SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blamed retailers for not making safety a priority amid a string of smash-and-grab thefts at retail stores in recent months.

Wow, she is a real piece of work Roll Eyes

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Beetlejuice says that now....her story will change as soon as one of these yutes gets their teeth knocked out for swinging on an off duty CPD officer.

Chicago is the weakest link for one reason a progressive mayor and DA

You left out the biggest problem; Well Over 50% of the voters vote for this shit!
Same in all the large cities.

Posts: 4629 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Reparations will come one way or another, the Dindu free stuff crowd will take what they want.

Bullshit & nice defeatist attitude. My advice - get out of Boston.

It’s not defeatist, it’s reality, stealing under 1250.00 is a misdemeanor not prosecuted in Boston. Not going to change, if we confront the thieves, you’re racist, racist, some sort of phobic and a Nazi. Just the reality of it.

Posts: 2778 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
quote:
Reparations will come one way or another, the Dindu free stuff crowd will take what they want.

Bullshit & nice defeatist attitude. My advice - get out of Boston.

It’s not defeatist, it’s reality, stealing under 1250.00 is a misdemeanor not prosecuted in Boston. Not going to change, if we confront the thieves, you’re racist, racist, some sort of phobic and a Nazi. Just the reality of it.

LOL Massachusetts is the butt-hole of New England.

Think about that.

That's like a butt-hole's butt-hole.

Posts: 5144 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That turns lovely colors in the fall?

Seriously, though, how long are the good people of Boston going to put up with that? If a bunch of lazy hippy-assed hicks like the good people of Austin can fight back when City Hall pulls that kind of crap, what's stopping Bostonians?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
DA Larry Krasner Says Tourists Shouldn’t Fear Coming To Philadelphia For Holidays: ‘We Don’t Have A Crisis Of Crime’
https://philadelphia.cbslocal....iday-crime-violence/

"...what kind of messed up world of white wokeness Krasner is living in to have so little regard for human lives lost ..." Former Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter

https://philadelphia.cbslocal....-krasner-jim-kenney/

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

I believe the term you're looking for is 'MASShole'... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

I believe the term you're looking for is 'MASShole'... Wink

... the m is silent.

Posts: 2542 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

Seriously, though, how long are the good people of Boston going to put up with that? If a bunch of lazy hippy-assed hicks like the good people of Austin can fight back when City Hall pulls that kind of crap, what's stopping Bostonians?

The city of Boston is a liberal cesspool. The voters in Boston are happy with the shit they vote for. It’s not the same everywhere here. But the libtards outnumber the patriots for sure. MYbe they will wake up when Antifa and BLM occupy their brownstones.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12439 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:

The city of Boston is a liberal cesspool. The voters in Boston are happy with the shit they vote for. It’s not the same everywhere here. But the libtards outnumber the patriots for sure. MYbe they will wake up when Antifa and BLM occupy their brownstones.

The DA in Boston even ran on the list of crimes she wasn't going to prosecute, so they got what they voted for. Once it is full on Mad Max, they might voted differently but I doubt it, St. Louis City voters didn't when they re-elected Gardner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://hotair.com/karen-towns...-your-safety-n434634

LAPD union head warns tourists to stay away from the city: "We can't guarantee your safety"

The head of the Los Angeles Police Department’s union has a message for tourists planning a trip to the city this holiday season – don’t do it. Don’t go to Los Angeles. That’s quite a message coming from the second-largest city in the United States. The rising crime rate running rampant across the country is hitting Los Angeles especially hard.

Jamie McBride, head of the union representing LAPD officers, said he can’t guarantee personal safety

“We can’t guarantee your safety. It is really, really out of control. I said it to people before, it’s like that movie ‘Purge,’ you know, instead of 24 hours to commit your crime, these people have 365 days to commit whatever they want,” McBride said.

McBride is referencing the 2013 horror film where all crime, including murder, is decriminalized one day of the year.

The police chief takes an opposite view of the situation in Los Angeles. LAPD Chief Michel Moore brushes McBride’s concerns aside.

“It’s not out of control. It’s not a spiral that we’ve lost control over,” Moore told reporters.

The National Retail Federation reported 69% of retailers saw a spike in organized retail crime in 2021 across the country. The Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) sent a letter to Congress yesterday supported by 20 leading retail chief executives representing companies across the board, including retailers like Home Depot, Target, Best Buy, and CVS.

The letter urges Congress to pass the Integrity, Notification and Fairness in Online Retail Marketplaces (INFORM) for Consumers Act, which makes it harder for stolen merchandise to be sold online by thieves or scammers who engage in organized retail crime, such as smash-and-grab robberies. The legislation, as reported, would require platforms to verify the identifies of sellers.

RILA also noted in the letter that “criminals are capitalizing on the anonymity of the Internet and the failure of certain marketplaces to verify their sellers” which makes “businesses a target for increasing theft” and hurts “legitimate businesses who are forced to compete against unscrupulous sellers.”

The Biden administration often cites the pandemic as the reason for the escalating rise in criminal activity. That’s an easy scapegoat for them and gives them the opportunity to push vaccinations to help end the pandemic. What makes more sense is to look at the effects that ending bail requirements and the defund the police movement have had on criminals. They’ve been emboldened. It will get worse before it gets better, likely requiring a major change in elected officials, one that ushers in those who are more inclined to support law and order and the rule of law. That means big Democrat-controlled cities will have to make some big changes for their cities to become more livable.

Posts: 19578 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
The city of Boston is a liberal cesspool.

Sigh. I was raised in Boston (born in Stoughton). ...I lived in Dorchester (up near Stab and Kill {Savin Hill} ave, across the street from the home for unwed mothers...), Roxbury, and Quincy. When my great grand parents arrived in 1912 they set up in the North End (I am Italian). For Italians my family spread out lol. I credit my love of country with growing up there in the 80's and early 90's. Numerous field trips to Lexington and Concord, Bunker Hill, Plymouth Plantation, The Museum of Science. My schools fostered a love of country. I remember my teachers speaking of Ronald Reagan in the 80's. And they spoke of him in glowing terms. Besides the Pledge of Allegiance we sang My Country 'Tis of Thee every morning up through 5th grade.

Now? I was the first of my family to leave (joined the service). Most of my family members are older, but my sis and her husband are planning on escaping to Florida within a few years (she currently lives on the Cape). It's just not the place we grew up in.

It is a lost cause. There is no shame in leaving. Head out to FA, Free America. My uncle will not leave. His business and his life is there and he will stay. But he wishes he could go to FL. He says he is too old but he encourages my cousins to leave.

There is no shame is leaving. Should the British have stayed on the beaches on Dunkirk to face certain death? Absolutely not. They retreated to the mainland to re-arm, regroup, and fight again.

Abandon blue cities, abandon blue states. Make red states redder. Elect like minded people to town office. Elect sheriff's who believe in the constitution. Elect a school board who allows the students to sing My Country 'Tis of Thee before class.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
This shooting didn't get much, if any, national coverage, and damn little inside the state. During the 2020 riots there was a small but vocal BLM protest in the town of Alamosa Colorado. A driver approached the intersection where the protest was being held, waited for the protesters to move out of the way, then slowly proceeded through, but one of the protesters fired his Glock through the rear window, and the bullet hit the driver in the back of the head.

We expect the civil unrest and social rot to occur in major metro areas and urban, and even suburban, corridors...but increasingly we're seeing these incidents in rural areas. The town of Alamosa is hours away from metro areas, is a rural agriculture town, and has a population under 10 K... it's really not all that far from remote public lands I used to hunt up in the mountains.

The shooter in this incident is a defense attorney, and it looks like the DA cut him some slack in plea deal charges and sentencing maximums.

Emphasis added in bold.

=========================

James Marshall sentenced to 11 years for shooting Pruitt

Posted Dec 8, 2021

James Marshall at the June 2020 protest in Alamosa where he would later shoot Danny Pruitt.

Defense attorney and former Alamosa resident James Marshall has been sentenced to 11 years in the Department of Corrections in connection to shooting Danny Pruitt in the back of the head during a local Black Lives Matter protest in June of 2020. Pruitt, also of Alamosa, survived the shooting but sustained a serious traumatic brain injury resulting in permanent damage.

The sentencing brings to a close a case that has been controversial from Day One when a local defense attorney went to a peaceful protest armed with a 9 mm Glock, which he used to shoot Danny Pruitt through the back window of his truck in, allegedly, defense of others, including his wife.

The judicial proceedings that followed Marshall’s arrest “took on a life of its own”, says defense counsel Randy Canney, with multiple continuances as counsel attempted to find a resolution. Ultimately, in an eleventh-hour deal, a resolution was reached even as potential jurors, who had been summoned for jury duty in the case, were gathering in the hallway.

The specifics of the plea deal sparked new controversy when it was learned that all charges directly related to the shooting had been dismissed, including Second Degree Attempted Murder, Assault with a Deadly Weapon, Second Degree Assault resulting in Serious Bodily Injury and Reckless Endangerment, three of which carried a sentence enhancer that increases the maximum sentencing allowed.

In their place, Marshall was only being charged with Tampering with a Deceased Human Body, also a third-degree felony but one that does not have a sentence enhancer for being a Crime of Violence, does not reflect that a deadly weapon was used in the crime and required a “waiver of factual basis” in the charges in order to be considered by the court. Proceedings were further delayed when it was revealed that the victim, Danny Pruitt, had encountered legal difficulties with the Costilla County Sheriff’s Office and defense counsel requested the DA’s office provide them with court documents.

That was the backdrop of the case when Marshall appeared for sentencing on Tuesday.

DA Payne’s first witness was Sam Coffman, an investigator with the DA’s office, who summarized for the judge the events of the shooting based on videos he had watched from three different businesses located in view of the crime scene. In his testimony, that lasted less than a few minutes, Coffman included three details that were condemning of Marshall’s conduct. Coffman stated that Pruitt pulled up to the intersection. Marshall went to the side of the truck. Three protesters got out of the way of Pruitt’s vehicle. There were no protesters in front of the truck and Mariah Marshall is behind Pruitt’s truck when Marshall fires a shot into the back window of Pruitt’s truck. Pruitt’s truck rolls into the intersection before coming to a stop. At that point, Marshall takes off running past her and leaving her behind him. Mr. Marshall was not seen checking on the other protesters, checking on his wife or rendering aid to Mr. Pruitt. Other protesters went to render aid to Mr. Pruitt while “Mr. Marshall was the first one off the scene,” Coffman said.

Matthew Beresky, an attorney with Rocky Mountain Victim Rights Center representing Danny Pruitt in order to make sure that his victim’s rights are being observed, read a statement to the court.

Beresky described what Pruitt suffered from being shot, including a 17-day induced coma followed by having to relearn basic activities like standing, taking a shower, brushing his teeth and hair. The bullet that is still in his brain has permanently impaired his short-term memory, attention span, speech, ability to control emotions and other cognitive functions.

Beresky condemned the plea agreement, stating that it “offends the very concept of justice and does not reflect the nature of the crime or its effect,” adding that “allowing James Marshall to plead guilty to abuse of a corpse disregards the fact that Mr. Pruitt is a living human being” and stripped Pruitt of his rights.

At that point, Beresky turns his attention to DA Payne’s handling of the case, stating Payne had little to no contact while Pruitt was going through “an agonizing time” and made no attempt to learn how to understand or work with a brain-injured victim, including sending several notices to Pruitt without ascertaining if Pruitt had the ability to read, write or understand what was being said. Beresky described Pruitt as being victimized twice – first by James Marshall and then by the DA’s office that failed to treat him with consideration or respect.

On behalf of Pruitt, Beresky asked that the plea deal be vacated and either more appropriate charges be filed or the case go to trial. If that does not happen, he requested that the maximum sentence be employed

Danny Pruitt then took the stand and made a short statement, saying it has been a long road of recovery and he should not have had to stay in the area to make sure James Marshall was prosecuted. “James Marshall shot me, ran away and hid in the trunk of a car. He should be jailed today and not released.”

Those were the only witnesses called by DA Payne.

Defense counsel called five witnesses to testify – a childhood friend, three colleagues from law school and a CU law professor who allowed Marshall and his wife to live on her land for several months after the shooting.

Each witness described Marshall in the same general terms – as a good, compassionate man who loved his wife deeply, was concerned for her welfare and was devoted to representing “people who have no voice” in the criminal justice system.

Mr. Wang, a former prosecutor in Logan and Washington County, testified that Marshall had told him he intended to pay Danny Pruitt full restitution for what he has suffered. Wang then went on to make the case that, the longer Marshall is in jail and unable to be gainfully employed, the longer Pruitt will have to wait to receive that restitution.

James Marshall then made a statement to the court that lasted more than thirty minutes. It was the first time he had spoken in court other than perfunctory answers.

Marshall spoke at length about his culpability, his regret for having injured Danny Pruitt, his intention to pay restitution and his fervent wish he could “undo” what he had done. He said he wished Danny Pruitt could forgive him, but he did not expect him to.

At one point, Pruitt, who was sitting in the front row, made a comment, which prompted a request from the judge to be respectful. Pruitt also rose from his chair and left the courtroom on several occasions.

Marshall also explained his history with guns, citing “a friend of a friend” who was stabbed near to where he lived in Ohio. Although he took responsibility for what he had done, he suggested that Pruitt had initiated the situation with his “malicious grin” and pointing in his direction. He also described the ways he “had been punished”, which included not being able to practice law in the last 18 months. “At least, Mr. Pruitt will have closure after today,” he said. Marshall also indicated that a decision was made that his law license was going to be suspended for three years.

After a brief recess, Judge Gilbert Martinez stated that he had not seen the video since “the DA did not present that to the court or admit it into evidence.” That resulted in Martinez having to confirm with Payne, in court, that Marshall’s wife was standing behind the truck when Marshall shot Pruitt. Payne confirmed.

Martinez then went through in succinct but thorough detail what went into his decision, stating that Marshall being an attorney did not factor into his decision. “This is a case where a good man did a very bad thing,” Martinez said. “Is there undue risk that the defendant will commit a crime again? No. But would a minimum sentence unduly diminish the seriousness of the crime and respect for the law? Yes, it would.”

The only statement that Martinez took issue with was Marshall saying that sentencing would bring closure to Pruitt. “No, he won’t get that. He will live with this for the rest of his life.”

Martinez sentenced James Marshall to eleven years in the Department of Correction, which is one year short of the maximum sentence, plus credit for the two days Marshall has served in jail. He then instructed that Marshall be immediately taken into custody and transferred to a detention facility.

After the hearing, Randy Canney told the Courier that Marshall was disappointed in the outcome. He also said that they “definitely“ plan to file a motion to reconsider the sentence.

Because Marshall did not plead guilty to a crime of violence, the chances are good that his sentence will be reduced by fifty percent to about five and a half years with potentially less time served if there are no incidents while he is in prison.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in MQT we had BLM demonstrations, too. Because we have a college.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Thanks jsbcody! Finally got to a spot with decent connectivity so I could watch your video. One absolutely has to love Angry Cop!

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Okay, having read the article posted by MDS, I am confused. Mr. Marshall was sentenced to 11 years in custody of the DOC, but his law license was suspended for three years? Wouldn't 11 years indicate a felony? If convicted of a felony wouldn't an attorney be disbarred? Puzzled...

And yes, the plea deal is obviously a travesty. Minimizing this type of behavior just invites more of it. Frown

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
Okay, having read the article posted by MDS, I am confused. Mr. Marshall was sentenced to 11 years in custody of the DOC, but his law license was suspended for three years? Wouldn't 11 years indicate a felony? If convicted of a felony wouldn't an attorney be disbarred? Puzzled...

And yes, the plea deal is obviously a travesty. Minimizing this type of behavior just invites more of it. Frown

Really the only time an attorney is disbarred is when they are caught for stealing from clients....the key emphasis is caught, not the stealing part. Wink

posted Hide Post
Twelve U.S. cities, all led by Democrats, broke annual homicide records in 2021

https://justthenews.com/govern..._campaign=newsletter

Twelve U.S. cities broke annual homicide records in 2021 — and all were led by Democrats.

Philadelphia topped the list, surpassing 500 murders as of Nov. 26 — breaking last year's numbers with a month left to go in the year. The last time there were this many people killed in the City of Brotherly Love was in 1990.

Rounding out the top five are Indianapolis with 246 killed, Columbus with 179, Louisville with 175, and Baton Rouge with 137.

Philadelphia, with a population of roughly 1.5 million, reached 521 homicides by Dec. 6, an increase of 13% from the previous year. By comparison, New York, with roughly 8 million residents, had 443 homicides as of Dec. 5.

Others in the dirty dozen were: Albuquerque (82 murdered), Tucson (80), Portland (72), Rochester (71), Toledo (62), Austin (60), and St. Paul (35).

Despite these cities seeing the sharpest rises in murder rates, Chicago still leads the nation in total homicides for the year, with 739 by the end of November.

An analysis published by ABC News suggests there's "no clear answer" to explain the cities' record-breaking murder totals, although the report fails to mention that all of the cities it lists are run by Democrats, who were disproportionately receptive to the Black Lives Matter defund-the-police movement pushed by progressives in 2020.

Policies to defund police contributed to increased crime, argue critics, including Texas Republican Gov. Greg Abbott. While experts suggest there are a range of factors contributing to why people kill, evidence suggests that less cops on the street made these cities less safe.

In Philadelphia, for example, the City Council voted in June 2020 to slash police department funding by $33 million. "In addition to approving the budget with reductions in police spending — reversing years of annual police budget increases — Council voted to approve three significant reform bills addressing the police department in various ways," the council announced. Seventeen months later, the city reported the highest number of people murdered since 1990.

In Rochester, meanwhile, the City Council voted in June 2020 to cut police department funding by $3.6 million, or 3.7% of its budget. It also cut the incoming Rochester police class by 50%, choosing instead to spend $130,000 to hire two community city managers that cannot fight crime. Within three months of the City Council's slap in the face, the police department's entire command staff retired.

After the city of roughly 200,000 broke its 30-year-old homicide record, Police Capt. Frank Umbrino said: "We're extremely frustrated. It has to stop. I mean, it's worse than a war zone around here lately."

In Austin, crime spiked after its Democrat-controlled City Council cut its police department budget by $150 million last May. Lack of support from the mayor and City Council caused the department to lose 15 to 20 officers a month and constrained its ability to train new recruits through the closing of police academies.

Seventeen months later, the Austin Police Department announced it could no longer respond in person to non-emergency 911 calls due to staffing shortages.

Now, when drivers get into car accidents in Austin with no reported injuries, 911 won't send an officer. Instead, those in accidents must call 311 to file a non-emergency police report. The same is true for victims of burglaries. If the burglary isn't in progress or the suspect has fled the scene, victims are instructed to call 311 to file a non-emergency police report.

Save Austin Now, a bipartisan advocacy group that supported a ballot measure to restore police funding, lamented that voters succumbed to a misinformation campaign funded by outside money and unions that claimed that if the measure passed other services would be cut. The ballot measure was defeated earlier this year.

With many officers quitting and retiring and not enough new recruits to replace them, the APD projects it will have at least 235 vacancies by May 2022 and 340 by May 2023.

To respond to the crisis, the Republican-led Texas Legislature passed bills signed into law by Gov. Abbott to prevent other cities from doing what Austin did. The first law, which already went into effect, penalizes cities that defund their police departments.

Those with populations over 250,000 that seek to defund their police departments will have their property tax revenue frozen. The state could also withhold sales taxes collected by a defunding city, allocating the money instead to the Texas Department of Public Safety to offset the increased costs incurred by the state to protect vulnerable residents of a defunded municipality.

Another new law restricts counties from defunding police departments. Those with a population of more than one million would require voter approval to reduce law enforcement budgets. If voter approval is not received but the county still defunds police, the county's property tax revenue would be frozen by the state under the new law.

"In Texas we do not turn our backs on our law enforcement officers," declared Abbott. "Texas is a law-and-order state, and we are going to ensure that we keep it that way. Defunding the police is reckless. It endangers the lives of people in communities across the entire state. We cannot and we will not allow cities like Austin to defund the police."

Posts: 12685 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"An analysis published by ABC News suggests there's "no clear answer" to explain the cities' record-breaking murder totals, although the report fails to mention that all of the cities it lists are run by Democrats, who were disproportionately receptive to the Black Lives Matter defund-the-police movement pushed by progressives in 2020."...

"No clear answer"? There's multiple crystal clear answers in each one of those Cities, but what is true journalism is dead, now just totin' water for the democratic machine...

Not only are they democratic run, pro- blm, some of the mayors encouraged the violence!

"Let's give them space to destroy..."
"They're peaceful protests, but if the police mistreated you, call this number, and we set up a special website just to report police misconduct!"

I don't want to get into Portland or Seattle. How anyone is left on their Police Departments is beyond me.

Keep blaming the police for the ills of society, keep vilifying them, keep beating them, keep punishing them for any little mistake and slowly they'll stop doing their job.... Well, at least anything "pro-active".

Hey, the people that live on the corner know that those 4 just standing there are selling dope, and I know through my 27 years of experience that those 4 are selling dope. Hell, years ago when we did pro-active stuff, I arrested all 4 of them for selling dope on that very corner.
Today- "Sorry Ma'am, I'm not violating their 1st amendment right to peaceful assembly, I get in trouble for that stuff. Have a good day."

I can't speaking for those other cities, but mayor lightweight is claiming she's not defunding the police, however...
Like the rest of those cities, the job has gotten so bad and mismanaged, no one wants it anymore.
Now you can stand at the podium and spout "I'm not defunding the police, no one wants the job anymore!"

Kinda "defacto" defunding if you ask me.

The ripple effect down the road-
They're lowering the bar as far as hiring standards for many departments now.

"It's just a few theft arrests... No convictions!"
"It's just a few domestic arrests... No convictions!"
And they let them on the job.

Well, let's not act all shocked and aghast a few years from now when Officer Smuckatelli is stealing from the dope dealers, and Officer Joe Shittheragman pistol whips his girl until dead...

Cops, by nature are a cynical and jaded group. Not really "trusting" either. It takes time to build that trust up. That being said, how long do you think it's going to take to "turn the ship around" with those departments? How many regime changes until street cops actually "trust" politicians or their bosses? Enough to do any "real" police work?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post