SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bhead:
My side-folding stock ordered back on 6/18 shipped! Smile

Here's what I received today. Definitely not the original stock they listed.

I included the Folding Telescoping stock in the photo for comparison.

------------------------

Looks like a non-SBR cheek stock? Weird.

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't remember the part #'s but if this is the new folding/telescoping stock (per my picture) then you won't be sorry. It is great![/QUOTE]
--------------------

Oh I already have that one - it's sitting on my MCX right now.
I'm waiting on the telescoping (only) one.[/QUOTE]
-------------------------

Yeah, sorry Creslin, I knew that....proof that I shouldn't start drinking Budlight at noon...

posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]

Hey bhead, really long pull on the first stock. Can you please tell me how many 'incremental' lengths there are? Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Tim from Military Arms Channel made a Facebook post after seeing the Sig Gen 1/Gen 2 video stating Sig screwed him over by selling him a Gen 1 gun. I just find it hard to believe that with how tight knit the gun vlog community is he didn't know this information 10 months ago when thetruthaboutguns.com released it. I kinda think it's a bullshit sensationalist post made to incite people's emotions. Whatever.

https://www.facebook.com/milit...sts/1112623502082781

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
Tim from Military Arms Channel made a Facebook post after seeing the Sig Gen 1/Gen 2 video stating Sig screwed him over by selling him a Gen 1 gun. I just find it hard to believe that with how tight knit the gun vlog community is he didn't know this information 10 months ago when thetruthaboutguns.com released it. I kinda think it's a bullshit sensationalist post made to incite people's emotions. Whatever.

https://www.facebook.com/milit...sts/1112623502082781

Sig definitely engaged in deceptive advertising when they released the MPX. The fact that a few gun forums and blogs (that less than 1% of the gun owning public read) corrected the misinformation is no excuse. Sig made NO distinction regarding the gen 1 guns in their company advertising which is a big no no.

Fortunately, they have gone a long way in correcting the original mistake with the discounted gen 2 uppers. My suspicion is that Sig's lawyers advised them to offer the discounted uppers as a token of good faith to mitigate exposure for false advertising.

Posts: 73 | Registered: March 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see SIG at least acknowledge that Gen 1 owners are in a worse place than Gen 2 owners, and the "you can buy a .357 SIG or .40 upper at the same price as a cal-ex kit" approach is a good start... but there are still few things about their approach to resolving it that make me scratch my head.

They're taking the approach of "we will continue to support both Gen 1 and Gen 2 owners with aftermarket parts." On the magazines, I see why they have to do this. The lower is the serial numbered portion, and can't be changed, so Gen 1 mags for Gen 1 lowers and Gen 2 mags for Gen 2 lowers makes sense (even though they're now claiming they're interchangeable). Will be interesting to see the real-world results of mag interchangeability.

But what has me scratching my head is why they are committing to making and selling at least seven different barrels (Gen 1 4.5", 6", and 8" + Gen 2 4.5", 6", 8", and 16"). Why not simply offer to Gen 1 owners the ability to purchase ANY complete upper -- INCLUDING the 9mm -- for the price of a cal-ex kit (or some other promotional price -- perhaps even with a limited time window), and then only worry about manufacturing, selling, and supporting Gen 2 uppers, handguards, barrels, and ambi charging handles moving forward?

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why not simply offer to Gen 1 owners the ability to purchase ANY complete upper -- INCLUDING the 9mm -- for the price of a cal-ex kit (or some other promotional price -- perhaps even with a limited time window), and then only worry about manufacturing, selling, and supporting Gen 2 uppers, handguards, barrels, and ambi charging handles moving forward?

This is a good question and one I'll put to SIG at SHOT if it doesn't get answered before then.

I don't see why they wouldn't do this.

My guess is they originally looked it via "What is the primary difference between a Gen1 and Gen2 upper?" The answer would obviously be the caliber modularity. So that is the gap they rushed to fill.

Supplying a Gen1 upper owner with a 9mm bbl'd Gen2 upper would be even easier than supplying said owner with a .40 or .357 SIG bbl'd uppers since the 9mm Gen2s already exist.

I suspect that they will honor the offer even in 9mm. The only limitation is likely to be which bbls are available (i.e. if there are no 6.5" bbls, you'll have to chose between a 4.5" an 8" and a '16'").

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Why not simply offer to Gen 1 owners the ability to purchase ANY complete upper -- INCLUDING the 9mm -- for the price of a cal-ex kit (or some other promotional price -- perhaps even with a limited time window), and then only worry about manufacturing, selling, and supporting Gen 2 uppers, handguards, barrels, and ambi charging handles moving forward?

This is a good question and one I'll put to SIG at SHOT if it doesn't get answered before then.

My guess is they originally looked it via "What is the primary difference between a Gen1 and Gen2 upper?" The answer would obviously be the caliber modularity. So that is the gap they rushed to fill.

Supplying a Gen1 upper owner with a 9mm bbl'd Gen2 upper would be even easier than supplying said owner with a .40 or .357 SIG bbl'd uppers since the 9mm Gen2s already exist.

I suspect that they will honor the offer even in 9mm. The only limitation is likely to be which bbls are available (i.e. if there are no 6.5" bbls, you'll have to chose between a 4.5" an 8" and a '16'").
Thanks, LDD. I always love your SHOT Show recaps, and if my wife's birthday didn't land right in the middle of the show... I'd be there myself. I already tried "Hey, honey. Would you like to go to Vegas for your birthday? OK, great! Here's the catch..." Smile

I'm hoping that you're right and that SIG decides to tell Gen 1 owners something like "buy any caliber Gen 2 upper you want for X dollars until July 1, 2016. After that, you pay full price." Or maybe they have slightly different prices for the different barrel lengths, but as long as it was proportionate to any price differences between buying just the barrels themselves, I don't think anyone would flinch.

Your point about barrel availability also makes sense.

Thanks for pinging SIG on the idea.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I suspect that they will honor the offer even in 9mm. The only limitation is likely to be which bbls are available (i.e. if there are no 6.5" bbls, you'll have to chose between a 4.5" an 8" and a '16'").[/QUOTE]Thanks, LDD. I always love your SHOT Show recaps, and if my wife's birthday didn't land right in the middle of the show... I'd be there myself. I already tried "Hey, honey. Would you like to go to Vegas for your birthday? OK, great! Here's the catch..." Smile

I'm hoping that you're right and that SIG decides to tell Gen 1 owners something like "buy any caliber Gen 2 upper you want for X dollars until July 1, 2016. After that, you pay full price." Or maybe they have slightly different prices for the different barrel lengths, but as long as it was proportionate to any price differences between buying just the barrels themselves, I don't think anyone would flinch.

Your point about barrel availability also makes sense.

Thanks for pinging SIG on the idea.[/QUOTE]
--------------------------------

Good ideas guys! I'm going to have to make an excel spreadsheet though to remember all this stuff. So if us Gen 1 guys were able to purchase a Gen 2 9mm upper, would we still use the Gen 1 mags?

Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good ideas guys! I'm going to have to make an excel spreadsheet though to remember all this stuff. So if us Gen 1 guys were able to purchase a Gen 2 9mm upper, would we still use the Gen 1 mags?

I sure hope so. I'd be in for a new 9mm upper - especially the 4.5 inch bbl - but do not want to buy all new mags!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10512 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:

You can use either generation magazine in either generation upper.

My T&E MPX is a Gen2 but shipped with a gen1 magazine.

The Gen2 magazines seem to allow for earlier "ramping" of the 9mm rounds (allowing them to nose-up faster). The cutout in the follower would seem to coincide with this. That's the only difference in the magazines that I can spot. I've used both in "my" T&E MPX without issue.

Interestingly enough, the Gen1 magazine I have was made in a October of 2015, while a Gen2 magazine I picked up later is date stamped in August of 2015. This would seem to confirm that SIG will continue producing Gen1 magazines.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed on Instagram a dealer received what appeared to be a factory Sig MPX-K with 4.5" barrel and it is definitely a Gen 1. If this model was already in production to fill LEO/Military orders it would make sense as to why they will continue to support both generations. I would be surprised if we also see the 6.5" in a Gen 1, we'll probably only have the choice of 4.5" or 8". Either way I'm fine with that as i only care about the 4.5".

I've been debating taking mine to a gunsmith and just having the barrel chopped to 4.5" because I'm getting impatient. I like the idea of having both barrel lengths, you definitely get a mild velocity increase from the longer barrel. Big question is, once i put on the short barrel and have the silencer mounted inside the rail for a nice compact package, will i ever use the 8" i have?? As you can see from the picture it isn't very compact with 3 lug adapter and silencer. It's actually longer than a regular 16" barrel (and probably would require re-zeroing each time you change barrels). As a silencer host and for "stealth" missions maybe it would be significantly louder or increased blow-back with the shorter barrel? Anyone have experience shooting one suppressed in the short configuration?

Curious of others opinions if you would wait for the factory barrel which will probably cost $200+ or just chop the barrel for $75?

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Barrels longer than 5-6" on 9MM carbine are a waste - yes there is some gain in velocity, but it's minimal IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for the 4.5 barrel and was planing to get the shorter hand guards that were advertised. I know Sig said they were going to support the Gen 1, but the only accessory they have is back ordered stocks and mags. The Gen 1 was released April 2015. When I got the MPX I was looking forward to the 357 sig conversion. I just don't see SIG offering this big discount to Gen 1 owners. We will have to buy the new uppers from SIG at what ever MSRP they set. See what happens at Shot Show.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
My dream MPX is a K-variant pistol with 4.5" 9MM with the ability to convert to different calibers and magazines that are closer to $0 than they are to $100.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Crash_Pro, what suppressor are you running?

posted Hide Post
I would think mag prices would drop after market catches up. Might be screwed with the Gen 1 mags Sig isn't going to flood the market with them.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
I'm glad to see SIG at least acknowledge that Gen 1 owners are in a worse place than Gen 2 owners, and the "you can buy a .357 SIG or .40 upper at the same price as a cal-ex kit" approach is a good start... but there are still few things about their approach to resolving it that make me scratch my head.

They're taking the approach of "we will continue to support both Gen 1 and Gen 2 owners with aftermarket parts." On the magazines, I see why they have to do this. The lower is the serial numbered portion, and can't be changed, so Gen 1 mags for Gen 1 lowers and Gen 2 mags for Gen 2 lowers makes sense (even though they're now claiming they're interchangeable). Will be interesting to see the real-world results of mag interchangeability.

But what has me scratching my head is why they are committing to making and selling at least seven different barrels (Gen 1 4.5", 6", and 8" + Gen 2 4.5", 6", 8", and 16"). Why not simply offer to Gen 1 owners the ability to purchase ANY complete upper -- INCLUDING the 9mm -- for the price of a cal-ex kit (or some other promotional price -- perhaps even with a limited time window), and then only worry about manufacturing, selling, and supporting Gen 2 uppers, handguards, barrels, and ambi charging handles moving forward?

What is the procedure if you have a GEN 1 and want the GEN 2 at the discounted price?

Thanks

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedro66:
What is the procedure if you have a GEN 1 and want the GEN 2 at the discounted price?
They haven't announcing pricing or procedure, yet.

I'd imagine you call, give them your serial number, and then tell them which caliber you want (still hoping they come around and allow 9mm to be an option).

Again, they are not selling you a discounted complete firearm -- just an upper assembly.

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
The only equitable solution would be to allow Gen 1 owners to purchase a Gen 2 upper in 9mm for reasons mentioned above....magazine reliability and availability. I have no interest in switching calibers as a Gen 1 owner personally. I'm just not confident that Sig will fully support the Gen 1 platform in the future to the extent that components will be readily available.

I know the video says the Gen 2 magazines function in the Gen 1 upper, I've also read statements that to guarantee reliability one should use corresponding generations in uppers and magazines.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post