SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I love the cut. Smile

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, I remember now. He's "that guy":

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...310089274#1310089274

His taint got bruised, I guess. I'd forgotten all about this, but apparently, ol' Swift was just waiting to pounce. Razz

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Sunday, bloody Sunday

Here I am, quietly reading about Modern Monetary Theory on a relaxing Sunday morning... and I miss the fireworks!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"fewer members" that generated over 10 million views of the set of pinned Donald Trump threads.

Threads that document some of the most comprehensive, and most honest, recordings of the Trump Presidency.

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If SIGforum was a person...

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NYT article about Seattle and Portland

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...eattle-protests.html

snips:

The impact of the occupation on Cafe Argento, Mr. Khan’s coffee shop on Capitol Hill, has been devastating. Very few people braved the barricades set up by the armed occupiers to come in for his coffee and breakfast sandwiches. Cars coming to pick up food orders would turn around. At two points, he and his workers felt scared and called 911. “They said they would not come into CHOP,” said Mr. Khan, referring to one of the names that protesters gave to the occupied Capitol Hill area. “It was lawless.”

He had to start chipping in for private security, a hard thing to do when his business had already been hurt by the coronavirus.

A confusing array of security teams wandered around, armed with handguns and rifles. Some wore official-looking private security uniforms. Others wore casual clothes and lanyards identifying their affiliation with Black Lives Matter. A third group wore all black with no identifying labels and declined to name their group affiliation.

When a tall man in a trench coat and hiking boots walked over to question Mr. Khan, the man spread his coat open, revealing several pistols on harnesses around his chest and waist. He presented a badge on a lanyard that read “Black Lives Matter Community Patrol.”

His name is Rick Hearns and he identified himself as a longtime security guard and mover who is now a Black Lives Matter community guard, in charge of several others. Local merchants pay for his protection, he said as he handed out his business card. (Mr. Khan said he and his neighbors are now paying thousands of dollars a month for protection from Iconic Global, a Washington State-based private security contractor.)

Mr. Hearns has had bad experiences with the police in his own life. He says he wants police reform, but he was appalled by the violent tactics and rhetoric he witnessed during the occupation.

He blamed the destruction and looting on “opportunists,” but also said that much of the damage on Capitol Hill came from a distinct contingent of violent, armed white activists. “It’s antifa,” he said. “They don’t want to see the progress we’ve made. They want chaos.”

Rick Hearns, BLM Community Patrol

Posts: 19576 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post

This dude is high speed. Two handguns on his left side one for a right-hand draw and one for a left-hand draw.

Definitely has the look of someone that has been to so high-speed tactical training. Roll Eyes

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16400 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Regarding the truck video:

To me this speaks of the need for something that I’ve read that the experts call Situational Awareness and in my view the driver’s getting into the confrontation demonstrated poor awareness. Whilst driving and noticing a group of people in the road and then driving past cars that look to be stopped in the road the driver missed two gigantic clues that he/she should have interpreted as Turn Around Now! Then, call the police.

In this particular situation which party had the most at risk if this situation escalated? My guess is that it was the driver. On the one side was the dirt bag gun wielding protester who, except for its pot stash and game station in its dwelling, was probably wearing and carrying all its worldly possessions. The driver was in a nice and fairly new truck. He/she probably has a job, owns a home, has some savings and a retirement account. Would the driver really want to give all that up to satisfy acting out otherwise righteous anger? What if there had been no video at all? The guns simply having disappeared into the bags of other protesters?

In the end these pseudo-humans are going to loose. We’ve got to fight smart and help law enforcement. This confrontation was neither smart nor helpful.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If SIGforum was a person...

That’s a good one, and better than the one I was going to post of Dan Ackroyd from Nothing But Trouble.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9159 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking about the Indianapolis video and the Houston shooting I wonder if someone has developed a phone app that can track and notify folks of these "protests" in real time to give drivers and residents a warning of what is either heading their way or what they are driving into?

Kinda like how my insurance company sends me notifications of weather.

Laughing in the face of danger is all well and good until danger laughs back.

Posts: 496 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Waze might call it obstruction in the road. Wink

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38677 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was on Meridian and 10th street, at the I-65 interchange.

Meridian is the main north south road that goes through the entire city, through monument circle which is dead center. 10th is 1 mile north. This is not out in some hood or out of the way area.

If the truck driver was from outside the city and decided to leave due downtown due to the protests, this is the closest place to get on I-65 to go north, or to go south east to connect to I-70 west or east. The protesters blocked the interstate so he couldn't get on it to leave, and one mile to the south the protesters took over monument circle, preventing him from getting to Washington street to go east to another I-65 interchange, or south to the I-70 interchange on the south side of downtown.

Downtown Indy is a mess of one-way streets that easily confuses people who are not familiar with it. And getting from where you are to where you want to go sometimes requires a bunch of extra turns and driving around the block to get to a street going the right direction. He could escape on 10th and or another cross street and snake his way through the one-ways to one of the interstates which is probably what he did.

And all this over a kid that led cops on a high speed chase a couple months ago, and live streamed himself laughing that they weren't going to catch him, then ditching the car and fleeing. He ran, and was shot by police after firing two rounds at the police chasing him. The gun was found near him. Now, if they want to pursue a claim that he was unarmed and the police planted the gun to coverup an unjustified shooting that's something the courts will have to sort out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lefty Sig,

Posts: 4720 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrewR:
Thinking about the Indianapolis video and the Houston shooting I wonder if someone has developed a phone app that can track and notify folks of these "protests" in real time to give drivers and residents a warning of what is either heading their way or what they are driving into?

Kinda like how my insurance company sends me notifications of weather.

Citizen app. Right now limited to urban areas however, that's where most of the incidents are happening so...

Your state DOT app or, any traffic app such as Waze should provide you some intel...provided you use it and plan ahead or, your passengers are helping out. Roll Eyes

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Lefty,

Thanks for the further clarification. Not knowing Indy (I've been there a few times, but it was decades ago), from your description, it's easy to understand how this could happen to a reasonable person.

I agree with most that de-escalation is the best course of action. There were two potential shooters obvious in the photo, and no telling from how many other directions bullets could have flown. Regardless, I think he was fortunate to be able to get out of there without incident. "Give me three steps... and you won't see me no more!"

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
*Looks at watch again*

Yep, it's Sunday again.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, I remember now. He's "that guy":

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...310089274#1310089274

His taint got bruised, I guess. I'd forgotten all about this, but apparently, ol' Swift was just waiting to pounce. Razz

That post you linked to had a familiar flavor to it back when he posted it, and when I saw his location, my first thought was "oh, he's been drinking the Kool-Aid over at [local gun forum]." There's some vocal NeverTrumper "it's all Bad Orange Man's fault" types there who spout off the same doom and gloom at every opportunity. There's far more of those types in the gun community out here than I would have imagined.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Things didn't go so well in the 'burbs on their first run.

https://www.dailywire.com/news..._campaign=benshapiro

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Stuff like this is heartening to see, but it also makes an incredibly strong argument for those of us trapped behind enemy lines in liberal strongholds to yes indeedy, pack up and move the farm.

I've had a few go-rounds on this forum with some folks about this. Some think that conservatives leaving places like the Seattle suburbs, where I live, only screws the conservatives that stay behind. Some think that "it doesn't matter where you move, there's going to be a fight there, so you might as well stay and fight where you are."

But while both of those things can be argued, what can't be argued is this: if you're the lone conservative on your block, your neighbors aren't going to stand up for you when Antifa comes to molotov cocktail your house. If you live in a neighborhood that's waving American flags and has Trump yard signs, you're good to go. If your neighbor has told you "if I thought I could get away with it, I'd kick your fucking head in for voting for that sonofabitch" as one of mine did a few months ago, you're in a much less comfortable situation. I foresee altogether different video footage coming out of areas like mine if this continues to escalate.

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

https://www.dailywire.com/news..._campaign=benshapiro

Here is a youtube video of the beatdown. Little commies faced the wrong crowd Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS_pIeXDRV8

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
They should follow the ANTIFA members home. It’s time -past time- to turn the tables.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post