SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'll have one for sure, but have long since sworn off Early Adopter Taxes or Beta Tester Growing Pains, so I'll let the dust settle and prices normalize.

that said, they're very interesting and I'm looking forward to owning one.

and if a 10mm version ever becomes a reality I'll likely buy a few...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
JIGGINESS!!! 357SIG! 357SIG! 357SIG!

And man, now I'm really looking forward to seeing how the MCX turns out, too.

Yes.. yes.. YES!

I can easily deal with one of these PCCs in .357 SIG. Cool

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:

Eek

More than a SIG556??? I'll wait! I mean, they are a pretty cool design and all, but I already have a Beretta CX4 9mm and you could buy two for the desired price of the MPX.

To be entirely fair, the MPX is a completely new design, not based off of any pre-existing series of gun (like the 556 was). R&D was from the ground up and there's no way consumers aren't going to foot the bill for some of that.

What new center-fire rifle has been introduced under the $1K mark? Not the SCAR, not the ARX. Maybe if the MPX hadn't been 9mm and balanced for supersonic and subsonic, and both with suppressors, the equation would ave been much more simple and cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by Dtech: I foresee a future MPX rebate being offered to sell them once the "must have it first crowd" get theirs, similar to when the 556 was first introduced.

I will have to disagree with you there. The 556 had teething problems, if the MPX does not, I don't see the price dropping soon after initial release. I would compare the MPX more closely with the Tavor. They were released two years ago, to much hype, initially sold for higher than MSRP, and are still not easy to get (speaking from a retail perspective). SIG's production capacity likely dwarfs IWI's but how they chose to pace production is entirely up to them and their market figures.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:

Eek

More than a SIG556??? I'll wait! I mean, they are a pretty cool design and all, but I already have a Beretta CX4 9mm and you could buy two for the desired price of the MPX.

To be entirely fair, the MPX is a completely new design, not based off of any pre-existing series of gun (like the 556 was). R&D was from the ground up and there's no way consumers aren't going to foot the bill for some of that.

What new center-fire rifle has been introduced under the $1K mark? Not the SCAR, not the ARX. Maybe if the MPX hadn't been 9mm and balanced for supersonic and subsonic, and both with suppressors, the equation would ave been much more simple and cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by Dtech: I foresee a future MPX rebate being offered to sell them once the "must have it first crowd" get theirs, similar to when the 556 was first introduced.

I will have to disagree with you there. The 556 had teething problems, if the MPX does not, I don't see the price dropping soon after initial release. I would compare the MPX more closely with the Tavor. They were released two years ago, to much hype, initially sold for higher than MSRP, and are still not easy to get (speaking from a retail perspective). SIG's production capacity likely dwarfs IWI's but how they chose to pace production is entirely up to them and their market figures.

I can certainly appreciate and understand your feedback LDD. I know quality does not usually come cheap and do recognize that SIG seems to have put a lot of time and effort into the design and features of the MPX. I do hope that it has no teething issues and that they sell well to the military and law enforcement market as well as to the civilian market so that SIG can continue to make new and innovative firearms that we can all find useful and enjoy.

It's just as a consumer with limited resources, I also look at the overall value of a gun as I'm sure most do as well. If there was nothing remotely comparable to the MPX in function and caliber I would say they could more readily justify the price point they are at, but who knows? The MPX could very well fly off the shelves at $1300-1400 or even MSRP and continue to do so. I just don't see it with the limited role a 9mm carbine or tactical pistol presents to the typical gun enthusiast aside from the cool / collector factor, even for someone who would buy a gun like the Tavor like myself. I did wait until I found the Tavor at a price well below MSRP and just about as low as I've ever seen it sell for though.

With that said, I'd still like to own one at some point, if and when the price is right and makes sense for me. Smile

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I hope these come out this year. I really want to SBR this and don't have to worry about 41p. 4.5" barrel with an 8" handguard for me Smile

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a dream that mpx-p-psb will ship tomorrow. :-;

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sourkraut
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the Sig rep at a gun show this week end. He said they just went in to production on it...500 quantity on the initial run.

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." Joe Louis

Posts: 591 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 17, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting, but I will wait......not only for any price rush reduction , but also for a chance to get it know it first hand.
I have shot many a subgun, and I have a set of criteria that such a gun must fill.

Fetishes apart, you dont want a simple blowback like the Famae that batters itself like a hell bent masochist. The great majority of semi subgun problems are generally based on then fact that since "diferentiall locking" through advanced primer ignition, is NOT available ( as in an open bolt gun)...you need to have a super spring to keep the bolt closed at a crucial moment of max pressure. Shoot a semi only UZI and you get my drift.
Now, again personal preferences aside, I found the MP5 to have occassional hangups with its roller lock. I am not really sure where teh malfunctions came from, but the very mysterious aspect of which point to the hesitation lock itself. My immediate action drill of which, was to sell it for 2000 Euro.
The last thing I want with a cqb gun is a stoppage.....at 0.5 foot range.....while surprised... no thank you.
The facts I have imprinted in my brain, is that a regular, an open bolt UZI has not been bettered. The sheer smoothness and total reliability, unsurpassed.
Now, not everyone has access to open bolts, and I have high hopes for a sensible gas rotary lock or gas delay.
My wish is not just for a reduced price ( that comes and goes), but I want the same bang and the same smoothness.
So I await, the punishing slap or the smooth embrace.

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Rumor is they will start shipping in two weeks. Anyone else have any more info on them?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Further to my previous post.
Just back from the range with the Famae: the roll pin holding the selector lever, wiggled out; Also the big allen bolt holding the folding stock in place works itself loose every 200 shots or so. A dab of locktite helps...for a while.
This is the second Famae I have experienced with bits shaking loose.
2 points:
What we covet is not necessarily whats good for us.
And lets hope the gas system works well on the MPX; We tend to forget that a 9mm subgun is meant to be a comfortable squirt gun.
I have had it with sexy. I am going back to my plump reliable uzi.

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
I want the pistol w/ the brace... I could have sworn SIG was going to offer it with the folding "buffer tube" and the brace as well. Did i misread that or am I making things up?

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raidersrule:
I want the pistol w/ the brace... I could have sworn SIG was going to offer it with the folding "buffer tube" and the brace as well. Did i misread that or am I making things up?

So far the word is it will come in an 8" barrel with the folding SBX brace.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
quote:

I went back and reread some of this thread when I got up this morning. I'm hoping that is correct.

I did notice that the MSRP online is $1730+... That's a pretty high price... Particularly if you add $500 more to get into a different caliber...

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
quote:

I went back and reread some of this thread when I got up this morning. I'm hoping that is correct.

I did notice that the MSRP online is $1730+... That's a pretty high price... Particularly if you add $500 more to get into a different caliber...

There will be three versions in the initial release, all with 8" bbl.

Approximately 75% of the first run will be pistol with brace, 25% will be pistol w/o brace, and 5% with be factory SBR. I do not know what the total number of the first production run will be.

Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
Any word on which magazines and how many the MPX will ship with? Or perhaps any indication on what additional magazines will cost?

-----------------

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any word on which magazines and how many the MPX will ship with? Or perhaps any indication on what additional magazines will cost?

Will ship with one 30 round magazine.*

Retail cost of the magazines will be ~$55-65. [Approximately the same cost as factory new MP5 mags]

*likely exception will be the 10/20 for ban states (i.e. 10 round mags that look like 20 round mags).

The three types of MPX mags that I am aware of are 10/20, 20, and 30 round capacity. All will be smoke grey, manufactured by Lancer. Lancer will not be making their own for the time being, so SIG (and SIG's distribution chain) will be the only place to get MPX magazines.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
LDD, since all of the initial releases will come with the 8" barrel, have they given you any indication when the 6.5" barrel version will be available?

This one seems just right: http://www.sigsauer.com/Catalo...tails/sig-mpx-p.aspx

Also can you confirm that for the 9mm the barrel thread is 1/2-28?

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Sig said it'll be a 13.5x1LH barrel long ago.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
LDD, since all of the initial releases will come with the 8" barrel, have they given you any indication when the 6.5" barrel version will be available?

I haven't heard anything about a 6.5" bbl since initial product announcement. The next bbl length to come out will be either the Non-NFA 8+8" or the "K" 4"bbl. Probably the K.

quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Also can you confirm that for the 9mm the barrel thread is 1/2-28?

I can confirm that the bbl threading is not 1/2x28. It will be 13.5x1 LH as is consistent with SIG's 9mm pistol threaded bbls.

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Looks like there was a conversation about the thread size back on page 5 that I had overlooked. Hopefully more companies will start making fixed barrel suppressor adaptors in 13.5x1 LH.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2598 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post