SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sigforum exclusive: SIG has graciously given us a first look at their current plans for a potential NON-NFA rifle version of the MPX.

Note that the forearm is KeyMod.

Let's hear the forum's thoughts!

Edited to answer some questions:

BBL length is 16" +A2 birdcage. (could be 16.1", 16.5")
NON-NFA
Comes with sliding 3-position A3 style stock.
No release date yet--probably after SHOT (concept is still being market-tested/finalized)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LDD,

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
When?

Joe
Back in Tx.

Posts: 2547 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I'm diggin' it. I don't know if I want this or the pistol w/brace. Does the rifle come with this collapsible stock?

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
Length?

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8887 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had zero interest in the carbine with the short barrel and massive baffle stack (sorry, I mean "muzzle brake"), but this one I could definitely go for!

Posts: 3416 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Since its non nfa and has a stock id say length is 16.5

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Watchful Guardian
Picture of badkarma56
posted Hide Post
Intriguing. Cool

-BK

"If it's all the same to you, I'd really prefer to visit the range."

Posts: 7980 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: August 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
completely non scientific guess

Posts: 1413 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phelen_Kell:
completely non scientific guess

If you really want to know, download the specs for KeyMod, they are open source from Vltor.

Count the number of keymod holes in the handguard and extrapolate from there.

posted Hide Post
what's what I did but with the top rail Smile

Posts: 1413 | Location: County 18, OH | Registered: April 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Can I order two? Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I'm digging it. Seems like a great concept and really could have a high appeal to the civilian market and or those not interested in going NFA. In all reality Sig has almost zero market competition for this kind of rifle.

Posts: 783 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
interesting.

so no Kate Moss / folder option?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
interesting.

so no Kate Moss / folder option?

The option to add Kate will exist, but that stock won't be the default configuration for the MPX (at least that I know of).

Kate is supposed to be available before the end of the year.

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Will it be as modular as the pistol/NFA versions? In otherwords, if I go with this, can I still install a 4 or 8" barrel after I get the stamp?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
Sigforum exclusive: SIG has graciously given us a first look at their current plans for a potential NON-NFA rifle version of the MPX.

Note that the forearm is KeyMod.

Let's hear the forum's thoughts!

Edited to answer some questions:

BBL length is 16" +A2 birdcage. (could be 16.1", 16.5")
NON-NFA
Comes with sliding 3-position A3 style stock.
No release date yet--probably after SHOT (concept is still being market-tested/finalized)

Q

Posts: 27605 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Will it be as modular as the pistol/NFA versions? In otherwords, if I go with this, can I still install a 4 or 8" barrel after I get the stamp?

Yes, you should be able to order the "conversion" parts from SIG as the full gun versions become available (e.g. the .357 bbls will be available when the .357 guns become available).

Same as when/if the MPXc configuration comes out.

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Now to start saving. And deciding if I want the pistol first or rifle first. Still leaning towards pistol. But options....

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No interest in a 16" pistol caliber carbine here. SBR all the way for me!

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
JIGGINESS!!! 357SIG! 357SIG! 357SIG!

And man, now I'm really looking forward to seeing how the MCX turns out, too.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post