SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Sigforum exclusive: SIG has graciously given us a first look at their current plans for a potential NON-NFA rifle version of the MPX.

Note that the forearm is KeyMod.

Let's hear the forum's thoughts!

Edited to answer some questions:

BBL length is 16" +A2 birdcage. (could be 16.1", 16.5")
NON-NFA
Comes with sliding 3-position A3 style stock.
No release date yet--probably after SHOT (concept is still being market-tested/finalized)

This. Where do I get in line?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
LOL ! ! ! Big Grin

Could not agree more, 12131 Smile

That one will do just fine. Just what I was hoping they would do when the other version did not fly.

Anyone interested in an unused, custom-built Trident Arms AR9 ? Wink

quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad Apple
of the AAP
Picture of 9mm_shooter
posted Hide Post
Keymod slots are backwards (like H&K version)?

Posts: 7793 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
From SIG's Instagram:

[Red highlights mine]

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
I have abandoned all plans of a 9mm AR. I'll hold out for the MPX.

Starting a secondary savings account to dump a few bucks a week into, by the time this hits shelves I'll have enough.

Posts: 6032 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cut and plug
posted Hide Post
Well I want one.

Posts: 1145 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let's hear the forum's thoughts!

I hate keymod.

Hate it.

Live Free or Die

Posts: 162 | Registered: November 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That is one gorgeous rifle. I think there is definitely a market for this rifle. As long as it isn't over priced.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8856 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I don't see the point of a 16" 9mm. At all. Well, maybe only in non-SBR states. But NFA ownership is very simple, especially right now, so why not offer shorter versions? Hell, at least offer both.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggiePhil:
I guess I don't see the point of a 16" 9mm.
You mean like the thousands of 9mm ARs out there?

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I don't see the point of a 16" 9mm. At all. Well, maybe only in non-SBR states. But NFA ownership is very simple, especially right now, so why not offer shorter versions? Hell, at least offer both.

Who says they are not offering both?

The Pistol/SBR 8" versions (like the one in the production floor photo) will likely be available before the end of this month.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I guess.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I guess.

Great attitude.

As someone who likes guns (I assume you do since you're here) do you not like guns that will appeal to more people? That don't automatically come with an extra $200 tax, waiting time, and hoops to jump through? That can be bought by citizens in *almost* every state?

I, like many other people I'm sure, can legally own an SBR where I live but have no plans on going through the process. I'll take it quick and easy and have an extra 6-10" of length, thank-you-very-much.

Posts: 6032 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Precisely, Rustpot.

Posts: 107706 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
What a cool bullet launcher. Smile

I'll take one with a vertical foregrip and an Aimpoint Pro on top.

I can't say I have the interest to go through the NFA expense and process, but a non-nfa 16" carbine is an attractive offering. I bet it would be a great range toy.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
Damn.... Eek Where will I get all the money for these new sigs. Big Grin

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
I guess I don't see the point of a 16" 9mm.
You mean like the thousands of 9mm ARs out there?

And like the thousands of Beretta CX4 Storms (of which I own one) and other 9mm carbines too? Naaahhh....couldn't be much interest out there for a 9mm carbine. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Who says they are not offering both?

The Pistol/SBR 8" versions (like the one in the production floor photo) will likely be available before the end of this month.

I can't wait. Rockwell Arms already took my money months ago for MPX-P-PSB.

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
JIGGINESS!!! 357SIG! 357SIG! 357SIG!

^^^This!^^^

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I'm a bit torn between getting a pistol version to which one can simply add the SIG brace as a pre-SBR expedient, and the 16" version, which allows the full functionality of a stock while you wait on a Form 1, and then simply swap out barrel and handguards.

My choice will probably be made simply on economics: is it cheaper to get a pistol, then add the stock, or the 16" and swap barrel and handguards?

Either way, i'm thinkin' this thing is gonna be the bee's knees, even in a world where the pistol caliber carbine is losing ground to short 5.56 carbines.

Oat

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post