SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I am interested in the 8" pistol, but would like the keymod hand guards. How easy are they to add, or am I looking to wait till they are available later?

I'm not sure if any screws were previously removed or loosened but it looks like the front pivot pin is what's holding on the rail

They demonstrate at the 3:45 mark

http://youtu.be/dXFH4pNacEI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fourxfour,

Posts: 6 | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Awesome write up! Was disappointed to see it was not for sale.

I'm trying to figure out how to build an integrally suppressed 9mm AR, ala MP5SD.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
LDD might be the expert to ask, but the reason for the two step cans Sig is making is because someone speced a can than can fit under rails. I am willing to bet there will be a version where the barrel, can, and rails fit together in a $400 worth of stamps package ready for sale.

Speaking of cans, is it safe to assume the MPX will ship with standard threading and an A2 style flash hider?

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
LDD might be the expert to ask, but the reason for the two step cans Sig is making is because someone speced a can than can fit under rails. I am willing to bet there will be a version where the barrel, can, and rails fit together in a $400 worth of stamps package ready for sale.

All of the two-step cans I saw were rifle-caliber. Even the MPXc's can shell was not stepped or tappered. As far as I know, all MPX handguards have the same inside diameter. IIRC (and it's been a while since I asked) the ID was ~1.76", which is larger than the OD of most 9mm/.40 cans. The MPX is designed knowing that end users may suppress the platform with thread-on style cans of various manufacture.

Also the platform is fully modular, so someone might try putting an 8" handguard on a 4" bbl or a 6.5" bbl, topped off with a can. So all the handguards are built with the same large IDs since SIG doesn't know if you'll be adding a can or not, or what config you'll try to build your gun in.

quote:
Speaking of cans, is it safe to assume the MPX will ship with standard threading and an A2 style flash hider?

13.5x1 LH.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clarifying LDD! Big Grin

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So who makes fixed barrel thread adapters for 9mm suppressors with 13.5x1 LH threads? So far, I haven't found any. Don't think Silencerco makes a 13.5x1 LH fixed adapter for the Octane 9 HD 2, just a booster piston.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner777
posted Hide Post
I have to say we all had a great time. Shooting the MPX was a LOT of fun and no doubt the quietist
sub gun I've ever shot.
I'm the guy with the 8 inch MPX

http://gunner777.wordpress.com
Writer for "The Firearm Blog"

NRA Certified Police Firearms Instructor

Proud Father of an Army Airborne Trooper

Posts: 302 | Location: Missouri | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner777:
I have to say we all had a great time. Shooting the MPX was a LOT of fun and no doubt the quietist
sub gun I've ever shot.
I'm the guy with the 8 inch MPX

Good to see you Phil!

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggiePhil:
So who makes fixed barrel thread adapters for 9mm suppressors with 13.5x1 LH threads? So far, I haven't found any. Don't think Silencerco makes a 13.5x1 LH fixed adapter for the Octane 9 HD 2, just a booster piston.

Silencerco lists a fixed barrel spacer for the Osprey and Octane.
http://www.store.silencerco.co.../fixed-barrel-spacer

Normally these are used with the booster adapter and replace the spring.

Posts: 49 | Registered: April 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any update about the release?

Posts: 67 | Location: PA | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fight, Build, Destroy.
Sappers Lead the Way!!
Picture of Zacsquatch
posted Hide Post
3-4 months for more testing.

Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up

Posts: 4597 | Location: Winchester, KY | Registered: December 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I am new.
Anyway, I put deposited down a few months ago at Rockwellarms. Then on 8/1, I saw on their website that it is now in-stock and will ship in Sep. So I paid the balance over the phone.

Posts: 34 | Registered: August 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 67 | Location: PA | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the pistol with arm brace. Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:
I ordered the pistol with arm brace. Smile

Me too. Added a couple of $70 mags too Mad

Posts: 69 | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered a 20-round mag for $65.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 350zrb:
I ordered a 20-round mag for $65.

Hell of a deal! lol

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish they were bringing out the rifle, I want a SBR 357 Sig! The pistol just doesn't do it for me.

Posts: 298 | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jamaicanj
posted Hide Post
This was an awesome write up/review. Thanks for taking the time to share.

I am waiting patiently so I can get one and SBR it.

Phillipians 4:13
Go Gators/Wildcats!
Glock Cert. Armorer & GSSF Member

Posts: 707 | Location: Florida | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Great write-up -- but I am still having trouble getting my head around the MPX in all its formats. If I could ask a couple of questions about the MPX, which everyone seems to know more about than I do.

I think would like to own one in semi-auto, 8" barrel with silencer, and the fold-in wire stock. Is that going to be possible? When are they going to be available for sale?

Where are they going to be available? I ask, because my small LGS and the big-box stores I visit (Bass Pro, GreenTop) are probably not going to carry something like the MPX. And the silencer - do I have to buy a stamp from ATF before I can shop for a silencer? Will Sig sell a silencer with it, or do you go to aftermarket vendors?

This is a whole new world for me, but I shot a MP5 years ago and loved it; it was like eating ice cream. I'd like to have a MPX to take to the range, and I think it would make a great home defense weapon, too. (I know I'd hate to shoot a pistol inside a house without ear protection -- I am hearing impaired as it is, and one shot would probably make me deaf for life. A silencer just sounds like a great idea).

This is one of the neatest things I've seen come along in years.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post