SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cavscouttj:
Has anyone heard if an intermediate length keyMod mpx handguard is coming? Something between 8" pistol and 15" carbine?

I know Lancer CF is coming, but I am drinking the KM koolaid.

There are currently only three lengths, with no "intermediate" handguards planned.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can I ask what may be a dumb questions about barrel length? Given factory operations of 4.5, 6.5 and 8", what are the functional differences between them, particularly between the 6.5 and either end? Sure, there's the overall length difference but what else?

Longer will add a bit to velocity, maybe a ought to push a barely subsonic load to super. I get that, though wonder if 2" or 3.5" is enough to add 100+ fps difference.

Is there a material accuracy difference in an MPX form factor (assume a shoulderable stock configuration)? Especially 25 yards and closer?

I would run a can and like to do so partially under a handguard but trying to determine if there's a real-world trade off for the different barrel options.

Thanks.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No matter how you slice it, we're still just talking about pistol rounds here. I recommend the shortest barrel available (4") and a suppressor.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggiePhil:
No matter how you slice it, we're still just talking about pistol rounds here. I recommend the shortest barrel available (4") and a suppressor.

Why is that? I like the 8" not suppressed, what am I missing?

Posts: 2450 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The telescoping stocks must be shipping faster now. I ordered mine 1/20 and was told I wouldn't be charged until it shipped. Well, today I got charged. I was initially told Mid-Feb at the earliest

Posts: 10 | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Someone is claiming in a blog comments thread that the Geissele SSA doesn't fit in the Gen 2 lower, or more precisely, that it doesn't allow the bolt to close completely.

Haven't we already established that there's no difference in the trigger well area of the Gen 1 vs Gen 2? Does anyone have first-hand experience running an SSA in a Gen 2? Runs GREAT in my Gen 1.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
Someone is claiming in a blog comments thread that the Geissele SSA doesn't fit in the Gen 2 lower, or more precisely, that it doesn't allow the bolt to close completely.

Haven't we already established that there's no difference in the trigger well area of the Gen 1 vs Gen 2? Does anyone have first-hand experience running an SSA in a Gen 2? Runs GREAT in my Gen 1.

--------------------

Back on page 95 you and LDD were discussing this will LDD's reply as:

----------------------

quote:
I spoke with a gunsmith who is very familiar with the MPX...

------------------
This is interesting because the platform is so new, I don't know of any gunsmith who would be "very familiar" with the MPX and also not work at SIG.

The poster mis-spells Geissele and the S3G works in my Gen2. Also, the poster doesn't specify which Geissele he is referring to.

I wonder if he got snowed by a "gunsmith" who just didn't have a Geissele or RRA in stock to sell him at the time.

Both the Geissele and the BRO trigger fit fine in my MPX "Gen2". There is no reason SIG would need to change their lowers, but I'll check next time I see a Gen1 in the shop.

Maybe he is talking about installing both the triggers and the trigger bridge at the same time?

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
Thx, Blackmoon1. Yes, that's what I was referring to when I said I thought we'd already settled it.

What I was looking for is exactly what you've provided: a first-hand, trustworthy account that the SSA (and others like the BRO) fit just fine in a Gen 2 lower. I'm now comfortable replying to his comment saying "someone I trust tells me he's running it just fine." Smile

And I hadn't considered that he might be talking about running the bridge on an aftermarket trigger.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can not speak to the Geissele SSA, but I can wholeheartedly confirm that a Geissele super 3 gun trigger works REALLY well in an MPX carbine. No bridge-- nothing but what came with the S3G trigger.

Double taps are stupid fast. Reset is super short. This is my first Geissele trigger, but it's the right trigger for this application.

Need more ammo now.

Posts: 20 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 23, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ferrari Steve,

Can you show a bit more of your window screen hardware charging handle hack? I like the fact it looks a bit more sturdy than a paper clip. How do you attach it to the buffer stop?

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmoon1:
LOL! I told Steve he should sell these! :")
So basically a $21 paperclip/spring, but I might still buy one...... good to see more aftermarket MPX accessories (even if they are paperclips) available. Maybe Sig will come out with a Gen 2 paperclip in 2016.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=536560233

UPDATE: I went ahead and purchased the "spring" as I was able to work a deal with the guy for the new ambi charging handle as well. I'll give a report when I receive it.

LOL - you were right! It's a $21 paper clip, but I bet the Fed Govt still pays more for them. Wink

Posts: 3 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the MPX CH spring today and installed it. Seems to be robust and makes contact with the CH at about the 3/8" mark (when closing the upper) so it does appear to put enough torque on it to keep if from gouging into the lower. I figure for $21 delivered how wrong can you go. Seller gave a lifetime warranty as well.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=539514856

Posts: 97 | Registered: November 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esaleris:
Ferrari Steve,

Can you show a bit more of your window screen hardware charging handle hack? I like the fact it looks a bit more sturdy than a paper clip. How do you attach it to the buffer stop?

I'll try to snap some pics later this weekend. I drilled a small hole in the spot where it mounts on the buffer tube, then used a file to clean it up to a U shape that slides over the buffer screw. But in a perfect world, that end would be wider so I could have enough material to screw a large enough hole for the buffer screw to pass through and "bite" metal on all sides.

posted Hide Post
Stock finally arrived yesterday stock-mpx-tele rep was correct that it is the one that fills the rail slots completely. Headed to put some down rage this morning now that the wait is finally over.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gun is much more enjoyable with the stock on it. However now it is stuck in the fully extended position gonna have to try to figure out why the mechanism is jammed.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cntrl23
posted Hide Post
There are adjustable Allen screws on the underside of the stock beneath the button. Remove the first one, make the adjustment to the one beneath it until you have proper operation, then replace the outer one and you will be good to go.

Posts: 180 | Location: MN | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chrischoi
posted Hide Post
Pics?

quote:
Originally posted by md-dave:
Wanted to thank armedjetflyer for giving me the idea to stop waiting for Sig to come out with a 4.5" barrel kit. While I was looking for someone to laser engrave my NFA info on the MPX and MCX, I found someone in Northern VA to do it. US Tactical, http://www.ustacticalusa.com/ is in the process of cutting my barrel, and hand guard down. He did the laser engraving, inside the mag well, for $100 per gun, while I waited. The barrel cut-down, rethread, hand guard cut-down and cerakote are being done today, and I will pick up tonight. Service was awesome. I dropped it off at 10am and will have it back this evening.

I do not work for them, or have any vested interest, but when I find a good thing, I want to share.

Posts: 73 | Location: PA | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My work was done by ZR Tactical for $250. That did include cutting the handguard and applying a CERAKOTE finish to the handguard, in addition to cutting and threading the barrel.

(Pictures are on a previous page of this thread)

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Only the Gen1 handguard can be cut cleanly. You are out of luck with the Keymod handguard with respect to making it shorter, since the holes are offset.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Just got a call from Sig CS that the Gen2 3-magazine tac packs are ready to ship...

Posts: 73 | Registered: March 20, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just got my essentials kit last week. ordered on 12/29. They said would take 90 days. then on 1/20 they shipped came 5 days later. They must looked at my serial number as they sent it with three gen 1 mags which is what I have.

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post