SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Reparations will come one way or another, the Dindu free stuff crowd will take what they want.

Posts: 2777 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if I owned or operated one of these high end stores selling expensive stuff, I would harden the damn building to the point it would take a Cat D9 to damage it. Protect the inventory, the building itself. the employees and customers, everybody. But that would cost money, wouldn't it? Roll Eyes

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
I think if I owned or operated one of these high end stores selling expensive stuff, I would harden the damn building to the point it would take a Cat D9 to damage it. Protect the inventory, the building itself. the employees and customers, everybody. But that would cost money, wouldn't it? Roll Eyes

Put a few heads on pikes (figuratively speaking) and this shit ends. Hire some ex-military folks to bust heads when they force entry and resolve to steal will evaporate. Also, make looting a shooting offense. If people thought they might die for stealing, there'd be a lot less of it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guards with dogs. Liability waiver to enter. Still be sued into oblivion. Only choice is Service Merchandise model where everything is secured until purchase

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Members only stores. Problem solved.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Back in the mid 90s, was in London on business and had a little time to walk around. Was quite interested in Panerai watches and thought it might be fun to look in the shops on High Street...

Just about every single shop with items like watches or jewelry had very large and menacing looking fellows right at the door. It was more than enough to keep me from entering as i was not likely to buy anything and was happy to just window shop, but it made an impression not forgotten.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once again, a business thinks it's ok to insult police officers who come to them offering their business but, can't get over the role of the job, the uniform, let alone their presence because *gasp* GUNS

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
California Commies: Only trained police officers should be able to have guns!

Also California Commies: WE ARE UNCOMFORTABLE AROUND POLICE OFFICERS WITH GUNS!

In my opinion, the officers that were refused service should have rousted the management and patrons for any number of violations there were likely to be occurring - drug possession, disorderly conduct, failure to comply with lawful orders, resisting arrest, etc. I can't imagine being so stupid to say officers armed with a duty weapon are somehow a danger. Next time the restaurant calls 911, the police should say sorry we are uncomfortable responding to calls to your establishment.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Once again, a business thinks it's ok to insult police officers who come to them offering their business but, can't get over the role of the job, the uniform, let alone their presence because *gasp* GUNS

What would happen if they had a customer who refused to pay? Since they don’t want police officers in the restaurant.

Posts: 364 | Location: Mansfield, TX | Registered: April 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigguy:
quote:

What would happen if they had a customer who refused to pay? Since they don’t want police officers in the restaurant.

Nothing. The restaurant owners would just say it is part of life in the city. This is the new ethos for wacko lefties.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

I wonder if Alec Baldwin is a customer of that restaurant.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30674 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnCourage:
Nothing. The restaurant owners would just say it is part of life in the city. This is the new ethos for wacko lefties.

Its remarkable and pathetic, that the Left has a hard time connecting the dots between their advocacy to defund police, rise in both violent crime and theft and the general coarseness of diolgoue and interaction with each other.
They politically boxed themselves into a corner and their ego prevents them to acknowledge that they didn't think things through. So, they're left with stewing in the filth of their own making.

Posts: 14656 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
They'll only do this to the point where it costs them sales. The dirty little secret is that the markup on this stuff is YUUUUUUgggggeeeee. The profit difference between having to replace some merchandise vs not selling some merchandise because customers are put off by having to jump through security hoops is likely pretty high. They stores would probably deal with the former rather than latter.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BBMW,

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is nothing sacred?

Fox Christmas tree burned. Arson

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fox...ire-suspect-arrested

Posts: 772 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Sadly, I think we know that answer to that question.

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course not politically motivated according to police statement (Per Newsweek). All-American Tree, red white, & blue, Fox- surely nothing political Roll Eyes

Posts: 770 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:

I can't make up my mind. Go to the restaurant with my CCW and then write a note on the receipt telling them I was carrying.

Or go to the hood in Richmond and give a bunch of hommies a $100 to go into town and encourage them to rob the place.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, these "locust swarm" thefts are the fault of the Business, not the actual thieves... Because the business aren't doing their part to stop this stuff...

So, so out of touch with reality!

https://www.foxbusiness.com/ec...rs-smash-grab-thefts

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blamed retailers for not making safety a priority amid a string of smash-and-grab thefts at retail stores in recent months.

"We still have retailers that won't institute plans like having security officers in their stores, making sure that they've got cameras that are actually operational, locking up their merchandise at night, chaining high-end bags. These purses can be something that is attracting a lot of organized retail theft units," Lightfoot said Monday.

Rob Karr, the president and CEO of the Illinois Retail Merchants Association, said Chicago businesses need the "fingerprinting among leadership to stop."

"The comments that retailers need to do more are sadly misinformed. I think it ignores the fact that retailers spent hundreds of millions of dollars every year on security… We’re not going to put the entire store behind glass cases or under lock and key. Retail doesn’t work that way," Karr told FOX Business.

"We have a fine line to walk. I don’t think the mayor wants a line of armed personnel in every store."

Groups of looters in masks have stormed stores in orchestrated plots to steal thousands of dollars worth of merchandise in downtown Chicago and the city’s suburbs.

More than a dozen people raided ​​a Louis Vuitton store at the Oakbrook Center west of Chicago last month, making off with $120,000 of luxury goods before fleeing in three separate cars, one of which was stolen.

The Chicago Police Department sent an alert to businesses in northern Chicago on Black Friday after seven smash-and-grab thefts took place over the course of about three weeks. It warned of offenders forcefully entering "through a front or side door by breaking the door glass with a pry tool" then stealing property.

Last Thursday, nine people stormed a store along Michigan Avenue, resulting in the arrest of just one offender, a 16-year-old boy who was charged with one felony count of retail theft.

The task force executed search warrants on Friday at eight storage units and recovered millions of dollars worth of apparel, beauty products, electronics and other merchandise.

"Organized retail theft is about more than lost revenue and stolen products," Raoul said Friday. "Frequently, the criminal enterprises behind these crimes are connected to other crimes, such as the drug trade and human trafficking. I am committed to identifying the perpetrators behind this and other organized retail crimes in Illinois."

Karr said the retail thefts not only damage the viability of businesses but also reduce tax revenue for the government and make shoppers fearful during the holiday season.

"Criminals take advantage of the weakest links, and right now Chicago looks like the weakest link, because the very leadership that ought to be addressing this together with us, is fighting with each other over who’s to blame," he said.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Reparations will come one way or another, the Dindu free stuff crowd will take what they want.

Bullshit & nice defeatist attitude. My advice - get out of Boston.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Beetlejuice says that now....her story will change as soon as one of these yutes gets their teeth knocked out for swinging on an off duty CPD officer.

Chicago is the weakest link for one reason a progressive mayor and DA

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post