SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
LDD, is there any indication that Sig will make a .45 ACP version of the MPX?

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2599 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
LDD, is there any indication that Sig will make a .45 ACP version of the MPX?

Oooh this. Also that would technically allow a 10 but I'd love the 45 just cause.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
I'm a bit torn between getting a pistol version to which one can simply add the SIG brace as a pre-SBR expedient, and the 16" version, which allows the full functionality of a stock while you wait on a Form 1, and then simply swap out barrel and handguards.

My choice will probably be made simply on economics: is it cheaper to get a pistol, then add the stock, or the 16" and swap barrel and handguards?

Either way, i'm thinkin' this thing is gonna be the bee's knees, even in a world where the pistol caliber carbine is losing ground to short 5.56 carbines.

Oat

I'm in the same boat. I keep going back to the pistol model. Sig has stated barrel/bolt/hand guards will be about $500 for conversions. I seriously doubt the Kate Moss stock costs half that. I also want an 8" barrel for general S&Gs, and a 4" to suppress, and put the 8" hanguard over for an MP5SD look.

edit: please make a .45ACP/10mm version too!!!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jager1
posted Hide Post
Here's hoping for a 10mm to go with the fde G20 I just got. I will be waiting for the pistol/brace combo. Thanks para and the other mods who have been bringing us the latest Sig industry news. I really like where the company is going, there's listening to the consumer and providing solutions. Between this, the 10mm 220 and the .30 cal 55x series I just got, I'm now firmly in the sig camp.

------------------------------------------------------

Do not keep talking so proudly
or let your mouth speak such arrogance,
for the Lord is a God who knows,
and by him deeds are weighed

Posts: 2518 | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I actually just saw the prototype pics on Sigs Instagram.. I have to say I'm in love!

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1589 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4859:
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
JIGGINESS!!! 357SIG! 357SIG! 357SIG!

^^^This!^^^

Yes.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I remember correctly, these are coming with 13.5x1 LH muzzle threads, right? Fixing to order a SilencerCo Octane 9 suppressor with the 13.5x1 adapter...

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, let's see. A good 125 grain .357 SIG loading, such as Speer's Gold Dot, should get somewhere north of 1500 fps in a 16" barrel, I imagine, and that ain't hay. In the home defense role, a 16" rifle chambered in .357 SIG would be formidable, and better hit probability than with a handgun, at all but the closest range.

Posts: 109154 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
I want it!

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
LDD,

You ended with "But more importantly, it can be in yours, starting this year". Have you heard any updates since July as to when these will hit dealer shelves?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
LDD,

You ended with "But more importantly, it can be in yours, starting this year". Have you heard any updates since July as to when these will hit dealer shelves?

New best guess is late Oct, early Nov. With production guns being made now, we're likely looking at 3 weeks (or sooner) before that first production run hits retail shelves.

This first run will all be 8" bbls, some with SBX, some without, and probably a very short run of factory SBRs.

We likely will NOT see any Ks, or rifles until Q1 next year.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, let's see. A good 125 grain .357 SIG loading, such as Speer's Gold Dot, should get somewhere north of 1500 fps in a 16" barrel, I imagine, and that ain't hay. In the home defense role, a 16" rifle chambered in .357 SIG would be formidable, and better hit probability than with a handgun, at all but the closest range.

that makes my pants feel funny.

Posts: 8183 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jager1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
LDD,

New best guess is late Oct, early Nov. With production guns being made now, we're likely looking at 3 weeks (or sooner) before that first production run hits retail shelves.

This first run will all be 8" bbls, some with SBX, some without, and probably a very short run of factory SBRs.

Thank you! What price point? Who do we talk to about a sbx pre-order.

------------------------------------------------------

Do not keep talking so proudly
or let your mouth speak such arrogance,
for the Lord is a God who knows,
and by him deeds are weighed

Posts: 2518 | Registered: September 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jager1:
Thank you! What price point? Who do we talk to about a sbx pre-order.

SIG wants the MPX to sell for ~$1300 or high $1400 ($1576 MSRP). Expect them to sell for well above MSRP when they are first introduced.

I can't advise on pre-orders, but I would contact our forum dealers and see (Top Gun, Mississippi Gal, JC Weaponry, et al.) if they can help you out.

I have never heard of any plans for a .45 MPX. That's not to say one isn't in the plans, but .45 is pretty low-pressure cartridge. As far as 10mm, even if there was a .45 ACP MPX, a 10mm MPX would be a very different animal. The size of the gun would be similar, but the pressure and balance of the operating systems would be totally different.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
LDD,

From Sig's instagram:

sigsauerinc
@matthew1404 The pistol with SIG brace ships first.

Rockwell Arms sent me this on Sept 24:
We are writing to give you an update on your order for the new Sig Sauer MPX. The latest ETA Sig has given us is January. If that ETA changes to sooner or later than this we will update you as soon as we have that information.

Posts: 69 | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewS:
We are writing to give you an update on your order for the new Sig Sauer MPX. The latest ETA Sig has given us is January. If that ETA changes to sooner or later than this we will update you as soon as we have that information.

I got my timeframe from SIG on the same day you got your notice from Rockwell Arms. Not sure where/when/from whom they are getting their info.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I got my timeframe from SIG on the same day you got your notice from Rockwell Arms. Not sure where/when/from whom they are getting their info.

Hopefully they are under-selling and over-delivering and the original Oct/Nov time frame rings true.

They might be further down the list of recipients than others too.

Posts: 69 | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIG wants the MPX to sell for ~$1300 or high $1400 ($1576 MSRP). Expect them to sell for well above MSRP when they are first introduced.

Eek

More than a SIG556??? I'll wait! I mean, they are a pretty cool design and all, but I already have a Beretta CX4 9mm and you could buy two for the desired price of the MPX. While I can appreciate all the design innovations of the MPX and the locked breach operation, I highly doubt it will be twice as good at twice the price, at least for the typical gun enthusiast.

That price point is a disappointment. I foresee a future MPX rebate being offered to sell them once the "must have it first crowd" get theirs, similar to when the 556 was first introduced. I'm still interested if they break the $1K barrier or at least get close to it at street price. Otherwise, it really isn't a "gotta have it" gun for me.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hopefully, January is for carbine and October is for pistol.

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great news. I think I'll be waiting on a K model though.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post