SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Any SigForum vendors have the factory SBR in stock?

Posts: 1392 | Location: USA | Registered: September 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanted to thank armedjetflyer for giving me the idea to stop waiting for Sig to come out with a 4.5" barrel kit. While I was looking for someone to laser engrave my NFA info on the MPX and MCX, I found someone in Northern VA to do it. US Tactical, http://www.ustacticalusa.com/ is in the process of cutting my barrel, and hand guard down. He did the laser engraving, inside the mag well, for $100 per gun, while I waited. The barrel cut-down, rethread, hand guard cut-down and cerakote are being done today, and I will pick up tonight. Service was awesome. I dropped it off at 10am and will have it back this evening.

I do not work for them, or have any vested interest, but when I find a good thing, I want to share.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: md-dave,

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cheers bro!

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gen1 benefit...

The old style handguard might become a desirable item to those who want to cut to size. It appears that the keymod keyholes on the new handguards, are shifted just enough to prevent a clean cut edge.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedjetflyer,

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:
Gen1 benefit...

The old style handguard might become a desirable item to those who want to cut to size. It appears that the keymod keyholes on the new handguards, are shifted just enough to prevent a clean circumference edge if cut.

Clever or coincidental on SIG's part?

Speaking of handguard...while these aren't K versions, they are still aftermarket options which is nice to see. Lancer carbon fiber M-Lok 8", 10", 14".

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/0...-for-all-handguards/

Posts: 180 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cntrl23:

Better pics:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...r-handguard-sig-mpx/

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To me, that looks like ass. If it was even with the top rail it would look so much better.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
To me, that looks like ass. If it was even with the top rail it would look so much better.

I agree - but I am hoping that Lancer adds the top picatinny rail extension like they did with the other SIG handguards on their website! We can always HOPE!!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
quote:

I agree - but I am hoping that Lancer adds the top picatinny rail extension like they did with the other SIG handguards on their website! We can always HOPE!!

Yes, I agree as well that the looks are less than desirable if the top rail extension isn't added. Hopefully they will make that addition before they start shipping, especially since the top section has the M-LOK slots as well. Time will tell...but again, just happy to see aftermarket options, even if this one isn't for everyone.

Posts: 180 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

After reading the article and reviewing the photos, it appears that one would need to add a 4" picatinny M-Lok rail section to the top of the handguard - that is how the front sight appears to be mounted (on 2" rail) in the photos. Let's again HOPE that this is not the solution - maybe they rushed to get the product out for SHOT 2016. The Lancer handguards on their website look so much better! You are absolutely correct Cntrl23 - it is FANTASTIC that aftermarket products are beginning to show up!!

http://store.lancer-systems.co...placement-handguards

Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with a rep at Lancer. He indicated that at this time they intend to ship the handguard as-is. Then the end user can add M-LOK rail sections as needed. He did also say that they just finished the prototype in time for SHOT. I guess we will see what happens with it by the time it hits the market. I'm sure they will be receiving A LOT of feedback on it this week.

posted Hide Post
http://www.gotammollc.com/PDW-...SIG-MPX-p/pdwsig.htm

Anybody seen one of these in the wild. It was on SIG's Facebook Page

Posts: 91 | Registered: February 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigcat100:
http://www.gotammollc.com/PDW-...SIG-MPX-p/pdwsig.htm

Anybody seen one of these in the wild. It was on SIG's Facebook Page

Looks like they don't start shipping until 2/1. That said, they will sell every single one they build...

Posts: 221 | Registered: October 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
Also came across this new option as well...

Safety Harbor Firearms 4-position KES Stock - 13.24" LOP fully extended.

Picture of Tiger 2 Tank
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's nice!

Posts: 968 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Very happy to see the aftermarket starting to heat up for the MPX.

Whoever produces the first non-marring aftermarket charging handle is gonna make a fortune. Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
Very happy to see the aftermarket starting to heat up for the MPX.

Whoever produces the first non-marring aftermarket charging handle is gonna make a fortune. Smile

Any idea who's product this is on GunBroker?
I remember the concept discussed in several posts many pages back but could not find it again.

posted Hide Post
Anyone here shot a FA MPX yet?

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any idea who's product this is on GunBroker?
I remember the concept discussed in several posts many pages back but could not find it again.

[/QUOTE]

-------------------------------------

LOL! I told Steve he should sell these! :")
So basically a $21 paperclip/spring, but I might still buy one...... good to see more aftermarket MPX accessories (even if they are paperclips) available. Maybe Sig will come out with a Gen 2 paperclip in 2016.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=536560233

UPDATE: I went ahead and purchased the "spring" as I was able to work a deal with the guy for the new ambi charging handle as well. I'll give a report when I receive it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmoon1,

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received back my cut down barrel yesterday (4.5") from Fort Daniel Inc (www.ftdaniel.com). They turned it around in 1 day and the cost was $127 which included return shipping. About 1/2 the cost of what I've seen elsewhere. I haven't fired it yet, but am extremely pleased with my dealings with Nate at FD.

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post