SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
How are they supposed to pay to keep their patrons safe from street thugs?

Stand outside and wham them in the face with a shovel.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
How are they supposed to pay to keep their patrons safe from street thugs?

Business owners are rich! No problem hiring licensed security staff at all.

Outside of businesses that are at high risk for hold up, how many can you name that have real security on staff? Since I'm aware that most businesses do not have security, and those that do are sometimes dubious at best, I've pretty much settled with the fact that I'm my own security when out in public.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
MoveOn, left-wing groups gear up for 'mass public unrest' after Election Day

Groups reportedly planning large-scale civil disobedience if Trump, supporters contest election results

An association of left-wing organizations is currently planning out strategies for what they believe would be a political dogfight should Joe Biden win November's election by a small margin.
The group, comprised of more than 50 groups, including MoveOn, Color of Change and the American Federation of Teachers, calls itself the Fight Back Table and recently launched their Democracy Defense Nerve Center.

According to the Daily Beast, members of the group held a Zoom call last week in which they discussed how they can plan for Election Day and then coordinate large-scale civil disobedience and what one participant called "mass public unrest" if – as they predict – President Trump and his supporters contest November's election results.
"It is very obvious that Trump is laying the groundwork for claiming victory no matter what,” said MoveOn executive director Rahna Epting, who participated in the call.

One person familiar with the discussions told the Beast that they are worried about right-wing extremists taking action on Election Day, going so far as to warn that armed groups or individuals inspired by Kyle Rittenhouse could show up to intimidate voters.

"I don't know what the strategy is when armed right-wing militia dudes show up in polling places," the individual told the Beast. "This [Kyle] Rittenhouse guy is being lionized on the right, right now. If it is being unleashed that you can shoot people and be a hero, I don't know what preparation we can possibly do for that."

One of the key goals of the discussion was reportedly to figure out how they can "occupy s--t, hold space and shut things down, not just on Election Day but for weeks," the same person said.

Georgetown University law professor Rosa Brooks, who co-founded the Transition Integrity Project, said she thinks this sort of strategizing should have started much sooner
"I wish we were having these conversations six months ago," Brooks told the Beast. Her project included running simulations of possible election scenarios and their respective aftermaths. In one such simulation, the Beast reported, Biden's camp "encouraged Western states, particularly California but also Oregon and Washington, and collectively known as 'Cascadia,' to secede from the Union'" unless Trump and Republicans agreed to various demands.

Those demands include granting statehood to Puerto Rico and Washington, D.C., eliminating the Electoral College, and breaking California into five states in order to increase their number of senators.

During their Zoom call, the Fight Back Table reportedly discussed the Transition Integrity Project's report, which claims that despite the above secession situation, Trump's team would be "consistently more ruthless than Team Biden." The report said that in some simulations, the project examined what would happen if the president classifies documents or freezes opponents' assets for political purposes, uses operatives to stoke violence, or even uses the military to "confiscate 'fraudulent' ballots."
Trump, meanwhile, has been claiming that it is the Democrats who plan on using nefarious means to gain control of the White House. He has long claimed that the election would be "rigged" because of large-scale mail-in voting, particularly as some states are sending ballots to everyone on their voter rolls, whether they are still eligible to vote or not.

Other states are permitting absentee ballots, which President Trump has supported because it requires individuals to submit applications first.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-election-day-unrest

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 387 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've been saying it for months- stay home on November 4th.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The communists are in too deep not have their revolution plans set. We have ours.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yep. You have been saying it for months.

quote:

Groups reportedly planning large-scale civil disobedience if Trump, supporters contest election results

A narrow win by Trump will be contested for months in key states where mail-in-voting is allowed.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Left coast secedes from US...who wouldn't be 100% in favor or that!! Except for our brethren currently living there of course!!!

Never happen obviously, but one can dream...

As the punch line to the joke Rocco tells in "Boondocks Saints" goes... "I get one more wish....I'll have a coke"

quote:
Originally posted by AzMikeCFD102:

Georgetown University law professor Rosa Brooks, who co-founded the Transition Integrity Project, said she thinks this sort of strategizing should have started much sooner
"I wish we were having these conversations six months ago," Brooks told the Beast. Her project included running simulations of possible election scenarios and their respective aftermaths. In one such simulation, the Beast reported, Biden's camp "encouraged Western states, particularly California but also Oregon and Washington, and collectively known as 'Cascadia,' to secede from the Union'" unless Trump and Republicans agreed to various demands.

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...-election-day-unrest

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...my-heroes-kill-cops/

Twenty-two individuals were arrested as a result of the Black Lives Matter demonstrations in Seattle on Labor Day, which saw protesters hurling Molotov cocktails at police officers.

Hundreds of activists marched to the Seattle Police Officer’s Guild (SPOG) building on Monday in a demonstration that descended into chaos, hallmarked by attempted arson, vandalism, and a sign reading “All My Heroes Kill Cops”

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It’s important to not underestimate what these criminals are capable of and to assume it will always be possible to end the threat they represent by the mere display, or even use of defensive force.

There have been countless examples throughout history of groups’ taking on better-armed and -trained forces in some sort of uprising or revolution, and many have succeeded. With the right kind of indoctrination and leadership, such movements have continued for years, including our own War of Independence. It is obviously true that many men break and run the first time they are faced with serious deadly force, but many return to take up the fight later.

Although they may have been fools for doing it, an illustration of what some people are capable of was when men chased someone who was armed with a carbine and had already shot one of their number. Yes, they finally decided that chasing someone like that wasn’t a good idea, but some of them might have decided that going after him wasn’t wrong or stupid, it was just the way they did it that needed to change.

In fact, seeing members of one’s group and movement being shot down often hardens the resolve of other members. I was generally underwhelmed by Grossman’s On Combat and On Killing, but he made some valid points about how people react to deadly conflicts. It’s always a mistake to assume that a “whiff of grape” will discourage everyone who wants to hurt us.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
In fact, seeing members of one’s group and movement being shot down often hardens the resolve of other members. ... It’s always a mistake to assume that a “whiff of grape” will discourage everyone who wants to hurt us.

Right you are.
Which illustrates that these "revolutionaries" come in at least two varieties.
1. The poseurs which will scatter and return home when the shooting starts.
2. The committed, hard-core real Marxist/ Bolshevik "revolutionaries" which are not going away.
They will have to be defeated by force sooner or later.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of leavemebe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Which illustrates that these "revolutionaries" come in at least two varieties.
1. The poseurs which will scatter and return home when the shooting starts.
2. The committed, hard-core real Marxist/ Bolshevik "revolutionaries" which are not going away.
They will have to be defeated by force sooner or later.

Agreed. The die is cast.

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled." Unknown observer of human behavior.

Posts: 670 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Assuming that they actually know how to use them, that is an unsecured Baofeng radio.

If that is their comms, anyone with another could easily scan and listen in.

If you live in one of these cities, it might be worth $20 to buy one of these radios, and another $20 for a high quality antenna.

There are improved English language manuals available for them on the web.

And yes, that appears to be a real rifle and a real magpul pmag in that thing's chest rig.

The gun? Shiny and new. Probably never fired.

Radio? Who says that they don't have the local police freq's. Key the mike up and you're messing up communication, or just listen in and see what the police are doing.
Trust me, they are prepared, and know what they are doing.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

“Students engage these texts by participating in a variety of writing exercises, such as producing a Manifesto, drafting a white paper that critically analyzes a particular issue, and writing a persuasive essay on rewriting history and confronting memory,”

OK our domestic identity is being destroyed -- statues toppled, our founders canceled, history rewritten and yes, memory confronted -- that gets our immediate attention.

Lost in this is the world-wide history of leftism's carnage, what, 100,000,000+ dead the last century? And that's the point, misdirection at its most cynical and destructive. These punks need to own THEIR history.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RAMIUS:

Assuming that they actually know how to use them, that is an unsecured Baofeng radio.

If that is their comms, anyone with another could easily scan and listen in.

If you live in one of these cities, it might be worth $20 to buy one of these radios, and another $20 for a high quality antenna.

There are improved English language manuals available for them on the web.

And yes, that appears to be a real rifle and a real magpul pmag in that thing's chest rig.

The gun? Shiny and new. Probably never fired.

Radio? Who says that they don't have the local police freq's. Key the mike up and you're messing up communication, or just listen in and see what the police are doing.
Trust me, they are prepared, and know what they are doing.

Any PD worth it's salt will have encrypted communications.

The particular model of radio that she is carrying isn't capable of encryption. They are either illegally using the HAM bands (which of course they don't care about the law), or they are using FRS or GMRS freqs.

I wonder how sophisticated their comms actually are. Based on what I am seeing here, not very.

Posts: 14114 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

“Students engage these texts by participating in a variety of writing exercises, such as producing a Manifesto, drafting a white paper that critically analyzes a particular issue, and writing a persuasive essay on rewriting history and confronting memory,”

OK our domestic identity is being destroyed -- statues toppled, our founders canceled, history rewritten and yes, memory confronted -- that gets our immediate attention.

Lost in this is the world-wide history of leftism's carnage, what, 100,000,000+ dead the last century? And that's the point, misdirection at its most cynical and destructive. These punks need to own THEIR history.

One week into my son's first year of high school, I'm finding out there seem to be no textbooks. He told me they were online, but we haven't been able to find them. I emailed the principal this morning, but have yet to hear back.

Imagine a future where written books disappear with the flick of a switch.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jrhillma:
There is an interesting interview with Massad Ayoob on the topic of dealing with mobs:

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/defense-against-mobs

From that interview:

[snippet basically saying shooting any member of a rioting mob is fine because the mob is a unit and each member is as guilty as the rest.]

That’s all great, but you *HAVE* to to read the whole article because Mas goes on to say that what we are dealing with now is *NOT* mobs unified in purpose, but a sea of protestors with some predators swimming in that sea. He argues that target identification is vital in this environment lest one kill a protestor and be justifiable charged.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
A narrow win by Trump will be contested for months in key states where mail-in-voting is allowed.

Yes, while they "find" enough mail-in ballots, which happen to all be democrat, to swing the election to Biden.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Stow that shit. I don't want to see that kind of defeatist crap on the pages of this forum. Did I not make that clear before?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by jrhillma:
There is an interesting interview with Massad Ayoob on the topic of dealing with mobs:

https://armedcitizensnetwork.org/defense-against-mobs

From that interview:

[snippet basically saying shooting any member of a rioting mob is fine because the mob is a unit and each member is as guilty as the rest.]

That’s all great, but you *HAVE* to to read the whole article because Mas goes on to say that what we are dealing with now is *NOT* mobs unified in purpose, but a sea of protestors with some predators swimming in that sea. He argues that target identification is vital in this environment lest one kill a protestor and be justifiable charged.

This is hugely important. Walking in the group with a person who is carrying a lit Molotov is not a green light to shoot anyone in the group. That goes without saying and yet, Mas is concerned enough to make the reminder a point.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Yes, you did and I apologize. I should have said that I don't really expect Trump to win narrowly. I am expecting a large win, 7-8% margin in the popular vote. I do expect, and hope, this will be a "statement" election for the good guys.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post