SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
Ok so my new stock arrived!

Let me know if theres any specific pics or dimensions that anyone wants.

Is that the Sig Folder one? I was going to order the kate moss but went to the MP5 style, which should take a year or two to arrive.

http://store.sigsauer.com/cata...oping-stock-mcx-mpx/

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
yes it's the new folding/telescoping one

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1566 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
yes it's the new folding/telescoping one

Excellent pics! Thanks Creslin!
Does the new folder/slider seem robust? I just received confirmation that mine was shipping out today (slowboat). I spoke with a Sig rep today who is sending me a new MPX charging handle (not the ambi) that he says is a fix for the Gen 1 "wobbler" and that it has a slight modification to it to reduce the wobble. He also told me that there is no new update on the original telescoping stock that they are 6+ months back ordered on. Doesn't seem like they will make the original December ship date promise, but who knows....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmoon1,

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I got my MPX-C to the range today. I have a cheapo Lucid reddot on it, but its working well for now. From 10 to 25 yards, its verrrry accurate and i like it a lot! The 3 prong hider has a loud ring to it, but not every shot.

I like the collapsible stock, but i reallllly want to try the other stocks, too. However, my next $200 is going to the Form 1 and then ill look into the barrel swaps.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
Creslin,
How robust is the new style stock? Is there any play between the adjustable portion and the main strut on the stock? Is there a way to lock it in place? How does it feel overall?

Posts: 854 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
I didn't get to do too much hands on.
I ended up late for work as it is >.<

there is some wiggle/play between the two sections of the stock - but that's to be expected with a telescoping stock.

I did not see any way to cinch it down like you can do with some of the magpuls - but again... didn't have much time to poke at it.

I'll mess with it more when I get home from work in about an hour

Posts: 1566 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Per my previous email re: the "fixed" charging handle, have there been other reports of this? I was quite surprised when it came up in our discussion as I hadn't heard anything about it. Since it was free I had them ship me out one. I wonder how long before they incorporate the "fix" into the ambi charging handle? We also discussed the Gen 1 mags and if I remember correctly he said they would always support those and that it was possible to run into some feeding issues if I used Gen 2 mags on my Gen 1 MPX. Also discussed shorter barrels for the Gen 1 and he thought they would have 4.5" and 6" barrels available in Q1 for the 9mm.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
yay home from work!

monkeyed with the stock some.
confirmed there is no way to cinch that thing down nice and tight.
but honestly... the wiggle isn't too bad.

@blackmoon
what's all this craziness about a new charging handle? did they seriously fix the slop in it so it won't ding the receiver on the way in?

posted Hide Post
@blackmoon
what's all this craziness about a new charging handle? did they seriously fix the slop in it so it won't ding the receiver on the way in?[/QUOTE]
------------------------------------
Not completely sure. Was told they made a modification to it to help with the wobble and receiver ding issue. They appear to be free for those of us with Gen 1's. Hopefully I'll get one soon and see if I can tell any difference....

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
imma call them tomorrow and see if I can get me one too!

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got my three pack in today

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by Hebrew Hammer:
Has anybody else received the "new" charging handle? It looks like it is slightly beveled at the point of contact with the lower receiver. i have not had time to go to range yet to see what kind of damage or not it will do. I called SIG and they sent this one to me. It is not the ambidextrous one.
I received it.

I put my calipers everywhere on it.

It's identical, except for the finish. The original ones were shiny. The "new" ones have the same matte finish as the MPX.

Otherwise... IDENTICAL.

I have no clue why Sig is wasting money sending them out. They are completely unchanged.

I still have not been able to try the "new charging handle" but Steve have check the one he received and it appears to be no noticeable change between it and the original one. Please give some feed back one what you guys see.

Posts: 13 | Registered: August 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of capone75088
posted Hide Post
So has anybody experienced the two bolts holding the barrel on, loose? I have about 700 rounds through and noticed there was slight barrel movement by grabbing the flash hider and wiggling. I removed the hand guard to find both bolts were loose.

Posts: 106 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I degreased the barrel bolts on mine and put blue lock tight on the bolts. Have not had problems with the screws since then.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my carbine the other day and wanted to experiment with using a shorter pistol handguard on the carbine. The factory handguard is just a bit too long and heavy, particularly if you add any rails & accessories.

First pic of pistol and carbine from factory:

Second pic of swapped-out handguard from pistol:

I really like the balance of the shorter pistol handguard, but think it needs to be about 2-1/2 inches longer. I considered having the keymod guard shortened, but the key holes have very little material between them to provide a good end condition if cut - the factory end has more material than what is between holes. I think I will wait for the Sig carbon-fiber, or an after-market option, both of which could likely take forever!

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Is there a good photo and user comparison of the km vs. The non-folding telescopic stock. I saw the km vs. The new stock pictures. Im wondering if the km stock is slightly longer than the telescopic i have.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Is there a good photo and user comparison of the km vs. The non-folding telescopic stock. I saw the km vs. The new stock pictures. Im wondering if the km stock is slightly longer than the telescopic i have.

I should have the KM stock in a few days - I will post comparison pics of both if no one else replies with pics by then.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
@blackmoon
what's all this craziness about a new charging handle? did they seriously fix the slop in it so it won't ding the receiver on the way in?

------------------------------------
Not completely sure. Was told they made a modification to it to help with the wobble and receiver ding issue. They appear to be free for those of us with Gen 1's. Hopefully I'll get one soon and see if I can tell any difference....[/QUOTE]

So I called them up.
Dude is making me send a pic of my receiver where the charging handle hits home to see if it warrants replacement...

sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I called to order a 3-mag essentials kit, but they dont have a UPC/parts number for the gen 2 kit yet. They said they'd let me know when those are available. I asked if the gen 1 mags work in a gen 2 and he said no. I have first hand experience that gen 1 9mm mags work in a gen 2 9mm gun, but i didnt press the issue and i kind of assume their reason for saying no is due to the caliber exchanges and mag capability with other calibers. So ill wait for the gen 2 3mag kits.

posted Hide Post
Not completely sure. Was told they made a modification to it to help with the wobble and receiver ding issue. They appear to be free for those of us with Gen 1's. Hopefully I'll get one soon and see if I can tell any difference....[/QUOTE]

So I called them up.
Dude is making me send a pic of my receiver where the charging handle hits home to see if it warrants replacement...[/QUOTE]

-------------

Bummer. Well if I receive mine I'll check it out, although I see above someone did repost Steve's update that there is no difference between this "new" one and the old one..