SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggiePhil:
So who makes fixed barrel thread adapters for 9mm suppressors with 13.5x1 LH threads? So far, I haven't found any. Don't think Silencerco makes a 13.5x1 LH fixed adapter for the Octane 9 HD 2, just a booster piston.

I just got a 13.5x1 LH ---> three-lug adapter from TROS.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
Great write-up -- but I am still having trouble getting my head around the MPX in all its formats. If I could ask a couple of questions about the MPX, which everyone seems to know more about than I do.

You're welcome, I will try to answer them as best I can.

quote:
I think would like to own one in semi-auto, 8" barrel with silencer, and the fold-in wire stock. Is that going to be possible? When are they going to be available for sale?

The 8" bbl version will be the first out (pistol and SBR). SBR versions will have the sliding A3 type stock. Both the sliding stock and the folding stock w/ "buffer tube" should be available at initial release. No word on my beloved Kate Moss yet.

quote:
Where are they going to be available?

Don't know yet. When I know I'll put it out there (caveat: I might not be the first to know).

quote:
I ask, because my small LGS and the big-box stores I visit (Bass Pro, GreenTop) are probably not going to carry something like the MPX. And the silencer - do I have to buy a stamp from ATF before I can shop for a silencer?

You pay for the suppressor from a Class III dealer, then submit the forms to take possession of it. BATFE approves you and you pick up the suppressor.

quote:
Will Sig sell a silencer with it, or do you go to aftermarket vendors?

SIG does have 9mm suppressors, not sure when they will hit the market. Aftermarket suppressors will work as well, but I have been encouraging SIG to release their fat 9mm can which takes advantage of the generous ID of the MPX handguard--something that aftermarket 9mm suppressors generally do not (since those aftermarket suppressors are generally designed as long and skinny in order to accommodate pistol sights).

quote:
This is one of the neatest things I've seen come along in years.

I feel the same. The MCX is also a very exciting development.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LDD,

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
An 8" pistol with a Kate Moss is hopefully in my future.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can someone post a pic of this "Kate Moss" stock?

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can someone post a pic of this "Kate Moss" stock?

From the MCX thread:

posted Hide Post
Now that looks sweet. Basically just a skeleton stock.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
An especially attractive skinny skeleton stock, hence the nickname:

posted Hide Post
Just noticed that Sig Sauer has opened an adjacent Web site for MPX: http://www.sigevolution.com/
There are better pictures of MPX variants and some explanation for accessories. Doesn't answer all the questions, but does push the ball forward on the MPX to market.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:
Just noticed that Sig Sauer has opened an adjacent Web site for MPX: http://www.sigevolution.com/
There are better pictures of MPX variants and some explanation for accessories. Doesn't answer all the questions, but does push the ball forward on the MPX to market.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1810052063

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107599 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I need to start saving my pennies for one of these. I think the pistol with brace in 9mm would be nice.

On second thought, I might need two. Eek

When life gives you lemons, put them in the freezer for a few hours, and throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.

Posts: 95 | Location: Waterloo, IA | Registered: February 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like ATF is still saying "no" to the MPX-C's muzzle brake; in that, it is a "silencer" part and not a muzzle brake. Frown
http://www.guns.com/2014/09/10...-device-as-silencer/

This typical government legal breaucracy will probably tie-up MPX-C for at least another year.

The MPX-PSB with an added standard sound suppressor is starting to look like my path ahead.

Any other info from anyone on the MPX-C?

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:
Looks like ATF is still saying "no" to the MPX-C's muzzle brake; in that, it is a "silencer" part and not a muzzle brake. Frown
http://www.guns.com/2014/09/10...-device-as-silencer/

BATFE still hasn't ruled, they've just asked for more time. If there's going to be a knock-down-drag-out fight it probably has to happen after BATFE makes an official ruling, which now looks like Nov 1st. The break in the proceedings was to allow BATFE to let the issue die quietly, so BATFE might come back in Nov and say "we dun goof'd." Maybe to save face, they can tell SIG to make a minor change in the orientation of the baffles--that way they can say they "nobody was happy, but everybody walked away with something."

When I saw the design in 2013, I said that there was no way (at least initially) that BATFE would let it fly. At the same time, I think BATFE is wrong in principle.

They're not saying the bbl/brake is a suppressor, they're saying it's too easy to make a suppressor from it. Really? Anyone with the machining skills to do a negative copy of the proprietary threading on the end of the compensator stack would have no trouble making his or her own slant baffle stack. We're talking real machining knowledge--this is not like Steven Segal's 2-liter-bottle duct-taped onto the end of a pistol.

So it looks like we will have to wait till at least Nov 1st at which point BATFE can rule or kick the can down the road (again).

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I am leaning heavily on the MPX in pistol form, and then SBRing it.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I am leaning heavily on the MPX in pistol form, and then SBRing it.

What's the benefit of that over just buying it from them as an SBR. I plan on picking one of these up also and making it an SBR, I'm just not sure which way to go.

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I can buy the pistol and walk out the door with it on the spot. If I buy the SBR, it has to go into jail till the tax stamp clears. Plus I want the KM stock, and would rather buy it when available for the pistol/SBR than end up with a stock that goes in the junk pile later.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I can buy the pistol and walk out the door with it on the spot. If I buy the SBR, it has to go into jail till the tax stamp clears. Plus I want the KM stock, and would rather buy it when available for the pistol/SBR than end up with a stock that goes in the junk pile later.
This.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's all just conjecture at this point as NO configuration is currently available.

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I guess that's a good point. The only thing I would be concerned with is that it would add more cost doing it that way. Also, how hard is it going to be to convert it from pistol to SBR? My last form 1 only took 20 days through efile.

quote:
It's all just conjecture at this point as NO configuration is currently available.

I like to plan a little Wink

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stop me if this isn't relavent or should be a different thread but I'm having issues on the pickup decision. I love the idea of a Mpx with sliding stock and suppressor but with a short barrel I wonder how much I gain over my x5 with can? I understand mag capacity and stability are huge gains, are there other upsides I'm not seeing?

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Stability and larger magazine. Pic rail on top for sights/optics. Quick change between 9mm, .357 Sig, and .40 Short and Weak. As an SBR, you can put a VFG on and not worry.

Dirt Sailors Unite!