SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldbill123:
In a sane world, he would already be expired

If any animal needed dispatching soon it would be this evil SOB. The trial should be over by close of business and he should take his last breath shortly thereafter.

Sadly, he will live out his days comfortably in prison after and while costing the taxpayers of WI millions of dollars.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Recently, the state legislature raised felony statues from over $500 to $1000. Now, a thief can steal twice the amount of your stuff before it’s a felony. Why? They stated that “inflation and whatnot”. But, bail continues to GO DOWN instead of their straw man “inflation and whatnot” excuses.

The problem is really the prisons and jails are full to capacity and the courts are overwhelmed.

It apparently does not occur to these people that if facing justice actually involved something painful there'd be far fewer people desiring to do so.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
It apparently does not occur to these people that if facing justice actually involved something painful there'd be far fewer people desiring to do so.

I learned that as a very young child. Dad's belt was a whole lot more persuasive than a "time out".

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
timing is everything...

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'You bet my bail reforms will kill people': Shocking 2007 admission by woke Milwaukee District Attorney John Chisolm who freed Waukesha parade killer three weeks ago on $1,000 bond

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...t-people-killed.html

Milwaukee County DA John Chisolm said in 2007: 'Is there going to be an individual I divert, or put into a program, who's going to go out and kill? You bet'

In 2007, Chisolm told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: 'Is there going to be an individual I divert, or I put into treatment program, who's going to go out and kill somebody? You bet. Guaranteed. It's guaranteed to happen.

'It does not invalidate the overall approach.'

more at link

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem is really the prisons and jails are full to capacity and the courts are overwhelmed.

Actually, the ones that are only filled to capacity are the lucky ones. Ours is at like 160% and routinely turns down the booking in of arrestees, and frequently operates on a one in, one out plan. Many, many times Deputies have to run prisoners to other contract lockups that may be multiple counties away. People have to wait and get "reservations" to serve their sentences in a lot of cases. And then there's COVID....

People can bitch all they want about people being released on bond or on their own recognizance or early from their sentences, but when cells are double-bunked and DUIs are sleeping on cots in hallways and the food service unit is set up to feed half the actual population, which is the first thing to lead to a riot, it isn't so easy. If you don't like it, volunteer your backyard and the accompanying tax increase to build more jails.

The US leads the world in the number of people incarcerated and that isn't even per capita (https://www.statista.com/statistics/262961/countries-with-the-most-prisoners/). Just slamming the cell door on more people doesn't seem to be working out so hot.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or maybe the real problem is that our society is being overwhelmed with criminal behavior.

Posts: 763 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
quote:
slamming the cell door on more people

Maybe "slamming the cell door on more people's head would work.

Posts: 493 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
quote:

Actually, the ones that are only filled to capacity are the lucky ones. Ours is at like 160% and routinely turns down the booking in of arrestees, and frequently operates on a one in, one out plan. Many, many times Deputies have to run prisoners to other contract lockups that may be multiple counties away. People have to wait and get "reservations" to serve their sentences in a lot of cases. And then there's COVID....

People can bitch all they want about people being released on bond or on their own recognizance or early from their sentences, but when cells are double-bunked and DUIs are sleeping on cots in hallways and the food service unit is set up to feed half the actual population, which is the first thing to lead to a riot, it isn't so easy. If you don't like it, volunteer your backyard and the accompanying tax increase to build more jails.

The US leads the world in the number of people incarcerated and that isn't even per capita (https://www.statista.com/statistics/262961/countries-with-the-most-prisoners/). Just slamming the cell door on more people doesn't seem to be working out so hot.

Cemeteries are cheaper than jails.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RGRacing:
Maybe "slamming the cell door on more people's head would work.

That actually happened to me. All I got was a permanent headache.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
. . . Ha! They WAS PUNKED !!

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wire...a-nordstrom-81388101

Police in Palo Alto announced Wednesday that two women had been arrested in connection with a Sunday night attempt to steal items from the RealReal clothing boutique downtown.

Police said 30 to 40 people arrived in some 20 cars and tried to break down the glass front door but it held. A security guard reported the effort and the crowd fled as police arrived.

The women were stopped in a car where police said they found at least $15,000 in clothes from a second RealReal location that was burglarized in Larkspur earlier that night.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Woodman,

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ One, I'm blown away that they would drive an hour and a half to two hours just to loot another RealReal store.

Two, Palo Alto is down in the heart of Silicon Valley. Funny how San Francisco, where a lot of silicon workers live, will put up with that crap, but the Peninsula, where the silicon barons live, won't.

Three, they're getting careless. Stealing $15,000 worth of goods is way beyond a misdemeanor, even in present-day California.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo: Funny how San Francisco, where a lot of silicon workers live, will put up with that crap, but the Peninsula, where the silicon barons live, won't.
Larkspur is woke to felony-sharing and Palo Alto is more law-and-order?

Domestic terrorism. Democrats will lose the House and Senate as Law and Order in 2022 becomes the campaign mantra.

Wednesday - California Apple store hit in latest smash-and-grab in broad daylight
https://www.foxnews.com/us/cal...nia-apple-smash-grab

Friday - Best Buy store in Minnesota looted by 20-30 suspects; all get away
https://www.foxnews.com/us/bes...-suspects-burnsville

Friday - Thieves target Home Depot in California, making off with hammers, crowbars and other tools
https://localnews8.com/news/na...ars-and-other-tools/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Portland car theft at all time high.
Homeless camps are a gathering place for these stolen cars.

Let’s Go Portland.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Vote blue, you get robbed, too.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching the above video- They deserve it. They got what they voted for and supported. What fool would of thought otherwise.

Funny the cities they compared Portland to were all liberal bastions.

I don't have to hope it gets worse- It will because of their actions. Oh they legalized hard drugs- I wonder what that'll lead too?

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I don't know that it's fair to blame the voting public in every instance. Knowing what we now know about how the voting process can be and has been manipulated how many of these city leaders were installed rather than voted for? We just never before now were so aware of the fraud. We just scratched our heads wondering how people could be so stupid to vote for these people.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8505 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey citizens/subjects of Portland - elections have consequences.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
And they no doubt STILL vote leftist democrat. I agree- these people brought this lawlessness upon themselves through progressive wokeness. The crimes perpetrated are being committed by cockroaches that have dovetailed nicely with the stupid “free and open” society they’ve created for them to flourish in free of consequences.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Funny the cities they compared Portland to were all liberal bastions.

Wink You might be amazed at the sheer number of liberal municipal bastions that cite Portland as some sort of gold standard for the way cities should be. Depending on one's perspective, the comparison might be entirely appropriate.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post