SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Explosives? Firearms? Molotov cocktails? Attacking both cops and regular people in the wrong place at the wrong time? At this point, they appear to be an organized army declaring war on the country. They should be treated accordingly, not with the proverbial kid gloves. They want war and death? Give it to them.

That was the point of my earlier question. They come to an area fully intending on destroying property, injuring people, and provoking the police, all under the veil of a 'peaceful protest'. I don't know in what world a peaceful protest includes Molotov cocktails, clubs, bats, pepper spray, explosives, and firearms.

What is that old movie quote "you don't put a condom on unless you're going to fuck".

These little spoiled brats are nothing but vicious bullies hiding behind an agenda who are full prepared to scream like the 'victim' should someone have the gall to defend themselves.

They can identify what they're doing as a Unicorn fart rainbow party if they want but what they are doing is still violent. Calling a train a cow won't make it give milk.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37912 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These folks haven’t run into the right bunch just yet.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
These people are nothing more than modern Brown Shirts, or more accurately in terms of attire if not historical precedent, Black Shirts. And now in Manuel Esteban Paez Teran they have a “martyr” for their own Horst Wessel song. Look for that next.

6.4/93.6

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 47356 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

Yes they have, and anyone who met their violence 1 on 1 was branded as white supremacist terrorists.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37912 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
These people are nothing more than modern Brown Shirts, or more accurately in terms of attire if not historical precedent, Black Shirts. And now in Manuel Esteban Paez Teran they have a “martyr” for their own Horst Wessel song. Look for that next.

I agree. They are a major threat because they are getting support from a power structure that wants to destroy our Constitutional system.

Posts: 9396 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
That's part of their plan. They know where they can get away with this shit.

quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ They're also probing. Thus this nonsense in Atlanta, and the "protests" out in the suburbs that followed the rioting in St. Louis and Portland.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, down this way, they had better be careful, lest they get their probes cut right the fuck off.

This ain't mangina'd Portland. Georgia is a Constitutional Carry state. These days, I operate under the assumption that all adults I encounter in my day-to-day are armed.

You leave us alone and we'll leave you alone. If you can't mind your own business, then, all bets are off.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107224 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm betting they aren't too interested in trying Governor Ron's patience here in Florida.

When George Floyd offed himself some enterprising doxxter discovered that one of the officers families had a condo not far from Disney, and some of the local malcontents made some noises about raising hell there. Orange County Sheriff's Department deployed about 200 riot prepared officers to the local highschool which was about 3 miles from the condo. Protest never really materialized after that...

Orange County is pretty liberal compared to much of the rest of the state. If that shit don't fly in Orange, it's really not going to fly anywhere else down here.

I hope Georgia stones up and takes these shits down hard.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12741 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They should take their act to South Fulton see how the folks there treat white trustafarians destroying their business.

Posts: 4733 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I hope Georgia stones up and takes these shits down hard.

Me too, brother.
Nothing teaches like experience.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7227 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ They're also probing. Thus this nonsense in Atlanta, and the "protests" out in the suburbs that followed the rioting in St. Louis and Portland.

During the riots in Mpls. they threatened to head to the northern part of the state and wreak havoc and burn shit down. They never showed up and I will say that was a good decision on their part. Who ever is pulling their strings knows where the trip wires are and how and when to avoid them. There was a lot of talk that the intention of the left was to start a wide spread civil war. They knew what they needed to do to accomplish that but they didn't.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8500 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
At least they were charged with domestic terrorism. Get that to stick and they'll high-tail it out of the state and go somewhere where they know they'll get off with a slap on the wrist.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6843 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
At least they were charged with domestic terrorism. Get that to stick and they'll high-tail it out of the state and go somewhere where they know they'll get off with a slap on the wrist.
Get that to stick and they would be imprisoned or they would be fugitives from justice.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107224 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Are we discussing the lunatic Left and their rising calls for violence in Memphis over the beating death of Tyre Nichols at the hands of five of Memphis Police Department's (MPD's) finest?

The five officers apparently beat the ever livin' daylights out of Nichols and it was caught on camera and on their body worn cameras. One person who has seen it says it was a worse beating than Rodney King's tuneup at the hands of California cops. Taken to hospital, a few days later Nichols died of the injuries inflicted by the officers.

All charged are of the same complexion as the deceased, so race doesn't sound involved, and all have been charged with seven felony charges, including one count of second-degree murder, one count of aggravated assault, one count of official oppression and two counts each of aggravated kidnapping and official misconduct. If convicted and sentences run consecutively we are talking throw away the key sentences (15-60 years on SDM alone)

Apparently Memphis Police Chief Davis gave an address Wednesday evening and called Nichols’ death "heinous, reckless and inhumane," cautioning people not to react violently after seeing the footage.

"This is not just a professional failing. This is a failing of basic humanity toward another individual," Davis said, ... "That is beyond regrettable."

"In the vein of transparency, when the video is released in the coming days, you will see this for yourselves."

To our local folks, it is projected to be sunny and 50F on Saturday. Plan accordingly.

Meanwhile, I am guessing that if it really is as bad as it sounds, Memphis is gonna need to dig up and reanimate Elvis to help cover the payout of $1M in compensatory damages and $50M in punitive damages.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31359 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prison beatings are waiting for these boys.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, down this way, they had better be careful, lest they get their probes cut right the fuck off...

Para you owe me a new keyboard! That was the funniest thing I’ve read all day.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
State of emergency has been issued.

It's out of Mayor Do-Nothing Dickens hands now. The guard has been called out to clear the area.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34072 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I can not comment directly about the Memphis situation other than to what is already public knowledge. 5 officers were terminated and criminally charged in the death of Mr. Nichols. There is video of the incident that will be publicly released in the coming days. The family has seen the video. State charges were handed down today and a federal investigation is still underway.

The family has called for calm. The local NAACP has called for any protests to be peaceful. So far other than totally justifiable anger and outrage expressed both by the community and the Department itself the situation in Memphis is relatively OK. Whether it remains that way now that it is the center of national attention remains to be seen.

The Nichols family has my deepest condolences for this tragedy and I have nothing but respect for the way Chief Davis has handled this horrific situation thus far.

It's a horrible, horrible situation. Pray for calm and healing for everyone involved. It's going to be a rough period.

Any statements I make are purely my own opinion and do not necessarily reflect the position of any agency or employer I may or may not be affiliated with.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
This Memphis thing flies in the face of the prevailing narrative on such matters.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post