SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this**
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 34

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum member dave7378 has been arrested in the Turks and Caicos islands. **All members, please read this** Login/Join 
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So, Dave hasn't logged into the forum for 12 hours. I take this as an encouraging sign. His wife is with him and certainly has access to Dave's laptop and phone. I'm guessing that the next we'll here is that they're back on US soil.

The lack of update today had me HOPING that he got good news and immediately made his way to the airport.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9744 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Report This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I prey he is now a free man!

Posts: 4684 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sending positive thoughts and energy to Dave and his family. Can't wait for them to come home.

Posts: 843 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I think without question that everyone's anxiety level is up praying to hear of a positive outcome. I know mine sure is.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16505 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he very likely has been busy getting out of Dodge and will post once he's back on free soil, as Para said.

Q

Posts: 27447 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about you today, Dave. Checked in a few times hoping for good news.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Not seeing a post by him today had me worried…..makes sense he’d be busy getting outa dodge if all went well…. I like that idea much better!

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
...and a good night's sleep in his own home and his own bed.

I think we'll know something tomorrow.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys for not checking in sooner. Very angry today. Another set back. Prosecution claimed to have not received submissions in a timely manner, which they absolutely did, in order to offer argument to exceptional circumstances. The Prosecution wanted to adjourn and Judge would not allow it since she agreed to expedite my trial. She was not happy that the prosecution was unprepared. So, my attorney and the the prosecutor had to make oral arguments. My attorney was outstanding. The prosecutor was awful. Unprepared because he probably thought he was was going to get more time to cook up some BS.
None of his arguments were based on the law. At one point he claimed bullets are only used for one reason, not to make gravy. Direct quote. Anyway, stuck here until Tuesday now. I feel that the Judge was prepared to make her decision but had to follow protocol as no Judge wants their decisions overturned. She apologized to me and said her final decision would absolutely be on the 16th.

My wife, sister, brother and best friend were in attendance ready to fly home with us tomorrow. Sadly it will just be me and my wife here until Tuesday. Not a problem for me unless something happens and my wife is here alone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5935 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your set back…and of no fault of your own or attorney it sounds. On the bright side it sounds like the judge is favoring you and your outcome….hopefully you’ll be coming home after Tuesday! Stay positive and I with you the best!

Posts: 3157 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, Dave, you're in the home stretch, then. As you can see, we're pulling for you as much as we can. Just hang in there a bit longer and you'll be coming home.

Posts: 108937 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Still sending positive thoughts your way!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38187 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Dave,

Sorry to hear about the prolonged court decision but from what you relayed, it sounds like the judge will make the right decision. Until then I hope you're able to relax and don't let your mind play what-if.

Wishing you a safe journey home in the near future.

Posts: 3368 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Except for the delay, your report gives me hope that you'll be home on Tuesday. The fact that the prosecutor was a buffoon in court and that the judge appears to be leaning your way is comforting. Bless you, brother.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29899 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Sorry you're not home already but Tuesday you get to sleep in your own bed. Hang in there.

Posts: 3537 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
Indeed in a proper judiciary system, a delay to the detriment of, but not caused by the defendant should result in the reduction of any potential fine compared to a finding without delay.

Posts: 2452 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Another week in paradise, that sucks. When you get back to the USA, you should get T-Shirts: 2023 Turks and Caicos Limbo Champs.

Posts: 11544 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Very cool that your family was able to be there to support you for the hearing.
Unbelieveable that the prosecutor pulled that. I’d be pursuing him from afar once I was disentangled from this situation. At least send him the bill for your extended vacation.
It sounds as though the judge might handle dealing with them for you, though, if her eyes are truly open.

Yeah, even angry as you are, I think the tshirts might be a good commemoration - see if you can get a snapshot of that weasel to add to the caption.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5490 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
What an absolute nightmare - best of luck to a speedy return.

MDS

Posts: 394 | Registered: November 30, 2006Report This Post