SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
Since the new-style hand guard still needs to line up with the original guns, I doubt there's any difference except for the keymod. But I haven't hand one of these in my hands yet, so I can't be 100% certain.

I guess I was hoping the keymod rail would be a visual indicator of the gen 2 model, which is supposed to support caliber swaps.

Posts: 21 | Registered: June 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carbine version out there for sale now

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=522063569

I noticed a listing of the pistol version cited it as Gen 2, claiming a larger ejection port to enable the larger calibers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=521875149

This message has been edited. Last edited by: burntorange98,

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearedforacure:
quote:
Since the new-style hand guard still needs to line up with the original guns, I doubt there's any difference except for the keymod. But I haven't hand one of these in my hands yet, so I can't be 100% certain.

I guess I was hoping the keymod rail would be a visual indicator of the gen 2 model, which is supposed to support caliber swaps.

Although some of the GB listening are claiming this, maybe LDD can weigh in on whether these KeyMod guns are indeed Gen2's. If they are, I'm hoping that the MPX-K is around the corner.

Posts: 73 | Registered: March 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may be waiting awhile. How long did it take for them to get into the Glock game?

Yeah, I get that, but come on, the MPX is a major platform, unlike the Glock 17, 19 and of course the AR. I mean the MPX would be real quantity numbers! Why would magpul even hesitate?

And that carbine version on gunbroker looks awful. Just get Stag's 9T for a lot less cash, cheaper magazines and a bit more recoil.

Of course I know it's a pipe dream. But I saw a 3 magazine set with the pouch go for $250 on this site. Insanity is what that is. The only reason that I even briefly considered the Scorpion Evo was the fact that 20 and 30 round magazines are already available at my LGS. But what the hell, I can wait.

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sensei:
quote:
quote:

Although some of the GB listening are claiming this, maybe LDD can weigh in on whether these KeyMod guns are indeed Gen2's. If they are, I'm hoping that the MPX-K is around the corner.

MPX-Ks will all be Gen2 with Keymod handguards.

No word yet on what the next model to be released will be, but once production switches to Gen2, we won't see any more Gen1s except possibly "new" old stock (distributor inventory type stuff).

If we see the MPX-Ks this year, they will come out just before SHOT 2016. I have questions into SIG re: MPX, but haven't gotten an answer back yet.

Really hope they're not so busy that we have to wait till SHOT to get some idea of what's coming next.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZFoxes:
I'm envious. Not only has my stock not shipped but yesterday I got an email saying my Form 1 was disapproved. I was traveling so couldn't call but I did go online to see if I could figure out what the issue is. There is a new entry called Disapproved but I don't see where the reason is found. Jeez...

quote:
Life is good! Not only did my MPX stock ship (should be here Thursday), but I got the email today that my 9mm Octane suppressor is ready for pickup.

This is gonna be a great weekend. Smile

I'll post pics. Smile

Nice! My LGS said they expect my approved forms for my Octane within the next couple of weeks. Only thing left to do is thread on the 3-lug adapter.

Have I mentioned how awesome the stock looks. Smile Smile Smile So looking forward to going to the range this weekend!

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
The stock DOES look awesome!

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by atomicfabu:
quote:
I'm envious. Not only has my stock not shipped but yesterday I got an email saying my Form 1 was disapproved. I was traveling so couldn't call but I did go online to see if I could figure out what the issue is. There is a new entry called Disapproved but I don't see where the reason is found. Jeez...

quote:
Life is good! Not only did my MPX stock ship (should be here Thursday), but I got the email today that my 9mm Octane suppressor is ready for pickup.

I'll post pics. Smile

Nice! My LGS said they expect my approved forms for my Octane within the next couple of weeks. Only thing left to do is thread on the 3-lug adapter.

Have I mentioned how awesome the stock looks. Smile Smile Smile So looking forward to going to the range this weekend!

Mags in that pic cost more than the gun. Well played, sir.

Posts: 221 | Registered: October 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
quote:
quote:

MPX-Ks will all be Gen2 with Keymod handguards.

No word yet on what the next model to be released will be, but once production switches to Gen2, we won't see any more Gen1s except possibly "new" old stock (distributor inventory type stuff).

If we see the MPX-Ks this year, they will come out just before SHOT 2016. I have questions into SIG re: MPX, but haven't gotten an answer back yet.

Really hope they're not so busy that we have to wait till SHOT to get some idea of what's coming next.

Thanks. But I'm still unclear if KeyMod MPX-P's like this are Gen2:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=521875149

The seller says that it is Gen2, but I thought that the MPX-K was going to be the first Gen2 model. In addition, I would have thought that Sig would have made some announcement if the Gen2 guns were hitting the market.

If they are Gen2, then great. If not, then it puts us in a sticky situation where the KeyMod rail cannot serve as an easy way to distinguish Gen1 from Gen2.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

The seller says that it is Gen2, but I thought that the MPX-K was going to be the first Gen2 model. In addition, I would have thought that Sig would have made some announcement if the Gen2 guns were hitting the market.

If they are Gen2, then great. If not, then it puts us in a sticky situation where the KeyMod rail cannot serve as an easy way to distinguish Gen1 from Gen2.

My latest information is that the MPX-Ks would be the first Gen2s. I don't know if that's changed since SIG hasn't gotten back to me since I asked for an update.

I am not sure that the KeyMod handguard is a safe way of knowing if the upper is a Gen2 since my understanding is that the handguards are backwards compatible.

The Gen2/Gen1 issue has more to do with how the barrel indexes in the receiver--I don't see how that would have to affect the external dimensions where the handguard attaches--and furthermore, I can see how SIG would be motivated to make them interchange rather than designing/dimensioning an entirely new handguard.

As always, I'll get back to the forum as soon as I have answers.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I contacted Sig support and spoke to Mike. He says that a limited number of Gen2 guns have shipped. I also pinned him down on the point of the KeyMod rails and, per him, it does signify a Gen2 gun that is fully capable of caliber conversions.

posted Hide Post
I finally found out what the problem was... For model I put MPX-P. Regardless of the configuration the only thing allowed is what is stamped on the gun and that is MPX. The good news is I can reapply and the reviewing agent will put me back in my place in the cue in an expedited status. The agent also asked me to confirm the gun length. I put the spec length on the form. You are suppose to put the total estimated length with stock installed. With all the research I did prior to filling out the form I can't believe I missed these tidbits. Of course the gun is stamped multi gun but you will be disapproved if you mark that on the form. Live and learn...

quote:

quote:

I'll post pics. Smile

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang what a bummer to hear about you form 1 getting kicked back for MPX-P. The funny thing is I put that on my eform 1 I submitted back in early September . So heres the question...do I contact the ATF and have them cancel the form so I can re-do and lose my 2 months of waiting or wait until they catch it themselves and hope they show mercy and let me fix and resubmit it with expedited status like yours???

Oh why do our hobbies have to be so frustrating.

Posts: 2 | Registered: October 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ohiofinance:
quote:
Originally posted by atomicfabu:
quote:

quote:

I'll post pics. Smile

Mags in that pic cost more than the gun. Well played, sir.

6 of the mags I was able to pick up back in April for a "reasonable" price. The other six were from the 2 essentials kit from Sig which I ordered at that special pricing when calling in my order for the stock. I really really hate having to reload magazines at the range. Smile

Posts: 9 | Registered: May 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
A Sig employee who goes by Coregon on AR15.com has verified in a thread on the MPX that the KeyMod versions are indeed Gen 2. In addition, it was revealed that the differences between the two generations include the following:

Gen 2 have the KeyMod hand guard, grooved top picatinny rails, larger ejection port, longer bolt carrier, and different barrel extension. The part number on the Gen2 MPX-P is SIGMPXP9KM MPX P 9MM 8. I jumped on one of these for $1275 shipped.

Of note, the Gen2 barrels will not fit in the Gen1 guns. That makes me wonder if Sig will make 4" Gen 1 barrels for those who want a shorter barrel to suppress under the hand guard, or how long they will support 8" replacement barrels.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sensei,

posted Hide Post
quote:
A Sig employee who goes by Coregon on AR15.com has verified in a thread on the MCX that the KeyMod versions are indeed Gen 2. In addition, it was revealed that the differences between the two generations include the following:

Gen 2 have the KeyMod hand guard, grooved top picatinny rails, larger ejection port, longer bolt carrier, and different barrel extension. The part number on the Gen2 MPX-P is SIGMPXP9KM MPX P 9MM 8. I jumped on one of these for $1275 shipped.

Of note, the Gen2 barrels will not fit in the Gen1 guns. That makes me wonder if Sig will make 4" Gen 1 barrels for those who want a shooter barrel to suppress under the hand guard, or how long they will support 8" replacement barrels.

Thanks for the update. Good to know. So do we know if Sig will take care of their loyal customers who bought the gen 1 gun wanting a multi caliber option as avertized? I'm very disappointed and would have waited had I known this at the time of purchase.

Posts: 58 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fwiw, I heard from someone else that said they put the same thing and theirs was approved. I'm not sure what to tell you other than I don't think I was being treated any different than anyone else in the same situation. When I reapply I will forward the same agent my new ID and Permit numbers with a note referencing the original submission and reason for disapproval with a request for expedited handling. Good luck...I guess for me and you.

quote:
Originally posted by Palehorse0311:
Dang what a bummer to hear about you form 1 getting kicked back for MPX-P. The funny thing is I put that on my eform 1 I submitted back in early September . So heres the question...do I contact the ATF and have them cancel the form so I can re-do and lose my 2 months of waiting or wait until they catch it themselves and hope they show mercy and let me fix and resubmit it with expedited status like yours???

Oh why do our hobbies have to be so frustrating.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting detail about a carbine version out there for sale, it cites a 9.5" fixed muzzle brake. Could this be a 6.5" barrel or 8" barrel?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=522417448

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elits1:
quote:
A Sig employee who goes by Coregon on AR15.com has verified in a thread on the MCX that the KeyMod versions are indeed Gen 2. In addition, it was revealed that the differences between the two generations include the following:

Of note, the Gen2 barrels will not fit in the Gen1 guns. That makes me wonder if Sig will make 4" Gen 1 barrels for those who want a shooter barrel to suppress under the hand guard, or how long they will support 8" replacement barrels.

Thanks for the update. Good to know. So do we know if Sig will take care of their loyal customers who bought the gen 1 gun wanting a multi caliber option as avertized? I'm very disappointed and would have waited had I known this at the time of purchase.

I've seen it posted that Gen1 owners can get a deal on Gen2 uppers. I have no idea if this is true or from a reliable source.

However, this is why I NEVER buy a gun in the first few months of initial release. Generally, I wait a year. Truth be told, I'm a little nervous buying an initial run of the Gen2 guns.

They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I hear you. I would love to have an MPX, and SBR it.

But with the shenanigans with the Gen 1, and no word if the problems are actually fixed, plus a new gen is a new chance for more problems, if I get an MPX, it will be after many other purchases and the gun's problems are ironed out.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post