SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
Ok so I just called up Sig again...

After stating my frustration on waiting over half a year for something while other people who ordered a week or two ago are already having theirs shipped I confronted him with the two different part numbers (thank you armedjetflyer).

He admitted that the new part number (STOCK-X-COLLAPSIBLE-BLK) will very likely ship long before any orders for STOCK-MPX-TELE.
He then changed my order to the new one.

Let's see how this plays out...

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SuperPollito:
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
How much was it?

$239.20

so same as the one I ordered back in June - thank you

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let's see how this plays out...

Good luck, hopefully they get it out soon and others that have been waiting can do the same.

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of capone75088
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the newer collapsable stock (Gen 2)but was informed that it's backordered and no estimate on shipping.

Posts: 106 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dano36
posted Hide Post
I just talked to Sig customer service. He stated the new part number (STOCK-X-COLLAPSIBLE-BLK) is made specifically for the MCX not the MPX. He said it might fit but would be loose on the MPX. He advised against changing the part number of my order if I wanted the stock for an MPX. Can anyone who has received the new stock confirm the fit on an MPX?

Posts: 72 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MUST SEE!

New Sig Sauer YouTube video on MPX FAQ's and Gen1 vs Gen2

Spoiler alert -- pay special attention to the 4:45 mark on after market triggers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp7WmEPyu_k

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got mine today with the new part number. It seems to attach solidly to the mpx with only a very small amount of up and down play in the struts, which wouldn't be host dependent, and they don't touch the upper receiver (even though I've noticed mine is slightly off-center). The struts themselves seem shorter than what I would have thought though. Unlike most of the pictures I've seen, they don't reach the full length of the receiver cutouts when fully collapsed - there's about an inch of empty space. Or maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention. The LOP does seem to be in line with what sig indicated.

Posts: 3 | Registered: December 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by pysaki:
Just got mine today with the new part number. It seems to attach solidly to the mpx with only a very small amount of up and down play in the struts, which wouldn't be host dependent, and they don't touch the upper receiver (even though I've noticed mine is slightly off-center). The struts themselves seem shorter than what I would have thought though. Unlike most of the pictures I've seen, they don't reach the full length of the receiver cutouts when fully collapsed - there's about an inch of empty space. Or maybe I just haven't been paying close enough attention. The LOP does seem to be in line with what sig indicated.
---------------------------
Yeah, seems like they could have made the stock an inch longer to give you a longer pull? By the way, the administrators appreciate it if you re-size your photo's to 800x600 before you upload them. Thanks for the picture!

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
MUST SEE!

Spoiler alert -- pay special attention to the 4:45 mark on after market triggers!!

Nice they finally put most of it out there.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, seems like they could have made the stock an inch longer to give you a longer pull?

I like the collapsible stock ok, but i agree it could be an inch longer... i really like the length of pull on the thin folder. Its pretty hard to fold though!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
Yeah, seems like they could have made the stock an inch longer to give you a longer pull?

I like the collapsible stock ok, but i agree it could be an inch longer... i really like the length of pull on the thin folder. Its pretty hard to fold though!

The hinge-spring is quite stiff on both new folding stocks. I found that you can use a flat screwdriver to help lift the hinge-spring (pry upward in lower hinge gap). Once the hinge is released, work the stock back-and-forth several times over the locking corners of the hinge to help round them slightly - this will make UNFOLDING much easier. Folding the stock from the open position will remain difficult until the new spring breaks in because the stock is held open with a long tab that is held into the hinge recess with the spring pressure - the screwdriver also helps release this tab until the spring weakens with use.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanie-Bean
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
MUST SEE!

I like that we will be able to upgrade from Gen1 to Gen2 for just the cost of a caliber conversion!

Very happy with the info SIG Sauer put out on this.

Ammo by Dillon and Hornady
NRA Life Member

Posts: 496 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure why it's being stated that STOCK-X-COLLAPSIBLE-BLK is a new part number. I've had that part number for the collapsible stock since August sometime.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
I'm not sure why it's being stated that STOCK-X-COLLAPSIBLE-BLK is a new part number. I've had that part number for the collapsible stock since August sometime.

Did you already receive your stock? Or have you been waiting since August?

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:

Did you already receive your stock? Or have you been waiting since August?

I've been waiting since August but just got shipping notification last night.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:

The collapsible stock in the picture is the new(er) version listed as STOCK-X-COLLAPSIBLE-BLK that is reportedly compatible with both the MPX and MCX. I suppose that it has shorter rails to accommodate the brass deflector on the MCX.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sensei,

Posts: 73 | Registered: March 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
What arrived today!

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I find most interesting is that he mentions, several times, the 6.5" barrel length. I thought that was all but dead. I don't see a use for that length barrel, as Im really waiting for the 4" barrel to come out...but its better to have more options.[/QUOTE]

-----------------

Yes, I found that interesting as well although I'll probably just get the 4.5" barrel. What I actually found most interesting though was the part about replacing the trigger system and not voiding the warranty. Now I will definitely replace the trigger with an aftermarket.....

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I actually found most interesting though was the part about replacing the trigger system and not voiding the warranty.

A re-read of the MPX Trigger warranty card included in the MPX box says "removal of the trigger bridge is NOT recommended and will void the warranty of the firearm." I suppose I initially took that to say a removal of the trigger, or, swapping the trigger out for a different one would void the warranty - but it appears like what this video says has been true all along. They won't warrant the aftermarket parts, of course. but it doesn't void the MPX warranty.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see this MPX FAQ video from SIG, but I'll admit I'm still skeptical about how much "support" they'll continue to show Gen 1 owners, and for how long.

I'm also glad to see a reversal in their position on aftermarket triggers (and I do see it as a reversal).

FWIW, I've listed out each of the questions Adam addresses in this video, and included my initial reaction to each one in this article:

http://www.realgunreviews.com/...-faq-video-analysis/

I know I come across a bit skeptical, but I also hope I come across as fair. It's nice to see them do a video like this, but I'm still in "show me" mode before I become a believer. Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post