SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Its still sloppy like the original. I got the MPX with the folding SIG brace and with the brace folded the original charging handle was a pain. Now I'm at wait and see if they actually release the shorter barrels and handguards for the Gen 1's.

Posts: 203 | Registered: April 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I called them up.
Dude is making me send a pic of my receiver where the charging handle hits home to see if it warrants replacement...[/QUOTE]

I called also and they had me send a pic in..I never heard anything back, presumably because my receiver isn't that dinged up yet and the reason for that is because once I saw it start to get beat up, i put a piece of velcro on the back of the receiver area to prevent it from hitting.

If this CH works I'd gladly pay for one..[/QUOTE]

--------------------------

Unfortunately it seems to depend on which Sig rep you talk to?? My guy said no problem to ship it out (we'll see if I get one)(and if it works any better) and sounds like the same for 'dwd1985'. In my opinion this is ridiculous because everyone knows that the original charging handle completely SUCKS and unless you baby it you will be taking chunks of the gun out, so you should NOT have to send in pictures.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmoon1,

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully when they release Gen 3 next year it has a side charging handle.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:

Unfortunately it seems to depend on which Sig rep you talk to?? My guy said no problem to ship it out (we'll see if I get one)(and if it works any better) and sounds like the same for 'dwd1985'. In my opinion this is ridiculous because everyone knows that the original charging handle completely SUCKS and unless you baby it you will be taking chunks of the gun out.

Even with the new CH it will still chew the gun. No fix exists as of now short of a paperclip.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
quote:

Unfortunately it seems to depend on which Sig rep you talk to?? My guy said no problem to ship it out (we'll see if I get one)(and if it works any better) and sounds like the same for 'dwd1985'. In my opinion this is ridiculous because everyone knows that the original charging handle completely SUCKS and unless you baby it you will be taking chunks of the gun out.

Even with the new CH it will still chew the gun. No fix exists as of now short of a paperclip.

Yeah, I told Steve he should come up with a marketable/sellable "paperclip fix" in the $30-40 range and he could make thousands of dollars.

posted Hide Post
A friend just bought an mpx and we met up to see how she runs.
We could not lower the front sight post enough and it still shoots very low. Not sure what he is doing now,guess hes taking it back to exchange the front sight. Bummer ! Did they test fire this thing.
Anyway,as pistol cal carbines go its interesting. It feels like an MP5 whileshooting,but absolutely NOTHING as smooth and recoil free, as an open bolt uzi or sterling....Not even a mini uzi with its short recoil travel. I actually tried it out next to the mini using same ammo.
Don't get me wrong, it has good balance and ergos,a nice rail etc, but its not an innovation at all. It feels like an mp5 but with what looks like complicated gas system.
For the money and effort, I would expect better performance than old hands like open bolt blowback guns, but it fails most expensively in this direction.
The gun world is still minus that unicorn : A closed bolt firing subgun that is as smooth as an open bolt.
Naturally, the manufacturers will not say that this is what they have been working for and will fill in the gaps with sex appeal and lack of technical information amoung the general public.

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elec540:
Just tried the Ambi charging handle in my Gen 1 MPX. It fits and fuctions with no issues. The part number on the bag is 1810504-R.

I'll have to run down to the shop and check to see the part number on my bag. It's longer than the original (and the "fixed but not fixed" one Sig sent), and has extra "wings" near the end. I'll snap a pic, too.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1: Yeah, I told Steve he should come up with a marketable/sellable "paperclip fix" in the $30-40 range and he could make thousands of dollars.
The original paperclip fix wasn't my idea (it's earlier in this thread somewhere). I merely made it slightly "prettier" by using a window frame spring instead.

But basically anything strong enough to prop the handle up, without causing damage, will do the trick. My approach takes more time in filing and cutting the frame spring, so the paperclip is probably the quicker way to go.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Is there a good photo and user comparison of the km vs. The non-folding telescopic stock. I saw the km vs. The new stock pictures. Im wondering if the km stock is slightly longer than the telescopic i have.

Attached are comparison pics of the KM and Collapsible stocks. Measurements were taken from the exact same point on the Gen 2 receiver.

Pic 1 shows overall measurement of each stock:

Pic 2 shows detail of stock lengths:
Collapsible measures a hair over 8-5/8" (almost 8-3/4")
KM measures 9-3/4"

The Collapsible has a teeny-tiny bit of wiggle -not hardly noticeable. The KM is rock-solid and locks nicely against the receiver when folded. The extra inch of length is nice for sighting.

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
FYI - the Ambi charging handle Sig sent me?

Doesn't fit a Gen 1 MPX.

It's too long.

Call customer service, there is an Ambi that works, I have one.

Posts: 52 | Location: Exeter, NH | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Collapsible has a teeny-tiny bit of wiggle -not hardly noticeable. The KM is rock-solid and locks nicely against the receiver when folded. The extra inch of length is nice for sighting.

Looks like ill order a KM fir that extra inch. If i do like it more, i may sell the collapsible.

Posts: 7547 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are the charging handles longer on the Gen 2 uppers?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Are the charging handles longer on the Gen 2 uppers?

I wondered that after I read Steve's post. Below are pics of a Non-Ambi handle from a Gen I MPX-P compared to an Ambi handle from a Gen II MPX-C.

First pic of handles showing both exactly 6" long:

Second pic showing beveled leading edges on Gen II handle:

Third pic showing different spring rod lengths and other slight variations:

Posts: 50 | Registered: November 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey creslin,
Per the pictures from ivy6t5, can you add some pictures and measurements on the new folding/telescoping stock? Mine isn't due until next Monday, and I'm sure everyone would love to see pictures and measurements from all 3 stock options. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Hi Guys,
Per ivy6t5's pictures on the CH's. Can anyone tell me if the Gen1 ambi CH has the beveled leading edge on it? If so, I'll probably spend the $43 to buy one. I still haven't heard any update on my free Gen1 "fix" CH shipping out yet. Guess I'll call them tomorrow....

Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivy6t5:
I wondered that after I read Steve's post. Below are pics of a Non-Ambi handle from a Gen I MPX-P compared to an Ambi handle from a Gen II MPX-C.

First pic of handles showing both exactly 6" long:
Hmm.. then I wonder what they sent me?

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I think SIG should products an IF-THEN flowchart for the MPX.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
Just tried the Ambi charging handle in my Gen 1 MPX. It fits and fuctions with no issues. The part number on the bag is 1810504-R.

I'll have to run down to the shop and check to see the part number on my bag. It's longer than the original (and the "fixed but not fixed" one Sig sent), and has extra "wings" near the end. I'll snap a pic, too.
As you can see from the pic I posted above, I got part number 2400325-R. It's a couple inches longer than my original charging handle.

Sigh.

So I wonder what that one I got fits? LOL

I'll call Sig in the morning to swap it out.

Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey creslin,
Per the pictures from ivy6t5, can you add some pictures and measurements on the new folding/telescoping stock? Mine isn't due until next Monday, and I'm sure everyone would love to see pictures and measurements from all 3 stock options. Thanks!

I would.... but my dumbass forgot my phone at work tonight >.<
I'll see if I can dig up my ipad tomorrow morning for the pics

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1566 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Hey creslin,

I would.... but my dumbass forgot my phone at work tonight >.<
I'll see if I can dig up my ipad tomorrow morning for the pics

Thank you sir!