SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
Just slamming the cell door on more people doesn't seem to be working out so hot.

Maybe you should talk one-on-one with some crime victims to see how they feel.

Honestly, better jail conditions aren't a high priority for me. I see being jailed as voluntary (don't drive drunk, etc.), and jails/prisons aren't supposed to be like health clubs.

that said, you are welcome to try to change my mind. But it's going to be a tough road because for most everyone in jail, there is a crime victim someplace.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Shit, the problem as far as I see it is that there aren't enough criminals in prison. The evidence of that is all around us.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it’s really “bad” in Portland, OR with their homicides, with low/mid-60s, with a population of 650K. They’re complaining too much.

Louisville, KY (Jefferson County) has a population of 630+K. So far this year, as of today-Nov 27, Metro PD stats have us at 185 homicides, averaging about 1 every 2 days, and the year ain’t over yet. Last year was 173. Year before that was 160+. And we are 200+ short on police manning, and the Corrections Dept (Jail) is also understaffed.

DemoCrap cesspools; all.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^^ One, I'm blown away that they would drive an hour and a half to two hours just to loot another RealReal store.

Two, Palo Alto is down in the heart of Silicon Valley. Funny how San Francisco, where a lot of silicon workers live, will put up with that crap, but the Peninsula, where the silicon barons live, won't.

Three, they're getting careless. Stealing $15,000 worth of goods is way beyond a misdemeanor, even in present-day California.

Has there been any information that people/vehicles ID'd were at both Larkspur and Palo Alto locations or, is just speculation to fill print-space/air time?

I don't think this rash of mob-robberies is anything other than social media-fueled frenzy that's apart of 'hood/ghetto culture...instead of flash-mob dance routines, its now flash-mob burglaries at places people wound't have imagined years ago. The last 2-years, has shown a media soft-peddling if not outright acceptance of 'street culture': emotion-based rationalization, racial politicking, and predatory behavior which has spilled beyond the boundaries of the 'hood. Combine that with excuse making politicians and had-Left DA's who have excused nearly all criminal behavior, it's an acceptance of the bottom.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's organized crime. Those people can't use $15,000 worth of that crap. It's stolen en mass and sold by organized gangs. We've seen the warehouses full of the ill-gotten gains.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Has there been any information that people/vehicles ID'd were at both Larkspur and Palo Alto locations or, is just speculation to fill print-space/air time?
From the article linked back a page:

Police in Palo Alto announced Wednesday that two women had been arrested in connection with a Sunday night attempt to steal items from the RealReal clothing boutique downtown.

Police said 30 to 40 people arrived in some 20 cars and tried to break down the glass front door but it held. A security guard reported the effort and the crowd fled as police arrived.

The women were stopped in a car where police said they found at least $15,000 in clothes from a second RealReal location that was burglarized in Larkspur earlier that night.

The Palo Alto police [south of SanFran] stopped the car the same night there was a robbery within the same chain in Larkspur [north of SanFran]. Stolen goods from Larkspur were in the car stopped in Palo Alto. If it walks like a duck . . .

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Excellent article in today's WSJ.com [$4/month/year on special, replaced my WP.com, well worth it]. Reflections on George Floyd, Kyle Rittenhouse, Darrell Brooks; great writing, great editing.

I've hosted a pic of the article for personal non-commercial use only. A choice excerpt:

Waukesha Killings Make the Media Colorblind Again
The contrast with the Kyle Rittenhouse case illustrates the double standard.
By Jason L. Riley • Nov. 30, 2021 6:21 pm ET

https://www.wsj.com/articles/w...e-agenda-11638310613 (firewall likely)
... ... ...

The same press outlets that portrayed Mr. Rittenhouse as a white supremacist have had remarkably little to say about the racial identity of Darrell Brooks, the black suspect in Wisconsin who is accused of plowing his car through an annual Christmas parade last month and killing six people, including an 8-year-old boy, all of whom were white. Given the suspect’s history of posting messages on social media that called for violence against white people and praised Hitler for killing Jews, you’d think that his race and the race of his victims would be relevant to reporters. Race is all anyone would be talking about if a white man had slammed his vehicle into a parade full of black people. Yet suddenly the left has gone colorblind.

... ... ...

Image linked to hosted image; drag to desktop to view full size.

https://avatarhost.files.wordp...by-jason-l-riley.jpg

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Give Leftist Thugs All the Due Process They Can Handle

Kurt Schlichter 

https://townhall.com/columnist...-can-handle-n2599709

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was just something on the local news a few days ago about passing laws to make it harder to sell stolen goods on the Internet....

Laughable!

Nothing mentioned about how Kimm Fox's office raised the threshold for the felony theft charges, and even if caught under her new guidelines, it's almost impossible to get charges approved through her office.

And the bad-guys know this.

Even better, use juveniles to do the crime here in Cook Co. They'll be out before the paperwork is done.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
Just slamming the cell door on more people doesn't seem to be working out so hot.

Maybe you should talk one-on-one with some crime victims to see how they feel.

Honestly, better jail conditions aren't a high priority for me. I see being jailed as voluntary (don't drive drunk, etc.), and jails/prisons aren't supposed to be like health clubs.

that said, you are welcome to try to change my mind. But it's going to be a tough road because for most everyone in jail, there is a crime victim someplace.

I guess I read kidcop’s post differently. I’d agree that just slamming the cell door on more people isn’t working. I’m not suggesting that we shouldn’t keep slamming those doors, and maybe even slamming them more, but that that alone is not enough.

If you look at folks who end up in thug life, very few of them thought that they had any other realistic choices. The majority came from single family homes partially caused by our government’s policies.

I don’t have the solution(s), and I am fully confident that our government could screw up a wet dream. However, it would seem to me that at least attempting to come up with policies that would encourage stable families and help folks see opportunities to get ahead doing honest work while continuing to slam the cell doors on those who choose the thug life might be more successful than what we are doing now.

Just a thought…

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Don't look for that to happen where Leftists are in charge. They benefit from all the crime, and want more of it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
it would seem to me that at least attempting to come up with policies that would encourage stable families and help folks see opportunities to get ahead doing honest work while continuing to slam the cell doors on those who choose the thug life might be more successful than what we are doing now.

Just a thought…

The first step would be to start cutting government handouts. The war on poverty was a failure but eliminating poverty wasn't even the goal. The goal was to make the black family without a male head of household, the black family was quite traditional pre-LBJ. His idea was to take the husband/father out of the house and destabilize the black family in order to cause them to be dependent on the government to keep "those blacks (he didn't use word blacks) voting democrat for the next 200 years..."

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Don't look for that to happen where Leftists are in charge. They benefit from all the crime, and want more of it.

flashguy

Nope, they love the mayhem. I bet that fucker who owns amazon loved the riots and COVID: his brick and mortar competition was looted and destroyed and people locked down went shopping online.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Really nothing to add.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
^ At 3:46 he mentions the increasingly heinous crimes committed by juveniles. The juvenile justice system in this country was designed for the kid who stole hubcaps off of cars or a loaf of bread from the grocery store because his siblings were hungry, not this level of viciousness. As Massad Ayoob has said, "The younger serpent has the stronger venom."

Here recently, somebody shoplifted from a Walmart and was not only arrested, but charged with burglary. (Burglary need not involve breaking in, just entering with intent to steal.) A few weeks ago I personally witnessed an actual JCPD officer come to take a report of a stolen cell phone. You won't see that in Memphis, probably not in any big city, for that matter.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
The people pulling the strings and throwing money at disrupting law and order want one thing. An armed response by law abiding citizens fed up with criminal activity. Then they'll have the green light they've been hoping for to attack our right to bear arms.

Look what they did to Kyle Rittenhouse. 4 separate felons tried to seriously injure or kill him, and every step of the way he was vilified as a murderer, a killer, a white supremacist with a scary black gun. And that was a crystal clear case of lawful self defense on camera from multiple angles. As determined by a jury of his peers. They openly praised the felons as victims and hero's. Any street thug that gets gunned down with an armload of Louis Vitton will be celebrated as a martyr, and the shooter called a racist white supremacist killer.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any street thug that gets gunned down with an armload of Louis Vitton will be celebrated as a martyr, and the shooter called a racist white
supremacist killer.

Let 'em try. The yoyos will certainly pitch that line of BS, but I seriously don't think anyone's buying it anymore. Even municipalities who couldn't wait to defund their police are re-funding them with both hands.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
A majority of the Company's that are being robbed are large corporations. Most chose years ago not to address crime taking place in there stores.
Don't get involved were the instructions to store employees and there own security.I used to deliver and pick-up large amounts of jewellery from the largest jewelry stores on Michigan ave. Most did not allow there armed security guards to actually load there weapons even though they said they did load them despite Company policy. They would guard me on the way out to the Armored truck, I appreciated the effort even though I always questioned the effectiveness of the help.
The public is NOT reasonable for guarding businesses. Businesses need to adopt aggressive measures to protect there business, employees, and customers.
Most large businesses have been supporting the BLM/ANTIFA/WOKE movement.
I now chuckle when watching the news, when I see all the white, WOKE citizens complaining about the crime in there neighborhoods. These are the same people that were and are supporting all the movements that now pray on them. The worse part is they can't seem to actually call out who is attacking them because they have politically boxed themselves into a corner.

I spent almost 30 years picking up huge amounts of money in the worse parts of Chicago. The main observation I made was that the population in those neighborhoods were getting worse and worse, year after year.
I worked afternoon and nights.I would drive home usually around 1am through the "Wild West" side of Chicago. Little kids running around all night were the norm. They reminded me of Feral animals, I always wondered when they would figure out that they did not have to stay in the hood anymore to commit crime.That time has arrived.
I don't feel sorry for there victims or any of them. They all helped in creating the mess we have now.
Let them all sit in it till they have to scream that its there fault things have gotten so out of control, otherwise the problem will never get better.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they businesses wanted to stop this, they would/could.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
More on current crime:

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
If they businesses wanted to stop this, they would/could.

It's probably worth 15-20k for larger companies to not do anything. Between legal fees and cancel culture they'd risk losing a lot more if armed security shot some. These cities could stop this if they wanted to.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post