SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
Are any MPX owners not having the vertical play in the charging handle? Could this be limited to some and not all?

Posts: 11 | Registered: June 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KarlKansas:
Are any MPX owners not having the vertical play in the charging handle? Could this be limited to some and not all?

I have the vertical slop in my charging handle. I also experienced some brass shavings around the trigger group as well, but I don't see that as an issue. I put 100 rounds of Aguila 124gr. through my MPX on Sunday without a single malfunction.

I'm curious if any of our member have contacted Sig directly about problem with the charging handle causing damage to the lower, and what Sig's response was?

I believe that LDD was going to mention this problem to Sig for us, but he's gone quiet.

Thanks.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Man, my MPX would be going back to Sig if it was taking metal off of the receiver. Thats just sloppy. I was really considering purchasing one (pretty much next on the list). I think I'll wait till V2 now.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Man, my MPX would be going back to Sig if it was taking metal off of the receiver. Thats just sloppy. I was really considering purchasing one (pretty much next on the list). I think I'll wait till V2 now.

That's a problem...it's the lower that is the serialized part, so what is Sig to do about it IF you send it back.

It's not like Sig can refund the purchase price because of owner disatifaction, can they? (Serious question - I don't not know the answer)

I feel as though, until Sig responds with a "fix" (whatever that may be) I stuck sitting on an expensive weapon that will only cause progressive damage to itself the more it is used.

Makes my stomach churn!!! Mad

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I'm not concerned about the finish wearing on the part of the receiver that makes contact with the upper. What is concerning me is the chipping and folding of the upper receiver where it joins the lower. I'm not happy about it at all. I have a mild case of OCD when it comes to my firearms. I spend a lot of time, money and care purchasing and maintaining my equipment.

If I thought Sig would do anything about it at all I would've contacted them by now. It's been my experience that they will not. I had a 226 that was chewing up rails a few years back. There was a noticeable groove being cut into the rail from the slide. I contacted Sig and they said it was "normal" and it would reach a certain point and stop. I sold it with full disclosure and moved on. As usual the first owner's of anything new Sig makes seem to be the beta testers. It functions fine and the wear is purely cosmetic, but it still doesn't sit well with me. This level of wear shouldn't exist after a few hundred rounds.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I would contact Sig and give them a chance, see what they have to say. I'm pretty OCD about my guns as well (the ones that are more range toys anyway) and that would irk the hell out of me, especially on a weapon made by a manufacture of Sig's caliber. Its a defect plain and simple, especially the chipping of the receiver. Finish wear is one thing. I can't think of any gun that chipping of the receiver from normal use is "to be expected".

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
... I'm not happy about it at all. I have a mild case of OCD when it comes to my firearms. I spend a lot of time, money and care purchasing and maintaining my equipment.

+1000

We're told that Sig monitors these threads, so that gives them an opportunity to respond here, no???

<<<crickets>>>

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
I'm not concerned about the finish wearing on the part of the receiver that makes contact with the upper. What is concerning me is the chipping and folding of the upper receiver where it joins the lower. I'm not happy about it at all. I have a mild case of OCD when it comes to my firearms. I spend a lot of time, money and care purchasing and maintaining my equipment.

If I thought Sig would do anything about it at all I would've contacted them by now. It's been my experience that they will not. I had a 226 that was chewing up rails a few years back. There was a noticeable groove being cut into the rail from the slide. I contacted Sig and they said it was "normal" and it would reach a certain point and stop. I sold it with full disclosure and moved on. As usual the first owner's of anything new Sig makes seem to be the beta testers. It functions fine and the wear is purely cosmetic, but it still doesn't sit well with me. This level of wear shouldn't exist after a few hundred rounds.

I called them two days ago. They said no one has notified them about this. He was very courteous and while I was on the phone looked at the pics of this issue on this site. My suggestion, contact them.

Banned
posted Hide Post
Just spoke to Sig CS. Different very helpful fellow. He looked at pics & read while I was on phone. He said you should definitely contact them. They would bring it in. He said many of these have seen thousands of rounds without this issue. That it's not a brand new weapon. He said a poorly made part could have made it through quality control.

Sounds like they want to do right by you.

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KarlKansas:
Just spoke to Sig CS. Different very helpful fellow. He looked at pics & read while I was on phone. He said you should definitely contact them. They would bring it in. He said many of these have seen thousands of rounds without this issue. That it's not a brand new weapon. He said a poorly made part could have made it through quality control.

Sounds like they want to do right by you.

Not a bad 3rd post Wink There ya go fellas, call em up!

posted Hide Post
Just spoke to John, in Sig Service. He asked me to send some pictures to him as "they don't allow him" to look at the ones on the web. He will forward them to their gun smith and see what they told him once I email some in. Said they may say there is nothing they can do unless it starts to cause a functional issue? Apparently cosmetic damage due to poor design is not a issue to them? Hopefully the gun smith seems more interested in the issue than he did. I will let you know what they say. I will send mine in but it is not nearly as bad as some of yours so I urge you guys with higher round counts and more damage to call as well.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Scorpion EVO3 is looking better and better by the day.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those who have them, how did you sight them in? For 25 yds?

When life gives you lemons, put them in the freezer for a few hours, and throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.

Posts: 95 | Location: Waterloo, IA | Registered: February 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
Just spoke to John, in Sig Service. He asked me to send some pictures to him as "they don't allow him" to look at the ones on the web. He will forward them to their gun smith and see what they told him once I email some in. Said they may say there is nothing they can do unless it starts to cause a functional issue? Apparently cosmetic damage due to poor design is not a issue to them? Hopefully the gun smith seems more interested in the issue than he did. I will let you know what they say. I will send mine in but it is not nearly as bad as some of yours so I urge you guys with higher round counts and more damage to call as well.

I'm not surprised. This is a pretty typical stance by Sig. They will do nothing about except address it in future versions they release.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmlasley:
Those who have them, how did you sight them in? For 25 yds?

You'll notice some on this thread commenting how low it shot out of the box. +1

I set a target at 15 yards and out of the box it was off the paper, low. Many many many revolutions downward on the front post later, I settled in on this (at least this is how mine seems to print:

Approx 1" to 2" low at 15 yards, which is essentially "on" at 25 and seems a little high (an inch or two) at 50. That's w factory Remington UMC 115gr.

The MPX is remarkably accurate and great fun. My club has a steel gong at 50 yards, maybe 6" diameter, and I can ring it 4 out of 5 times. Am still trying to improve, want to do better. Geissele trigger and iron sights.

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to mount a SilencerCo Octane suppressor. What's the thread pitch of the MPX barrel?
Thanks...

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
13.5 x 1 mm LH

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like everyone else, mine was very low out of the box. We ended up zeroing it at 25 yards with the iron sights and then added a Sig mini red dot.

It is very accurate and once the stamp comes in and I can add the stock I am sure it will be even moreso. Right now at 25 yards it will eat a hole in the 9/10 rings. At 50 yards I am seeing similar accuracy as above.

Its really enjoyable to shoot and I think it will be a dream with the stock when used at 50 yards and closer.

Banned
posted Hide Post
I didn't include every detail as I'm not authorized to speak for Sig. I'm just a customer too. The rep offered more than that.

Perhaps Sig doesn't want that image anymore. What they said to me was how I want to be treated by every manufacturer.

Conversely they can't give the farm away without seeing what is called for. Companies have policies for customer service. I've learned that policies are the least that they will do. They could give you or do for you whatever they want. That depends greatly on our approach.

To repeat, the rep offered some very acceptable possibilities after only seeing the pics. I'd bet, after being on both sides of the counter myself, it will be on a case by case basis.

"Back to our regularly scheduled program." Smile

posted Hide Post
I sent in the pictures last night, we will see how they respond. I agree its hard for someone to say what they will do until they see actual pictures of the damage. The only part of my conversation with their rep that was disheatening to me was when he eluded to the fact they may have to wait until it did some functional damage to address it.