.
I build and maintain the beds at the whorehouse. Luckily I don't have to clean them.

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Click mouse to buy and sell stuff.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post