SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^ Insanity. High Schools wouldn't even dare perform student elections in such a way and trust the results.

If you don't know what it means, you need to understand "Vote Harvesting" aka "Ballot harvesting"

this is where so called 'volunteers' go door to door TO THOSE REGISTERED DEMOCRAT and collect ballots which were never mailed.

"Good afternoon, I can collect your ballot if you haven't mailed it yet."

I think anyone can see the issue here.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
I wonder if/when CA will become a liability to the US rather than an asset.

It won't matter. It really won't.

That coastline as a strategic asset, San Diego itself and the Naval infrastructure, Long Beach, etc.

Plus California grows almost 20% of America's Produce. We're never giving up those food supplies.

The rest is hyperbole and such. I like hyperbole, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
We were asked to stay on topic. Let's.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Not to mention the submarine bases/infrastructure in Washington is huge too.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^ Insanity. High Schools wouldn't even dare perform student elections in such a way and trust the results.

If you wouldn't mail a $20.00 bill to yourself, then I wouldn't trust mail in voting.

Three nice examples for you. Not mail in ballots but same thing. Two happened within the last 9 months. One 9 years ago.

The oldest first. My sister mailed me a birthday card, with two $20.00 bills and a gift card to a restaurant. Still have not received it.

Back in February, I was sent my notice to renew my concealed weapons permit, I didn't receive it until last week. I didn't realize it was time to renew so I wasn't looking for it. Then it shows up and I realized my permit was expired. I called the Sheriff department, and she said that it was going to be an extra $15.00, that with the China virus there have been a few people that this has happened to and Kentucky wouldn't wave the late fees.

So, I went and renewed it last Friday, the lady at the desk called to see if she could get it (late fee) waved and it was a no go. So, I had to pay the extra $15.00, even though they knew that it has been a problem.

Second, I mailed a $500.00 money order for payment. Back in March. I got notified a month ago that they had not received payment. So I had to go to the bank and cancel the money order, and all that. It turned out to be a pain in the ass.

So no, I don't trust any vote by mail scheme, unless it's absentee and there was away to verify that they received it.

It you can go to Walmart, riot, or whatever. You can vote in person!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Once again, I am asking you guys to get off election stuff in this thread. Not another word about it. No election stuff, no mail stuff. I'm not going to be happy if I have to ask again.

The same goes for the states seceding stuff. That crap is just plain silly.

Riots, insurrection- that is the subject of this thread. Stick to it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107551 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
How about a little pick-me-up this morning? LA is not Portland.

https://twitter.com/livesmatte.../1303535240061698049

https://twitter.com/VenturaRep.../1303205807589224448

https://twitter.com/livesmatte.../1303537283811827712

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Seems an umbrella becomes a drag chute in retreat.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34112 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

He was working on his cardio.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
They remind me of the Monty Python crew running away from the rabbit.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Talk about "de-incentivizing"

Good work, LAPD

quote:

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Talk about "de-incentivizing"

Good work, LAPD

quote:
It's nice to see them take effective action. Who would have thunk it?

Probably plenty of people in LA still remember the aftermath and rebuilding from the Rodney King fiasco.

Posts: 7253 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Best Reply

Got to admit, have had little faith in LAPD since the way they handled the Nakatomi Plaza incident and had to leave it all up to the 1 NYPD Officer to handle it but they might be turning a corner

Posts: 23414 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
this comment made me LOL...

quote:
Do they know LAPD is 53% Latino and will be much more forceful than Portland.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10916 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to add that was not LAPD, but LASD in action. Great video, especially that first one. I remember a term from “Generation Kill” where one of the officers was talking about the “violence of action” in manuever warfare. Hit em hard, hit em fast, and keep attacking.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
LASD did a drive-by on those assholes, that's gangsta! Big Grin

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about a little pick-me-up this morning? LA is not Portland.

That is refreshing to see that a department knows how to disperse these ass holes. Instead of standing off and letting them control what happens...the LASD acted forcefully and the little shits scattered like rats.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
this comment made me LOL...

quote:
Do they know LAPD is 53% Latino and will be much more forceful than Portland.

For the record, that was LASD. Which has a very large territory and well resourced, larger than most metro departments.

Mayor Garcetti wouldn't allow LA Police to confront these anarchists but, LA Sheriff will.

Time to put the sheep-dog moniker to good use and start rounding up these assholes, there's too many squirters getting away.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Or a catcher's mitt for Molotov cocktails coming in from behind.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8336 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Professor: "Nothing Wrong With" Murder Of Right-Wing "Fascist... From A Moral Perspective"

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...st-moral-perspective

University of Rhode Island Professor Erik Loomis appeared to defend the murder of Aaron "Jay" Danielson, the member of the right-wing group Patriot Prayer, during recent social unrest in Portland, Oregon.

In 2012, Loomis came under scrutiny after he called for NRA executive Wayne LaPierre's "head on a stick" following the shooting massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut.

Just weeks later, in January 2013, Loomis said, “I know the central mission of the Republican Party is to have a membership made up entirely of old rural white people."

Now, Loomis is once again under fire after publishing a blog post titled "Why was Michael Reinoehl killed?" Reinoehl is the man suspected of fatally shooting Danielson. Reinoehl was killed as federal authorities tried to arrest him.

“Michael Reinoehl is the guy who killed the fascist in Portland last week. He admitted it and said he was scared the cops would kill him. Well, now the cops have killed him," Loomis wrote in the September 4 blog post.

“I am extremely anti-conspiracy theory. But it’s not a conspiracy theory at this point in time to wonder if the cops simply murdered him. The police is [sic] shot through with fascists from stem to stern. They were openly working with the fascists in Portland, as they were in Kenosha which led to dead protestors," Loomis continued.

In the comment section of the blog post, one reader challenged Loomis by writing, "Erik, he shot and killed a guy," referring to Reinoehl.

Loomis responded by saying, “He killed a fascist. I see nothing wrong with it, at least from a moral perspective.” He further added that “tactically, that’s a different story. But you could say the same thing about John Brown.”

Loomis furthered compared Reinoehl to Brown who in the 1800s used violence as a means of fighting slavery.

One reader then asked, “What’s so great about assassinating a rando fascist? And in the absence of a sound affirmative justification, it should be easy to envision the drawbacks.”

Loomis was quick to reply with, “What’s so great about assassinating random slaveholders, said liberals to John Brown.”

In a separate comment, Loomis wrote, "the problem with violence is that it usually, though not always, is a bad idea. That I agree with."

Loomis said in another comment, "Yes, sometimes violence is necessary, say to avoid greater physical harm, i.e. self-defense, or to defeat a literal army of fascists who are trying to kill people. But, ideologically, I think the idea that violence is good if it's against our political enemies is a core part of fascism, and so the ideological opposition to that idea should be its opposite - that violence as a general rule is bad, unless the specific context of that situation requires a violent response."

Loomis made headlines Tuesday for another comment he made on Twitter. In response to MSNBC host Chris Hayes tweeting, "Trump is objectively pro-Covid," Loomis tweeted "yeah, I mean, once Republicans figured out COVID was going to affect people of color and the poor disproportionately, they stopped caring about doing anything about it."

Erik Loomis
@ErikLoomis
Yeah, I mean, once Republicans figured out COVID was going to affect people of color and the poor disproportionately, they stopped caring about doing anything about it.
Chris Hayes
@chrislhayes
Trump is objectively pro-Covid.
11:36 AM · Sep 8, 2020

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post