SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
"I can confirm that the bbl threading is not 1/2x28. It will be 13.5x1 LH as is consistent with SIG's 9mm pistol threaded bbls."

I am one of those who refuse to buy a new 13.5 x 1 piston. But for the MPX I have always figured I'd be getting a 13.5 x 1 to 3 lug adapter from Tros.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
TROS isn't showing a 3-lug adaptor in 13.5x1 LH on their website, but it may just not be up to date.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I wish SilencerCo made a fixed barrel adapter for 13.5x1LH but they do have a fixed barrel spacer that'll fit in a 13.5x1 piston and do the same thing. That's the setup I'm using on my ADCO 9mm barrel with 13.5x1 threads and the SiCo Octane 9 silencer.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
TROS isn't showing a 3-lug adaptor in 13.5x1 LH on their website, but it may just not be up to date.

I know they make one because I have one.

Just contact Mark via the phone number on his site, be prepare to leave a message. I told him to expect a deluge of such 13.5x1LH-3Lug orders once the MPX comes out.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:

I know they make one because I have one.

Just contact Mark via the phone number on his site, be prepare to leave a message. I told him to expect a deluge of such 13.5x1LH-3Lug orders once the MPX comes out.

Yes . I talked to Mark on the phone when ordering other parts and he does have them. Told him he will get another order from me for one as soon as I get the MPX.

Posts: 635 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
This is the most excited I've been over a new firearm in quite some time! I am undecided on which variation I want. Cool

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what I want. MPX-PSB 9mm w/Sound Suppressor.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ yup, that's is what I want too.
8" pistol is on order, GM-9 is on order.
Just need to swap out 8" with 4.5" barrel.

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steel banging
beer snob
Picture of jlemmy
posted Hide Post
I'm interested but geography has me limited to the non NFA version. Has there been a sighting of the actual carbine as yet ? Or just the drawings ?

Happiness is having to climb in your car to change your target.

Posts: 2469 | Location: Nowhere Fun | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jlemmy:
I'm interested but geography has me limited to the non NFA version. Has there been a sighting of the actual carbine as yet ? Or just the drawings ?

I don't foresee the carbine being out until mid-late 2015

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think I've been this excited for a gun in a while. I know others have said that, but it's really true. The Tavor was cool, but it wasn't a must-have for me since I already have an AR-15 and I don't need many guns all shooting 5.56mm. I originally looked into the Tavor to buy and get the 9mm conversion but didn't because of the Colt SMG mags. In Ohio you can own magazines with a >30 round capacity, but the law says if you attach it to a gun it makes it a machine gun and subject to NFA laws. It's stupid as hell but since Colt mags come in 10/20/32 capacities, I'm limited to 20 rounds. That's not SO big a deal, but the Tavor plus conversion would be north of $2,000.

I've looked at a few AR-based 9mm pistols but they have the same mag issue as the Tavor. There's one that takes Glock mags, but then capacity choices are 10/17/33, so I'm still in the same boat. Also, while direct blowback is functional, they tend to have more recoil impulse. Most 9mm ARs are still around $1,000 although they're coming down.

I'm not sure when I'll get an MPX, but even at $1,500 it's still attractive. Piston operation and a 30 round mag! Mainly I've been wanting something like this for my wife who is recoil and muzzle blast sensitive, but that doesn't mean I won't have fun with it, too.

Posts: 5 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: November 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sodbuster:
I don't think I've been this excited for a gun in a while. I know others have said that, but it's really true. The Tavor was cool, but it wasn't a must-have for me since I already have an AR-15 and I don't need many guns all shooting 5.56mm. I originally looked into the Tavor to buy and get the 9mm conversion but didn't because of the Colt SMG mags. In Ohio you can own magazines with a >30 round capacity, but the law says if you attach it to a gun it makes it a machine gun and subject to NFA laws. It's stupid as hell but since Colt mags come in 10/20/32 capacities, I'm limited to 20 rounds. That's not SO big a deal, but the Tavor plus conversion would be north of $2,000.

I've looked at a few AR-based 9mm pistols but they have the same mag issue as the Tavor. There's one that takes Glock mags, but then capacity choices are 10/17/33, so I'm still in the same boat. Also, while direct blowback is functional, they tend to have more recoil impulse. Most 9mm ARs are still around $1,000 although they're coming down.

I'm not sure when I'll get an MPX, but even at $1,500 it's still attractive. Piston operation and a 30 round mag! Mainly I've been wanting something like this for my wife who is recoil and muzzle blast sensitive, but that doesn't mean I won't have fun with it, too.

There are ways around the 30 round magazine limitations. If used in an SBR it is totally legal. Additionally, you can get a License for "Dangerous Ordnance" (which magazines fall under in the ORC) and you will be legal. It is a very simple process. Look up the requirements and in the Ohio Revised Code and create your own license and have the Chief Law Enofrcement Officer in your County sign off on it. I have both.

Semper Fi

Posts: 3240 | Location: Canfield, Ohio | Registered: October 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Apologies if I've missed it somewhere in this thread, but does Sig plan a pistol version using their SigTac brace? I'd prefer not to have an NFA weapon or a 16" barrel. The MPX pistol w/ SigTac brace seems like a perfect balance.

Edit-- I'm an idiot & missed it on the very first page!

Posts: 2408 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
'Murica
Picture of szuppo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:

Can you tell me where you built that image?

Semper Fi

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:

Probably here.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1810052063

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by szuppo:
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:

http://www.sigevolution.com/sigmpx

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Man, I would love one of those MPX-K's... but with the longer rail.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:

Same. Waiting for my pistol with brace and I just mailed out my form 4 for my TiRant yesterday.

What optics are you guys going with? I am thinking about a Trijicon RMR RM05G with the dual illumination and 9 MOA dot.

Posts: 69 | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
vortex sparc

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewS:
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:

Same. Waiting for my pistol with brace and I just mailed out my form 4 for my TiRant yesterday.

What optics are you guys going with? I am thinking about a Trijicon RMR RM05G with the dual illumination and 9 MOA dot.

T1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post