SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 352
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The riots in America and the attempted overthrow of the United States Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
on the previous page there is a post about videos from Portland last night.

In those videos you hear a lot of the mob yelling at the police "we're just peacefully protesting"

The mob also complains that the police are harassing reporters

contrast to:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/por...ress-federal-pullout

More than 150 rounds were fired and one woman was shot in Portland on Friday night while protesters on Saturday – some of whom appeared to impersonate pressthrew glass bottles and shined lasers at city police officers sent to quell the nighttime unrest witnessed for more than two months straight.

Saturday marked the third night of federal and state law enforcement cooperation in Portland, as the Department of Homeland Security continues to weigh plans to withdraw from the liberal Oregon city. It was the 64th straight day of violent demonstrations and rioting in Portland.

A shooting rang out about 11:08 p.m. Friday outside an apartment building near the 600 Block of NE 87th Avenue. The Portland Police Bureau said in an update Saturday that more than 150 rounds were fired and bullets struck at least eight occupied apartments and seven vehicles. One round struck a woman in the arm, and responding officers applied a tourniquet before she was transported to the hospital by ambulance with injuries that were not life-threatening.

“They had a gang violence task force that are no longer funded, which is unfortunate because as soon as that defunding happened all of this really peaked up,” Sulimani told Fox 12

Hundreds gathered outside the Mark O. Hatfield U. S. Federal Courthouse around 8:50 p.m. Saturday, blocking traffic and listening to speeches. A group of about two hundred marched from Laurelhurst Park to the Penumbra Kelly Building, also blocking traffic lanes.

People “shined bright lights at Portland police officers standing outside the building, directed lasers at the officers, and eventually began throwing glass bottles at them,” the Portland Police Bureau said in a summary of events. One person in the crowd threw a glass jar or bottle filled with paint, striking a Portland police officer in the head. The officer was not seriously injured.

As people continued to throw glass bottles and other objects, Portland police declared that the assembly blocking East Burnside was unlawful and directed people to disperse. Police said “people with ‘press’ written on their outer garments repeatedly threw objects at officers.” Two people were arrested.

Max Van Briesen, 31, of Portland, was booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center on charges of assaulting a public safety officer, interfering with a police officer and disorderly conduct in the second degree. Freedom Moreno, 34, of Portland, was charged with interfering with a police officer, disorderly conduct in the second degree, resisting arrest and harassment.

As crowds circled the Penumbra Kelly Building, the city’s police department said “again people with ‘press’ written on their outer garments were among those throwing objects at police.” The Portland Police Bureau did not use CS gas to disperse crowds.

Back downtown, just after midnight, the majority of the crowd that had gathered outside the federal courthouse embarked on a march through downtown and the Pearl District. Police said the crowd dissipated over the next two hours to just about 100 protesters and “The march was peaceful and Portland police did not interact with the crowd of people downtown.”

“After weeks of rioting and nightly attacks on federal officers and property, activity in the vicinity of the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse continues in an overall trend of diminishing violence as a result of the increased cooperation between state and federal law enforcement,” DHS said. “In stark contrast to the intense weekend violence in Portland over the past two months, protests around federal property remained generally peaceful with only minor incidents of malicious activity.”

The DHS came under fire on Thursday for compiling “intelligence reports” on American journalists covering demonstrations in Portland. The reports on a New York Times reporter and an editor-in-chief for the blog Lawfare noted they had published leaked, unclassified documents about DHS operations in Portland, the Washington Post first reported.

Lawfare - Benjamin Wittes

Posts: 19577 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
LRADs and ADS (microwave) are also very effective crowd dispersement devices. High time they were put to use.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Water cannons are too evocative of the civil rights marches in the 60's. If you think Zero's rhetoric comparing the lawful defense of a Federal Courthouse against violent rioters/arsonists to Bull Conner and his violence toward truly peaceful marches in his speech at John Lewis's funeral was over the top, wait until someone starts using water cannons.

And while the Antifa punks might think being arrested will be a badge of honor, they are in for a big surprise when they find out what it is really like to be in the criminal justice system. The teachers, lawyers, and other "professionals" are in for the shock of their lives when they find out how just one conviction will make them virtually unemployable because of background checks and liability/risk reduction hiring rules in most corporations. Local state's attorneys may let things go due to politics, but US Attorneys won't, not on Trump's watch.

I do find it very interesting that the bail reforms all went through shortly before all of this. After being rounded up in some cities, they are put right back out on the street to cause more mayhem.

Posts: 4725 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if we are the only country on the planet that does not actively hunt down and dispose of people who attempted a coup and try to overthrow the government.

Just wondering who else has a government that doesn’t care.

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
some of whom appeared to impersonate press – threw glass bottles and shined lasers at city police

(Bold mine).

The laser range finder in the tank (even the 'eye safe' version) is considered a direct fire weapon. You are trained not to fire it unless you are on a hot range and you definitely don't fire it at a person's face. If the reports are true about LE being permanently blinded by these things...their use needs to be considered an escalation of force that warrants a more robust response. I'll leave it at that.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mbinky said what I’ve been thinking but couldn’t put to words.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Get the F**k Out My Way!': Black Man Goes Off on BLM Protestors

Black Lives Matter protestors – many of whom are young white people – gathered again in Austin, Texas, blocking streets and ongoing traffic. A black man in a truck pulled over and chided the protestors for blocking the road.

"Guys, move! Aye, look. I understand the [inaudible] and I appreciate it but I gotta go to work!" he shouted at the crowd as he approached them.

"I'm black. I gotta go to work. I got bills. I got kids. Get the f**k out my way!" he yelled as he headed back to his car. "I’m about to air this b***h out. I gotta go to work!

This man is the epitome of what so many of us have been saying all along. A majority of the Black Lives Matter protestors and rioters are doing nothing but hurting the very demographic they claim to be standing up for. As this guy said, he has a job to go to, kids to take care of and bills to pay. People can't just quit their jobs in order to protest and riot indefinitely.

Blocking traffic, setting buildings on fire and looting businesses doesn't build up the black community. If anything, it harms the very people this movement is supposed to be about. African Americans have jobs at the businesses that have been burned to the ground and looted. Black people live in some of the buildings that were destroyed.

If the BLM movement wants to make a change they'll do something more than take to the streets to cause chaos. They'll build businesses that employ blacks. They'll work with elected officials to make policy changes. They'll do more than stand with a sign and impede those who don't have the luxury of being professional protestors.

Video at the LINK
*Language NSFW*

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of those rioters' action are enough reason for a "more robust response". I may be considered a reactionary, but I think a few of them should have been shot.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
My thought during this whole thing is, aiming a laser into someone’s eyes is “grave bodily injury” it leads to blindness and permanent damage.

Not if...it’s a proven fact and every laser I have ever seen has a warning saying so.

Frankly, Blinding someone is equal to using deadly force, and I can’t imagine why force hasn’t been responded with force.

If you light up an airplane cockpit or a helicopter you are gonna be found and dealt with.

I’d have a really really hard time watching my fellow officers get lit up with a laser and not responding. I think there should be a guy on a building just looking for the rioters with lasers and lighting them up.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11284 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Having been through a couple of laser safety classes, I recognize the potential for permanent eye damage. I'm not opposed to Mike's point: search out the laser users and put a stop to it. When there's damage being inflicted (bodily, property, otherwise) it's no longer "peaceful." Using flashguy's words, "a robust response" seems quite proper.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Having been through a couple of laser safety classes, I recognize the potential for permanent eye damage. I'm not opposed to Mike's point: search out the laser users and put a stop to it. When there's damage being inflicted (bodily, property, otherwise) it's no longer "peaceful." Using flashguy's words, "a robust response" seems quite proper.
Actually, it was mbinky's words -- I just repeated them.

flashguy

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I wonder if there could be any changes in regards to protection of the “media” as a result of the misuse of “Press” credentials in Portland.

During the riots it seems nearly 1/3 of those rioting have helmets and clothing labeled as “PRESS”.
This appears to give them a nearly free pass in regards to being arrested.

In one of the Live Streaming feeds I viewed this past week a member of the “PRESS” clearly labeled on his helmet was inside of the fence around the Federal Courthouse, encouraging others to join him.
He was stating “they can not arrest us all”.

If going to a protest, simply slap letters on your clothing “PRESS” to reduce the risk of arrest.
Then simply hold up your cell phone to record. Shaazam, you have special privileges.

Portland Police dispersed the crowd, directing it west. People continued to throw glass and plastic bottles at police. People with "press" written on their outer garments repeatedly threw objects at officers. Portland Police continued moving the crowd to the west and south.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
I know I am redundant, it worries me how vicious protesters can become and still be called "peaceful", And it worries me more many who I know swallow that kool-aid.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
My thought during this whole thing is, aiming a laser into someone’s eyes is “grave bodily injury” it leads to blindness and permanent damage.

Not if...it’s a proven fact and every laser I have ever seen has a warning saying so.

Frankly, Blinding someone is equal to using deadly force, and I can’t imagine why force hasn’t been responded with force.

If you light up an airplane cockpit or a helicopter you are gonna be found and dealt with.

I’d have a really really hard time watching my fellow officers get lit up with a laser and not responding. I think there should be a guy on a building just looking for the rioters with lasers and lighting them up.

Here's the fucked up reality of the situation-

Do YOU want to be the one on the rooftop?
In Portland?

In theory, yeah, it sounds like a good idea, fighting fire with fire. In reality, you better bring a big cross because they're gonna crucify you.
If the town of Portland wanted this shit to stop, it would have stopped long time ago.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised that no conservative operation has tried to infiltrate BLM / Antifa, and expose their inner workings, sources of funding, and true agenda, especially on video and in their own words.

I would think Project Veritable would be up for this.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Mostly peaceful is not good enough. Ted Bundy was mostly peaceful.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SF LEOs: SafetyGlassesUSA has laser protective safety glasses that will protect you from high power laser pointers. Not cheap at around $100+ depending on options, but may be a good investment.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16093 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I would think Project Veritable would be up for this.

Project Veritas did infiltrate Antifa. I think there was one video posted in this thread a couple pages back. Certainly you should be able to find the clips on their social media (pfft). IIRC, they had clips showing weapons training, hand-to-hand training and maybe one for general organizing.

Project Veritas has done some interesting exposés on various groups and businesses. What is curious to me is law enforcement/judicial system never seem to latch on and take an investigation forward. Maybe they do so quietly, maybe there just isn't enough staff, maybe nobody cares, maybe there are bigger fish to fry.

Posts: 55 | Registered: July 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As the reality sinks in- Do people really want to live like this? They're already setting records and it's only been 2 months.

quote:
Portland's deadliest month in 30 years ends with 150 shots fired

https://komonews.com/news/loca...than-150-shots-fired

quote:
US cities face massive violent crime wave following riots

http://www.israelnationalnews....ews/News.aspx/284648

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
In cities like Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Chicago, and NYC, the government has been taken over by communist / Antifa sympathizers. Until those government official are voted out, they're not going to do anything to stop the mayhem.

quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
As the reality sinks in- Do people really want to live like this? They're already setting records and it's only been 2 months.

quote:
Portland's deadliest month in 30 years ends with 150 shots fired

https://komonews.com/news/loca...than-150-shots-fired

quote:
US cities face massive violent crime wave following riots

http://www.israelnationalnews....ews/News.aspx/284648

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post