SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There used to be one of those gun shops in the San Francisco bay area, Traders in San Leandro. Half of the recovered guns in the area were sold at Traders. An FFL I know told me he watched them selling guns to GF's of felons, with the felons telling them which ones to choose.

Karma or not, they had a pistol testing section with a bullet trap. It eventually wore out, and a round went through the back and killed a long term employee.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
What happened to the "most peaceful protests"? I think Wheeler is looking at his chance of being reelected getting smaller and smaller.

quote:
FOXNEWS.com:Portland mayor now says police ‘hands off’ riot response was ‘not the right strategy’

Mayor Ted Wheeler said the city was still "trying to find the right recipe" for handling riots

Portland, Oregon, city leaders used a "hands off" approach Aug. 22 when groups of armed protesters clashed in the city – but on Wednesday Mayor Ted Wheeler admitted it was "not the right strategy."

"It is clear, based on the public outcry, on the media outcry, on the national front, that that strategy was not the right strategy," Wheeler said during a Portland City Council meeting, according to The Associated Press.

"I think we can all acknowledge that," he added. "I take full responsibility for it."

He said Portland was still "trying to find the right recipe" for handling riots – seeking a solution somewhere between an "overwhelming police presence" and restrained law enforcement, the AP reported.

State lawmakers representing the northeast section of the city spoke out against the decision to keep police from intervening in the clash between crowds from the political left and right.

Local residents also claimed they felt "terrorized and abandoned" as rioters in helmets and gas masks – and some armed with baseball bats and paintball guns – confronted each other.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler speaks at City Hall on Aug. 30, 2020. (Getty Images)

A spokesperson for the Portland Police Bureau said authorities monitored the clash from an airplane, the AP reported.

City officials warned the public in advance that police would not be intervening in the protest as a reaction to claims that police presence exacerbated crowd tensions.

Wheeler claimed immediately afterward that the strategy was a success, with few reports of harm to the broader community or to property.

"With strategic planning and oversight, the Portland Police Bureau and I mitigated confrontation between the two events and minimized the impact of the weekend’s events to Portlanders," Wheeler said in an Aug. 23 statement.

But reaction from lawmakers and the public appeared to give Wheeler second thoughts about the approach.

Past riots and protests that have resulted in injuries and property destruction have made the city open to trying new plans for dealing with such clashes, the mayor said.

"Portland is unique in that we seem to be ground zero for alt-right groups to come into our town because they know they’ll get a response – and they do," Wheeler said.

The mayor’s remarks came in advance of a city council vote on a $50,000 settlement relating to a woman’s claim that she had been injured at an Aug. 4 protest when police hurled a flash-bang munition at her with no warning, the AP reported. The council approved the settlement in a unanimous vote, the report said.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.
Dom Calicchio is a Senior Editor at FoxNews.com. Reach him at dom.calicchio@foxnews.com. Follow him on Twitter @DomCalicchioFOX

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
On the basis of “public outcry, on the media outcry, on the national front, that that strategy was not the right strategy ….” But not on the rule of law and the first and foremost obligation of the “government” to protect the citizenry that organized and paid for it: They weren’t, and still aren’t the reasons why it should have been handled differently. It was wrong because we got criticized for it. Gotcha.
As usual, further words fail me. Roll Eyes

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Portland is unique in that we seem to be ground zero for alt-right groups Anqueefa to come into our town because they know they’ll get a there'll be no police response – and they do there isn't," Wheeler said.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Portland is unique in that we seem to be ground zero for alt-right groups to come into our town because they know they’ll get a response – and they do," Wheeler said.

Yeah, funny how it's always just those extreme right-wing troublemakers that come to town just to cause trouble, isn't it? Roll Eyes Mad

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
FOXNEWS.com:Portland mayor now says police ‘hands off’ riot response was ‘not the right strategy’

No shit Sherlock.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
On the basis of “public outcry, on the media outcry, on the national front, that that strategy was not the right strategy ….” But not on the rule of law and the first and foremost obligation of the “government” to protect the citizenry that organized and paid for it: They weren’t, and still aren’t the reasons why it should have been handled differently. It was wrong because we got criticized for it. Gotcha.
As usual, further words fail me. Roll Eyes

Sigfreund, I don't think you could have put it more succinctly!

However, what's that saying: "You get the government you deserve"?
They voted for that shit... Now they're pissed the got it.

Yeah, I feel bad for the minority that want "Law and Order", believe in the "Rule of Law", and other things like that. But it's apparent that the MAJORITY there want that shit. Let's see if they still want it come election time.

I feel exactly "Zero . shit" for anyone that changed their minds mid-stream- Meaning the ones that were all "Yayyy blm! Boo Police!" Then their store was looted, or they were subjected to the violence.

I truly feel sorry for their Police Force, or at least what's left of it.
How many months were those Cops under siege? Every day, with ZERO support from their local government.
They probably really feel great every time someone from the Jan 06 debacle gets arrested by the Feds, yet no (or very little) charges, inquisitions, search warrants or arrests from the Riots that summer.

Yeah, the average ADD/ADHD American Voter tends to forget (or overlook) a lot of stuff, but I don't think most of them are forgetting or forgiving how Local Government absolutely FAILED them when they needed it most.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
When I see this shit by our own City Government LOL I see little to no hope in Chicago.
https://abc7chicago.com/chicag...test-riots/12343556/

I still believe that the CPD should stay home for at least a month or maybe as long as these CPD officers are suspended without pay.

I actually thought that the message had been sent and the Chicago, Cook County,State of IL. residents finally were getting the message about crime, Boy was I wrong!
All the Democratic crooks will be elected/re-elected again in the up coming elections.
I cringe to think what the choices will be for the upcoming Mayoral race.I hope I won't be forced to vote for the "bug" again as being the best of the worst.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
There used to be one of those gun shops in the San Francisco bay area, Traders in San Leandro. Half of the recovered guns in the area were sold at Traders. An FFL I know told me he watched them selling guns to GF's of felons, with the felons telling them which ones to choose.

Yup, know Traders well. Bought my first AR and a few others there, had great prices....little did I know or, understand at the time that they did volume. They also had a case full of gold-chromed pistols, mainly Beretta's, Desert Eagles and semi-auto Uzi's, clearly it catered to a specific demographic. There was also cheesesteak shop next door that was solid.
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
What happened to the "most peaceful protests"? I think Wheeler is looking at his chance of being reelected getting smaller and smaller.

What's sad/pathetic/ridiculous is he was recently re-elected, because the leading opponents were more extreme than him.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
In another 4 years he'll probably be running for Governor.

Posts: 7267 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
The Domestic Terror Attacks You Haven't Heard About
ERICK-WOODS ERICKSON
JAN 20

For a few years now, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, national politicians, and the media have warned us about the growing rise of white nationalist militias and alt-right fascists. Reports have repeatedly documented that they are the biggest threat to the nation domestically.

In Atlanta, Georgia, we see this first hand, and nationally everyone should pay attention to what they are doing.

A white militia firebombed a mostly non-white at-risk youth center on the west side of Atlanta. They also firebombed the offices of a building contractor with law enforcement ties. In fact, because the contractor has been working with various law enforcement agencies, the militia firebombed one of the offices and vandalized another. They even showed up at churches where their employees worked and disrupted church services. The militia has harassed employees, the employees’ spouses, and their children. In at least two cases, the militia has harassed extended family and friends all to punish the workers for that contractor.

Two days ago, the same group of white nationalists shot a police officer in Atlanta and are now pledging revenge after the shooter himself died in return fire.

Amazingly, the national media has not covered this ongoing series of attacks. The white nationalists even stormed into a fire station and attacked the firefighters, and vandalized the fire station.

Actually, it would be amazing if white nationalists did all that. But they didn’t. It was, instead, an ANTIFA-affiliated group with ties to organizations that, in turn, have ties to Stacey Abrams and various progressive activists.¹

These terrorists are almost all from outside Georgia. They came into the state pledging to stop the development of a police training facility in DeKalb County, Georgia. The 89 acres of land is owned by the City of Atlanta and had been a prison farm. Atlanta wants to turn it into a training facility and thinks better training will help build a better, more stable police force.

The ANTIFA group moved in, began camping on the land, and used rocks and Molotov cocktails to ward off the police and others. They then started setting brush fires. When the fire department came, they vandalized the fire trucks. When the terrorists started another fire, and the firefighters showed up, it was a trap. The terrorists had dug pits with spikes and human feces in them, hoping to trap and injure the firefighters. When the firefighters refused to return for other fires, the terrorists stormed the local fire station.

Local political leaders in DeKalb County are scared of the terrorists and ordered both the fire department and police department to stand down. The firefighters had to evacuate their fire department. With no police enforcement, the terrorists set up an encampment on the land, claiming it was now a park and sacred indigenous land.

The incursion into the fire department prompted Georgia’s Governor and Attorney General to get involved, bringing in the state police.

Two days ago, as the police showed up to clear the land, one of the terrorists shot a police officer. Police returned fire, killing the terrorist. Tonight, the terrorists are planning a “night of rage” to hunt and inflict “reciprocal violence” on police and their allies. That’s what they are actually saying

The contractor building the facility is Brasfield & Gorrie. Several of the company offices have been vandalized, firebombed, or otherwise attacked. Here is reporting from the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

“Brasfield & Gorrie employees and offices have been the target of criminal acts of vandalism and harassment during demonstrations against the Atlanta Public Safety Training Center,” a company spokesperson wrote in an emailed statement. “Activists crossed the boundary of peaceful protest into unlawful activity involving significant property destruction and harassment.”

Not only were the company’s Alabama and Cobb County offices recently vandalized, but employees and their families have been targeted at their homes, at church and in online attacks, the statement said.

Note carefully that the terrorists have attacked the company’s offices in states beyond Georgia.

Additionally, the group has taken credit for the firebombing of the at-risk youth facility.

I know several people deeply familiar with the situation. They tell me contractors for Brasfield & Gorrie have had to hire security for their families. Several churches have had to hire armed guards for worship. A friend told me the ANTIFA terrorists showed up to disrupt his church’s worship service because one of the congregants works for Brasfield & Gorrie. The congregation has taken security into its own hands with trained members who are armed now — something they had never done.

Like with the firebombings of pro-life facilities across the country, the FBI and Justice Department seem uninterested, even as attacks have happened across state lines.

The national media has given very little attention to this story.

I just can’t help but wonder how they’d all respond if it really was the Proud Boys or white nationalists. I suspect you’d have all heard a great deal more about this.

Abrams is or was on the board of the Marguerite Casey Foundation. During her tenure, the foundation funded the Black Organizing Project, which is part of the Anti Police-Terror Project. The Anti Police-Terror Project has been a booster of the terrorists in Atlanta.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/u...acility-si-rcna66475

The Daily Mail is the only one to mention Antifa

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...estic-terrorism.html

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There is only one way to deal with antifa.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Punji traps for firefighters? Yeah, that needs to be stopped "by any means necessary."

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^this is why these people can’t be fixed. They live in a distorted reality. They believe the lies and deceptions they’re told

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Maybe the GA cops can teach the cuck LE in OR proper enemy identification and neutralization.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
There is only one way to deal with antifa.

Yup, I believe Remington and mossberg make a particular tool for riots…

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
What the shit is a "forest defender" I mean I played D&D, hell I wrote for some RPG's and frankly this sounds like something in an RPG campaign. SMH......can we go back to the prime universe now. Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A forest defender is someone who does nothing with their life, and lives in a make believe world where they are important.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post