SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titleiiarms:
We finally released some replacement Telescoping RODs for the MPX/MCX Series. Pain in the rear but they came out really nice and makes them SO much nicer a bit longer in the rear and deleting the middle stop if your so inclined.

I may have missed the discussion on these earlier, but are these designed to give a longer LOP for the factory SIG collapsible stocks?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep , Fills the side rails when closed and we have standard length 3 slot, 2 slot and Plus 1" and Plus 2" in lengths.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Manoloiv:
Greetings,

I have a gen 2 mpx with roughly 500-600 rnds through it (PMC 115) and gen 2 mags. When i load the mags with 27 or more rounds it occasionally fails to go into battery when loading from a closed bolt with the charging handle. The gun is properly lubricated. It seems to me that the mag springs are tight and are putting too much pressure on the rounds. I have 9 mags which i am rotating so each mag has no more than 2-3 cycles of 27 rounds.

Please share your thoughts.

Manoloiv

I have this same issue and I also believe that the magazine springs are too stiff, putting enough upward pressure on the bolt that it's keeping it from going into battery. I have 6 magazines, and noticed the issue with the 2 magazines I was using (the rest had not been removed from their packaging yet).

I have now loaded all of the magazines to 30 rounds and am letting them sit that way for at least a week if not longer to wear the springs in. I will test them and keep loading them to full capacity until the weapon chambers the first round reliably. Once a round chambered, it seemed to run fine.

Additionally, in the first 15 rounds fired from new (zeroing the irons), an empty casing got stuck in the chamber locking the bolt home and I had to mortar the gun to extract it.

I noticed in the instruction manual that to clean the gas valve and tappet, the barrel has to be removed. In other's experience, does the gun hold zero when the barrel is removed and replaced? And how often are people having to clean the gas system?

I am still testing the weapon system and getting to know it before I trust that it's reliable and I can depend my life on it. Some of these early issues and finickiness are less than confidence inspiring. Still, I like the system and have high hopes for it. Shooting it side by side with my Uzi Pro SB, it does have better ergos and lighter recoil, but the Uzi has never hiccupped in hundreds of rounds and interestingly enough it also shoots tighter groups.

We shall see!

Posts: 7 | Registered: September 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings,

Thanks for responding.

I have not had any issues with an empty casing being stuck. I do run into the issues of the hammer/trigger not resetting while bump firing.

Im also curious if others have retained zero after removing/re installing the barrel.

quote:
Originally posted by USMC1302Colt:
quote:
Greetings,

I have a gen 2 mpx with roughly 500-600 rnds through it (PMC 115) and gen 2 mags. When i load the mags with 27 or more rounds it occasionally fails to go into battery when loading from a closed bolt with the charging handle. The gun is properly lubricated. It seems to me that the mag springs are tight and are putting too much pressure on the rounds. I have 9 mags which i am rotating so each mag has no more than 2-3 cycles of 27 rounds.

Manoloiv

I have this same issue and I also believe that the magazine springs are too stiff, putting enough upward pressure on the bolt that it's keeping it from going into battery. I have 6 magazines, and noticed the issue with the 2 magazines I was using (the rest had not been removed from their packaging yet).

I have now loaded all of the magazines to 30 rounds and am letting them sit that way for at least a week if not longer to wear the springs in. I will test them and keep loading them to full capacity until the weapon chambers the first round reliably. Once a round chambered, it seemed to run fine.

Additionally, in the first 15 rounds fired from new (zeroing the irons), an empty casing got stuck in the chamber locking the bolt home and I had to mortar the gun to extract it.

I noticed in the instruction manual that to clean the gas valve and tappet, the barrel has to be removed. In other's experience, does the gun hold zero when the barrel is removed and replaced? And how often are people having to clean the gas system?

I am still testing the weapon system and getting to know it before I trust that it's reliable and I can depend my life on it. Some of these early issues and finickiness are less than confidence inspiring. Still, I like the system and have high hopes for it. Shooting it side by side with my Uzi Pro SB, it does have better ergos and lighter recoil, but the Uzi has never hiccupped in hundreds of rounds and interestingly enough it also shoots tighter groups.

We shall see!

Posts: 16 | Location: FL | Registered: June 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titleiiarms:
Yep , Fills the side rails when closed and we have standard length 3 slot, 2 slot and Plus 1" and Plus 2" in lengths.

Oh that's awesome!! I'll be getting some of these. I hate how short the LOP is on the factory one. Do you have pics of these mounted on the MPX?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got an email that my keymod handguard for my gen 1 has shipped. Ordered about six months.

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrwilson:
Just got an email that my keymod handguard for my gen 1 has shipped. Ordered about six months.

Just spoke with sig customer service, they said carbine length handguards are shipping now and hopefully soon on the 8" and K variant handguards but still no estimate on date to ship. Still waiting for my K handguard that I ordered March 9

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm picking up a MPX pistol and I'd like to add a red dot. All my rifles are scoped or ironed so I really don't have much experience with red dots. I've narrowed my choices to the Aimpoint Micro H2 or the Vortex Razor. MPX will mainly be for HD, I would love input or any thoughts anyone has. I've looked through Aimpoint type dots before, but never the Razor... unfortunately no shops around me carry the Razor. The Razor comes in 3 or 6 MOA... and the aimpoint in 2 or 4. Thanks in advance for any advice

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/razor_red_dot

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the pistol handguard. Invoice states PDW. Hope that is the right one.

Posts: 15 | Registered: May 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Form 1 for SBR came back today, 5.5 months to the day. The MPX is already engraved so I'm ready to rock! Man that was a painful wait...

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Smokey0:
I'm picking up a MPX pistol and I'd like to add a red dot. All my rifles are scoped or ironed so I really don't have much experience with red dots. I've narrowed my choices to the Aimpoint Micro H2 or the Vortex Razor. MPX will mainly be for HD, I would love input or any thoughts anyone has. I've looked through Aimpoint type dots before, but never the Razor... unfortunately no shops around me carry the Razor. The Razor comes in 3 or 6 MOA... and the aimpoint in 2 or 4. Thanks in advance for any advice

http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/razor_red_dot

Between the aimpoint H2 and the Vortex Razor I would choose the H2, primarily because it's a combat proven optic that I would trust on a defensive weapon. The Aimpoint also has a 50,000 hour battery life.

I personally, however, would buy a Trijicon MRO over the Aimpoints. You get the same combat durability and a 5 year battery life in an American made optic for generally $1-200 less. Primary Arms sells the MRO with an American Defense QD Full co-witness mount for $493. This is the set up I put on my MPX' and ut works perfect. You would be hard pressed to find an H2 for less than $500 and that is without a mount, which would run another $80-100 for a quality one.

While I haven't personally tested the durability (some have on YouTube though) of the MRO I can speak to the durability of the ACOG as I carried one on an M4 in and out of Afghanistan. I trust Trijicon products.

posted Hide Post
AIM has MRO's right now with co witness mount for $444.

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Smokey0:

I personally, however, would buy a Trijicon MRO over the Aimpoints. You get the same combat durability

MRO has never seen combat.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good points. Thanks

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Aimpoint T1 on my MPX and love it! I also recently bought an MRO with American Defense mount for $425 shipped from Botach (using "Make Offer" option). The MRO is also a great optic I've been using on my AR.

Posts: 23 | Registered: March 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Prove it.

Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Prove it.

I think with three posts it's up to you to prove it has. Just sayin.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maddy345:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Prove it.

I think with three posts it's up to you to prove it has. Just sayin.

The whole idea that my legitimacy in life is determined by the number of posts I make on forums is so ridiculous on it's face that I have no response to such a damning inquisition.

But I digress, let me further splain my comments (to those of you from Rio Lindo). The MRO is built with combat in mind and it can be said that it has "combat durability." There are several reasons this can be said of the optic starting with the company that manufactures them. Trijicon has more optics on carbines and rifles in the United States Marine Corps than any other manufacturer. Trijicon also has optics on a fair amount of carbines in the Untied States Army. Now, these models are the ACOG line of 4x BDC scopes. They have been proven in combat through over a decade of fighting in the Global War on Terror.

I have my own experience with the Trijicon ACOG in the Marine Corps and in Afghanistan, and I can tell that they're extremely durable and I trust my life with them. Drawing from my own experience with Trijicon in addition to it's well deserved combat reputation across our forces, I feel confident in making the inference that the MRO is built for the fight. Which, would imply that they have "combat durability," without having to say that they have "seen combat."

Getting back to the gentleman who asked the question about the H2 and the Razor; for a weapon you may have to depend your life and the lives of your family on, I would choose the Aimpoint.

To further help, I suggested the Trijicon MRO as an optic that you can depend your life on and is a better value for the hard earned dollar and is American made if that matters to you. At the very least it's worth your time to look into it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: USMC1302Colt,

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Prove it.

I just looked, nobody has used it. There are more to optics than just pedigree, ask the Eotech guys. I like Trijicon as much as the next guy but the MRO is not a battle proven sight. Not that it really matters, since we've seen issues with battle proven sight as well.

If you're life depends on it, buy a proven optic, the MRO is not.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greetings,

Manoloiv

Update after one week of leaving the mags fully loaded. My MPX is a Gen 2, manufactured Jul 2 2016, all gen 2 mags. The mags are improving with only one of 6 contiuing to fail to go into battery when sling shotting the charging handle and when sending the bolt home with the bolt release. The spring tension remains high on all mags and it requires a good bit of force to sling shot the charging handle. And by the way, the slop in handle remains and damage is occurring to the rear of the upper and lower receiver.