SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Groups reportedly planning large-scale civil disobedience if Trump, supporters contest election results

Why would we contest a Trump landslide?? Roll Eyes

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Yes, you did and I apologize. I should have said that I don't really expect Trump to win narrowly. I am expecting a large win, 7-8% margin in the popular vote. I do expect, and hope, this will be a "statement" election for the good guys.

Like others here, I believe the election will be a landslide of YUGE proportions, and that it will make the butthurt we saw in 2016 pale in comparison. Even with the expected fraudulent ballots. If that is indeed the outcome, I fully expect the dipshits to accuse the Republicans of voter fraud. Irony upon irony.
I also expect that, even with the anticipated 'unrest' in the aftermath, the margin of victory will be large enough to cause the general membership here to become giddy for a full day.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Walking in the group with a person who is carrying a lit Molotov is not a green light to shoot anyone in the group. That goes without saying and yet, Mas is concerned enough to make the reminder a point.

Someone should sniper the Molotovs with a pellet gun or whatever while they're being held.

Make it a group project, let everyone of them enjoy the fun.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, you did and I apologize. I should have said that I don't really expect Trump to win narrowly. I am expecting a large win, 7-8% margin in the popular vote. I do expect, and hope, this will be a "statement" election for the good guys.

I'm hoping that it will be a Mondale-esque humiliation. I want to watch TYT gnash their teeth and vow revenge on the Dems again. I want to see crying and fist waving at the sky. I want to see ANTIFA/BLM be rejected for their destruction. But I'll settle for whichever win Trump gets.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
GA alone is investigating 1,000 cases of double voting. Gotta wonder how many states will just ignore the same...

https://www.gpb.org/news/2020/...g-in-georgia-primary

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
That’s all great, but you *HAVE* to to read the whole article because Mas goes on to say that what we are dealing with now is *NOT* mobs unified in purpose, but a sea of protestors with some predators swimming in that sea. He argues that target identification is vital in this environment lest one kill a protestor and be justifiable charged.

I only quoted that one paragraph to respond to the specific question posed about mobs and culpability. You are absolutely right about the importance of reading the entire article.

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
This is hugely important. Walking in the group with a person who is carrying a lit Molotov is not a green light to shoot anyone in the group.
And....you just lost. Contrary to what the bed wetting politicos and their military generals spout, collateral damage has been a part of every confrontation in history. And when the damage overall is extreme enough, one side opts to concede. So which side should that be? My vote is for them.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

And what happens with these morons if Trump does win big? They didn't seem to mention what their plans are if that happens. If I have to guess, the same as if Biden were to eek out a win and we contest it. The reality...violence is likely to be rampant no matter what comes out of this election.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
OK our domestic identity is being destroyed -- statues toppled, our founders canceled, history rewritten and yes, memory confronted -- that gets our immediate attention.

Lost in this is the world-wide history of leftism's carnage, what, 100,000,000+ dead the last century? And that's the point, misdirection at its most cynical and destructive. These punks need to own THEIR history.

Marxism is the ideology but, Maoism is the tool that is being used, in this case, it's called getting rid of the Four Olds:
Old Customs
Old Culture
Old Habits
Old Ideas

History doesn't matter as adherents see it as illegitimate, thus its destruction and all of its institutions are seen as acceptable and encouraged.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rochester Police Chief Suddenly Resigns Over "Attempt To Destroy My Character" - Entire Command Staff Joins

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...destroy-my-character

In a Tuesday statement, Chief Singletary said in part: "As a man of integrity, I will not sit idly by while outside entities attempt to destroy my character," adding "The events over the past week are an attempt to destroy my character and integrity."

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the Molotov possessing and throwing choads are dealt with, at least this way:

quote:
As incendiary devices, Molotov cocktails are illegal to manufacture or possess in many regions. In the United States, Molotov cocktails are considered "destructive devices" under the National Firearms Act and regulated by the ATF.[42]

Wil Casey Floyd, formerly from Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, was arrested after throwing Molotov cocktails at Seattle Police Officers during a protest in May 2016; he pleaded guilty for using the incendiary devices in February 2018.[43]

At Simpson County, Kentucky, 20-year-old Trey Alexander Gwathney-Law attempted to burn Franklin-Simpson County Middle School with five Molotov cocktails; he was found guilty of making and possessing illegal firearms and was sentenced to 20 years in prison in 2018.[44]

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Rochester Police Chief Suddenly Resigns Over "Attempt To Destroy My Character" - Entire Command Staff Joins

Don't blame them one damn bit.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaBoy:

The gun? Shiny and new. Probably never fired.

Radio? Who says that they don't have the local police freq's. Key the mike up and you're messing up communication, or just listen in and see what the police are doing.
Trust me, they are prepared, and know what they are doing.

Any PD worth it's salt will have encrypted communications.

The particular model of radio that she is carrying isn't capable of encryption. They are either illegally using the HAM bands (which of course they don't care about the law), or they are using FRS or GMRS freqs.

I wonder how sophisticated their comms actually are. Based on what I am seeing here, not very.[/QUOTE]

You’d be surprised on how many departments DONT have encrypted coms! Cheaper to get 1000 non-encrypted radios than encrypted ones. And at the time, “who needs this?” is often the question when it comes to budgets.

I’ve posted about this earlier in this thread.
This shit ain’t hard to figure out. $50 on the internet, and you have a 2 way programable radio.
30 seconds of work on the internet, and the police freqs are easily found. Program the radio, and any simpleton can now listen in or transmit on those freqs. It’s been happening here for a long time now.
Yeah, we have a few encrypted channels, but regular patrol, and most of our special units don’t have them.
All someone needs to do is key up the mike, and just keep it down... rather infuriating when you’re on the scene of a police officer shot and dead, and NWA’s “fuck the police” is coming over the police radio. That happened when Comander Paul Bauer was killed downtown a few years ago. It happened again here during the riots starting in may.

Look on YouTube, search “riot control tactics”... Then ask yourself why there’s over a million hits? I didn’t think that “riot control” was that popular.
Guess who’s doing homework?

Like I said, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE these antifa / blm / blacblock shitstains!
It’s only a matter of time until one of them starts making improvised explosives from their fireworks or other stuff.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
why do the riots last and last ?

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...leased-without-bail/

Portland police arrested dozens of rioters in the city over last weekend’s protests, which were dominated by Antifa activity and continued violence against police officers.

Over 50 people were arrested as a result of Saturday’s protests in the Democrat-run city. Demonstrators tossed firebombs, rocks, and commercial grade fireworks at police. Fifteen more were arrested in the protests taking place the following night, as rioters set fires and blocked roads.

Journalist Andy Ngo posted several mugshots of the most recent arrestees

many of whom were quickly released without bail.

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Good to see they hire someone "qualified"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bla...breonna-taylor-death

Let's see....she's Black......and the 1st Black woman in this position....and she's Black.

Any questions?

Black woman to lead Louisville police in wake of Breonna Taylor killing
By Vandana Rambaran

Published September 08, 2020

Fox News

A [I]Black woman[I] will serve as the interim chief of the Louisville Metro Police Department – becoming the first to hold the position – as protests rock the city following the death of Breonna Taylor during a raid.

NEW DETAILS EMERGE FROM NIGHT BREONNA TAYLOR WAS SHOT AFTER REVIEW OF OVER 1,200 CRIME SCENE PHOTOS

Yvette Gentry was appointed to the post by Mayor Greg Fischer on Monday. She succeeds Interim Chief Robert Schroeder, who is retiring after less than three months in the position.

Longtime Chief Steve Conrad was fired earlier this year after the mayor revealed officers didn't have body cameras turned on during a fatal police shooting of the owner of a popular West End eatery.

The department has faced intense scrutiny after officers carrying out a no-knock search warrant during a narcotics investigation fired over 20 rounds into Taylor's home. She was struck eight times and killed.

Her death is under investigation by the FBI and Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron. Authorities have said the officers fired back after Taylor's boyfriend started shooting at them.

Gentry, who addressed a crowd of protesters after Monday's announcement, said she hoped to mend relationships between police and the Black community.

“I’m not here just to help you unboard your beautiful buildings downtown,” she said. “I’m here to work with you to unboard the community that I served with all my heart in west Louisville, that was boarded for 20 or 30 years.”

She said the past four months have been tough on police officers as well as on protesters, adding that it’s tough “seeing things just feel so hopeless.”

“I will just say: That is just a glimpse of how a lot of people have been feeling for a long time, and we can’t go back,” Gentry said. “I think our city is at a point of reckoning that only truth can bring us out of. Only truth can break us out; only truth can take away darkness.”

Gentry told The Courier-Journal in an interview that she doesn’t want to be the permanent police chief – and didn’t apply for the position.

“When you live in Louisville, and you raise your kids here, like I do, and your family’s here, I want that chief to be successful,” said Gentry, a Louisville native. “So, even though I wasn’t interested in the full-time job, I realized that somebody has to stand in the gap.”

Fischer is expected to name a new leader by the end of 2020.

In an interview, Gentry acknowledged that improving community relations, reducing crime and boosting officer morale simultaneously won’t be an easy task, but said she's in as “good a position as anyone could be.”

[I]“Being a Black woman[I], and a veteran and a former police officer, when you’ve worn all the hats of people who are out here, wanting to be heard, and you’ve worked in a place where you’ve tried to be heard and didn’t necessarily feel like you were, I just feel like I have that type of experience that I can bring in there,” Gentry said. “People are just so far apart. And maybe, I can be in the middle and I can bridge it."

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Walking in the group with a person who is carrying a lit Molotov is not a green light to shoot anyone in the group. That goes without saying and yet, Mas is concerned enough to make the reminder a point.

Someone should sniper the Molotovs with a pellet gun or whatever while they're being held.

Make it a group project, let everyone of them enjoy the fun.

This would be my approach *if* it came to my neighborhood (25mi outside DC). Ruins their night and I've shot zero people.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20814 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

The Texan SS would work very well!

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The Portland Police Bureau spent $6.9 million on overtime in June and July alone, representing a “200% increase in overtime spending compared to that same time period last year when police spent $2.3 million,” KATU News found.

While Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden (D) denies that he supports defunding the police, he seeks to “re-direct” police funding, which essentially has the same effect. Additionally, his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), has encouraged voters to donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund (MFF), which openly supports defunding the police

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ertime-due-to-riots/

Posts: 19563 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
GA alone is investigating 1,000 cases of double voting. Gotta wonder how many states will just ignore the same...

https://www.gpb.org/news/2020/...g-in-georgia-primary

Hopefully all the red, mostly all the blue (yeah right, I know), and all the swing states get this crap tightly under hand.

I'll tell you what would put a huge smile on my face. The fraud being so rampant, obvious, and accepted in deep blue states like California, New York, Connecticut, etc. that Biden wins the popular vote by something absurd like 40 million...

But Trump wins the electoral college in a landslide and wins the election.

Talk about democrat heads exploding...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Left coast secedes from US...who wouldn't be 100% in favor or that!! Except for our brethren currently living there of course!!!

Never happen obviously, but one can dream...

As someone who lives in CA, my first reaction was, “Duh, you just answered your own question.” My second was, “Well, it might make it easier to pry Mrs. slosig out of here without a knock down, drag out. Hmmm... might be a good thing after all.”

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post