SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
quote:
What I actually found most interesting though was the part about replacing the trigger system and not voiding the warranty.

A re-read of the MPX Trigger warranty card included in the MPX box says "removal of the trigger bridge is NOT recommended and will void the warranty of the firearm." I suppose I initially took that to say a removal of the trigger, or, swapping the trigger out for a different one would void the warranty - but it appears like what this video says has been true all along. They won't warrant the aftermarket parts, of course. but it doesn't void the MPX warranty.

Take some material off a standard or M16 disconnector and the SIG bridge will fit

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedro66:

Take some material off a standard or M16 disconnector and the SIG bridge will fit

just to protect the new trigger? had'nt thought of that.

quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:

FWIW, I've listed out each of the questions Adam addresses in this video, and included my initial reaction to each one in this article:

how many blogs do you have?? "skeptical" is one way to put it, i suppose. you've already said you only ever planned to use the 9mm version. i know you're waiting on the shorter barrels, but damn you like to complain 10 ways to Sunday about the caliber swaps, trigger parts, handguards, barrels, etc., but I Guess that's the modern bloggers life...

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't doubt it... but if we're talking about voiding warranties, I'm pretty sure that removing material from the disconnector would void the warranty on an aftermarket trigger. I'm not going to risk voiding the warranty on a $240 Geissele SSA-E just so I can run the bridge with it. Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't doubt it... but if we're talking about voiding warranties, I'm pretty sure that removing material from the disconnector would void the warranty on an aftermarket trigger. I'm not going to risk voiding the warranty on a $240 Geissele SSA-E just so I can run the bridge with it. Smile

Very true and for a personal gun I am with you, However on the conversions we don't care about warranties the guns are written off the minute we mill out the lowers but the way we looked at it that bridge is there for a reason so we try to get as much life as we can out of them

Posts: 24 | Registered: October 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very true and for a personal gun I am with you, However on the conversions we don't care about warranties the guns are written off the minute we mill out the lowers but the way we looked at it that bridge is there for a reason so we try to get as much life as we can out of them
Makes sense. If you're in for a penny, go in for a pound! Smile

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm glad to see this MPX FAQ video from SIG, but I'll admit I'm still skeptical about how much "support" they'll continue to show Gen 1 owners, and for how long.

I'm also glad to see a reversal in their position on aftermarket triggers (and I do see it as a reversal).

FWIW, I've listed out each of the questions Adam addresses in this video, and included my initial reaction to each one in this article:

http://www.realgunreviews.com/...-faq-video-analysis/

I know I come across a bit skeptical, but I also hope I come across as fair. It's nice to see them do a video like this, but I'm still in "show me" mode before I become a believer. Smile

Nice job Steve! Let's hope we can get some 4.5" barrels soon...btw, when you received your "fixed" CH, did it not have the new beveled leading edge? Now I'm just waiting on the ambi CH which should also have the beveled leading edge. Not quite sure how much of a difference it will make but I really want to 'yank and slap' as well....

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
holy. shit.

my card got charged today for the telescoping stock.
doubt I'll get it shipped before monday though

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
how many blogs do you have??
Two: a personal blog with lots of different categories, and I recently started a second one just for posting gun stuff, since that was taking over my main blog too much.

Or was your question not really a question, but rather a complaint that two blogs is too many?

quote:
"skeptical" is one way to put it, i suppose. you've already said you only ever planned to use the 9mm version. i know you're waiting on the shorter barrels, but damn you like to complain 10 ways to Sunday about the caliber swaps, trigger parts, handguards, barrels, etc., but I Guess that's the modern bloggers life...
As opposed to "ancient" bloggers? Wink

I'm not really sure where the "hate" is coming from, PorterN. You and I met in person at Gunnies in Orem, Utah not long ago, on the day you picked up your MPX. You seemed like a decent guy. Did I accidentally dent your car on the way out of the parking lot or something? It seems I've offended you in some way.

Also, in addition to complaining about my blog(s), are you really complaining about my complaining? Wink

I don't "like" to complain at all. I'd much rather pay for something and have it work exactly as advertised and have no complaints at all. But when that doesn't happen, yes... I'll say something about it. But I don't think any less of anyone who chooses not to say something.

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
True and good points. I guess i want some new info , am very impatient ,And am tired of the same ol' shit and complaints. But ive been along the ride for a while; you're writing for the ppl who need that info. I get that. I had a moment of frustration. Sorry.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
True and good points. I guess i want some new info , am very impatient ,And am tired of the same ol' shit and complaints. But ive been along the ride for a while; you're writing for the ppl who need that info. I get that. I had a moment of frustration. Sorry.

I'm right there with you, bro. We're good. Smile

Picture of capone75088
posted Hide Post
Mine did as well 12/31; major disconnect in Sig Customer Service or the 3rd party manufacturer.
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
holy. shit.

Posts: 106 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Put 120 rounds through mine yesterday
No issues running 124 grain some Freedom Munitions 115 no problems that my back ordered stock won't fix i.e. Me

Posts: 23734 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capone75088:
Mine did as well 12/31; major disconnect in Sig Customer Service or the 3rd party manufacturer.
quote:
holy. shit.

Posts: 3 | Location: Silver Spring, MD | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by capone75088:
quote:
holy. shit.

Did you order Stock-X-collapsible-blk or Stock-mpx-Tele? Thank for a reply.

Posts: 3 | Location: Silver Spring, MD | Registered: July 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I had originally ordered stock-mpx-tele (back in June).
I called in about 5-6 days ago and had it changed to stock-x-collapsible-blk - so this is the one that I just got charged for.

Posts: 1554 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I called in about 5-6 days ago and had it changed to stock-x-collapsible-blk - so this is the one that I just got charged for.

Thanks, my credit card was charged on 12-31 and I have both on order and was wondering which one is being shipped.

posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't remember the part #'s but if this is the new folding/telescoping stock (per my picture) then you won't be sorry. It is great!

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bhead:
My side-folding stock ordered back on 6/18 shipped! Smile

Here's what I received today. Definitely not the original stock they listed.

I included the Folding Telescoping stock in the photo for comparison.

Here's a few more photos

Posts: 201 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does any know if they plan to produce this version?

Planning to call SIG on Monday for a RMA number for the STOCK-X-FOLD-M4-BLK part.

Posts: 201 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
quote:

I can't remember the part #'s but if this is the new folding/telescoping stock (per my picture) then you won't be sorry. It is great!

Oh I already have that one - it's sitting on my MCX right now.
I'm waiting on the telescoping (only) one.