SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Just because you are legally justified in using deadly force, does not mean you should. As satisfying as it might be to see those two assholes become road hash, every situation is different. Echoes from a training officer from 50 years ago: Never let your ego get control of your gun (or your gas pedal). One thing is for certain. Once you use deadly force, it changes your life, forever. Sometimes discretion, de-escalation, or avoidance of conflict, takes the day.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This actually happened July 4th, in the town where I work. I didn't post it then because it was at a time when we weren't supposed to; there was no actual violence, so it didn't really fit; I was not there, having had advance knowledge and purposely avoiding the area; and it was difficult to find an article that was not biased and/or sensationalized. This was the least bad article. https://www.wjhl.com/news/loca...-counter-protesters/

You'll notice in the video a number of Elizabethton PD officers who weren't going to take any crap from anybody. The likelihood of violence reaching here is very low … but not zero.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 27963 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
There are TWO assholes with visible handguns in that video.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dragging a motorcycle down the street under the bumper of your truck is one thing. Dragging a body down the street under your truck is something else altogether. I think the driver of that pickup made the only prudent decision there was to be made.

Justified or not in self-defense, he made the right choice.

Sooner or later, though, we're going to be witnesses to something gruesome. One or more of these little shits is going to find out that a firearm is not a magic talisman against two tons of motor vehicle.

"Skinny pedal on the right." That's your trigger for a way bigger defensive weapon than a handgun.

And also your best way to not have to kill these stupid shits and catch a charge or draw retribution on your family.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Have been thinking a lot about the situation with the pickup and the two idiots brandishing pistols, after seeing the video. Don't know who was inside the pickup or how many. If I were with my family, that truck would have been spun around and we would have been out of there as quickly as possible. There would have been no pulling up to find out what is going on, were it apparent what is happening, whether or not the guns were visible. The driver tried to pull around, after backing up. Does this imply they didn't see the guns, at that point?

The driver, and passengers, were very fortunate to be able to get out of there. The two idiots were even more lucky.

Will they be found and arrested? We know the most likely answer.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 380Swift:
Dude should have stepped on the gas and pancaked that guy.
...said the guy sitting safely at home.

Says the dude whose only apparent life accomplishment is running an ancient forum that has fewer members than *****

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is with me, but I guess I'll take the promotion from man up to Internet tough guy!

Fuck you by the way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Looks like another fine Sunday.

Posts: 9153 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I'm gazing into my crystal ball and see this for someone's future today...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dude should have stepped on the gas and pancaked that guy.
...said the guy sitting safely at home.

Says the dude whose only apparent life accomplishment is running an ancient forum that has fewer members than *****

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is with me, but I guess I'll take the promotion from man up to Internet tough guy!

Fuck you by the way.

You have anger issues.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Huh. Wonder why the kids don't learn anything good about the USA?

https://twitter.com/Pismo_B/st...771993878528/photo/1

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Huh. Wonder why the kids don't learn anything good about the USA?

On a side not I think antifa needs to do some inclusivity training and maybe start an affirmative action program.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20823 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh my. Overreact much? I must have hit a nerve. Razz And you want to talk about "internet tough guys"? You're that, in spades, shit head. "YEAH, THIS IS SWIFT AT MY KEYBOARD, ACTING TOUGH, SAYING 'RUN OVER PEOPLE', BECAUSE IT DOESN'T AFFECT MY LIFE! BOY, DO I FEEL GREAT NOW! I SHOWED EVERYBODY!! HA!"

I am glad to be rid of you. You ain't playin' with a full deck, sonny.

And, oh, yes, this forum is ancient and a failure. Big Grin Buh bye now!

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4578 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Have been thinking a lot about the situation with the pickup and the two idiots brandishing pistols, after seeing the video. Don't know who was inside the pickup or how many. If I were with my family, that truck would have been spun around and we would have been out of there as quickly as possible...

Yes, the video paints a different picture than just the pic. After watching the video, I wouldn't have put myself into the crowd in the first place. There's kids in the crowd and opposite side of the overpass is also blocked by people. There's also plenty of room to turn around if you didn't see the crowd before you made the turn. If I had seen the crowd before making the turn, I'd have gone straight.

Posts: 10943 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Dang 380, was just getting to know ya. I don't think that was a blaze of glory

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Sunday, bloody Sunday

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post