SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
I was just inquiring about the shortened hand guards themselves from SIG, not the whole weapon. BUT if K models are starting to appear from SIG on GB it won't be long!

Bumpfired the MPX, it was a little sticky not firing multiple rounds consistently like it was binding a bit. Ran 4 mags through and it started to loosen up a bit, on the 5th mag I got a complete mag dump. 2 seconds or less baby, wow! This is a 4.5" barrel with ATF approved Form 1 mind you, all legal-like! I'm going to check and see if I can find where it's binding and it could be the trigger being a bit too stiff too; maybe a spring kit is in order and then try again?

Regardless, Ron at RTN and his Youtube video finally became a reality; oh yeah!

They weren't MPX-Ks.. they were the K Handguard and the K barrel together as a lot.. went for over $1800

The handguards alone were around the $120 mark..

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/586691285

My apologies for the confusion, but when you said $1800 for a K model I had to assume you meant the entire weapon because WHO IN THE RIGHT MIND would pay $1800 for a freaking 4.5" barrel and hand guard!??! ;-)

I paid $1100 for my entire MPX and $160 to have the barrel cut to 4.5" and re-threaded for my suppressor and easily could have cut the hand guard down too for a few; WOW! Someone out there has a lot more very disposable income than I do.

So thanks again my apologies for misunderstanding. NOW these guys on GB are selling the 4.5" hand guards that I've been waiting for since what last May and for LESS than SIG quoted me!? Arrghh, I think I'm going to cancel my SIG order and just wait and grab one of these on GB in the future for less.

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Factory SBR Gen-1 K guns were selling for $1200-1300 about a year ago...

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
hooah09, that setup looks good. Can you give us a range report as soon as you have the gun out? I'm curious how comfortable those hand guards remain after the can heats up. I got. 6.5" barrel myself, plus a K-length can, so for me the look would be pretty close to yours.

How much do those 10" hand guards weigh compared to the factory 8"?

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just spoke with Sig and still no updates on the factory K models and the typical response that I can pre-order the K barrel and handguard but no ETA and they will not be available until after the MPX-K models begin shipping sometime next year (which seems to be a moving timetable). They said they are having trouble keeping up with the current 9mm models.

Considering it may be A LONG time yet to wait in typical Sig fashion, I think I have a line on a parts manufacture that is going to do a run of MPX handguards. Obviously 4.5” K handguards but if you could choose any length, what would be your preferred size?

I’m thinking an 11 - 11.5” model for those such as myself with a cut barrel running a full size Octane or even those with a full size 8” barrel and short K can like the Omega 9K and have space under the handguard for the Honey Badger look. Or you would you prefer the full length like a 3-gun AR with something like a 15” handguard?

Let me know your thoughts on the ideal length if you could choose any size, let’s see if we can get a general consensus.

MPX-K (4.5”) + Octane 9 (7.5”) = 12”
MPX (8”) + Omega 9K (4.7”) = 12.7”
MPX (8”) + Octane 9 (7.5”) = 15.5”

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had my factory K out this past weekend for some fun. Hundreds of rounds downrange with zero problems.

Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
I just spoke with Sig and still no updates on the factory K models and the typical response that I can pre-order the K barrel and handguard but no ETA and they will not be available until after the MPX-K models begin shipping sometime next year (which seems to be a moving timetable). They said they are having trouble keeping up with the current 9mm models.

Considering it may be A LONG time yet to wait in typical Sig fashion, I think I have a line on a parts manufacture that is going to do a run of MPX handguards. Obviously 4.5” K handguards but if you could choose any length, what would be your preferred size?

I’m thinking an 11 - 11.5” model for those such as myself with a cut barrel running a full size Octane or even those with a full size 8” barrel and short K can like the Omega 9K and have space under the handguard for the Honey Badger look. Or you would you prefer the full length like a 3-gun AR with something like a 15” handguard?

Let me know your thoughts on the ideal length if you could choose any size, let’s see if we can get a general consensus.

MPX-K (4.5”) + Octane 9 (7.5”) = 12”
MPX (8”) + Omega 9K (4.7”) = 12.7”
MPX (8”) + Octane 9 (7.5”) = 15.5”

If they're reasonably priced, I'm very interested. My K length barrel is of course 4.5" and I run a HTA Guardian 9 under my original 8" hand guard no problem. But when I want to run the weapon without a suppressor I have to use a fakey suppressor just to extend the barrel enough to get under the guard.

SO, I want a shorty guard for sure as I don't always want to run a suppressor. You know my vote...

Too funny we're seeing factory 4.5" guards out there, but they're not available to the masses just onsie/twosies; arrghh.

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
I recall seeing a factory K about a year ago but only a limited number and all factory SBR. Still haven't seen a factory K pistol and my guess is those few MPX- K sbr's were probably LEO over run, just a guess.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Form 1 for SBR came back today, 5.5 months to the day. The MPX is already engraved so I'm ready to rock! Man that was a painful wait...

Took 5.5 months, as well, for my eForm 1.
In discussion with my FFL, he pointed out those that submitted Form 1 and/or Form 4s before 01 April 2016 are seeing about 5 month turnaround; those submitting after 01 April are caught in the mass submissions because of ATF 41P change; they may have to wait 9 months or more. So, be happy it was only a 5.5 month wait. Smile

I submitted form 1 (trust) for my MPX April 24. Got the email yesterday with my stamp. Just a few days shy of 6 months.

Now im trying to decide if I want the folding stock from Sig or the collapsible stock.

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both have pros and cons, I have both stocks and sometimes switch back and forth.

Folding is lighter and has a shorter overall length folded and provides a great cheek weld. Length of pull is comfortable but feels long for a compact sub gun.

Collapsible looks sexy, has a shorter length of pull which I actually prefer, if you have your set screw set correctly it's faster to deploy and collapse then the folding.

While I've gone back and forth I'm leaving the collapsible telescoping on mine.

Picture of Franklin Armory Marketing
posted Hide Post
Check out our BFSIII™ Trigger running in a sig MPX!
Sig MPX BFSIII™ VIDEO

Sun Naegele
Marketing
Franklin Armory
Morgan Hill, CA & Minden, NV
Office Phone:775-783-4313

Posts: 5 | Registered: September 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Sun, very cool video and the Gen 3 looks like a big improvement w/ a more simple, direct AR drop-in design, lighter trigger pull, etc. The only thing I don't like is the price, $430 is too much for me to stomach, but that's just me.

Thanks for the update though and have a great weekend.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Franklin Armory Marketing:
Sig MPX BFSIII™ VIDEO

Sun, I know the kit comes with a heavier buffer spring for AR applications. It it truly drop in for the MPX without any hammer follow?

Posts: 1142 | Location: Phila Area | Registered: February 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sig MPX BFSIII™ VIDEO

I have a dealer order in with you guys. Plan on putting one in my MPX. Your trigger is the whole reason why I went with the MPX.

Wish there wasnt such a long wait time. You guys need to add a couple more CNC machines!

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any sources to buy the charging handle stabilizer clip gadget other than Gunbroker? I signed up for an account but it's under review.

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Franklin Armory Marketing
posted Hide Post
The MPX trigger installs like an AR trigger. Everyone that has installed the trigger has been very happy with it. The video that was posted was from a customer.
quote:
Originally posted by eweiss:
quote:
Sig MPX BFSIII™ VIDEO

Sun, I know the kit comes with a heavier buffer spring for AR applications. It it truly drop in for the MPX without any hammer follow?

Sun Naegele
Marketing
Franklin Armory
Morgan Hill, CA & Minden, NV
Office Phone:775-783-4313

Posts: 5 | Registered: September 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The MPX trigger installs like an AR trigger. Everyone that has installed the trigger has been very happy with it. The video that was posted was from a customer.
quote:
Originally posted by eweiss:
quote:
Sig MPX BFSIII™ VIDEO

I can attest to that. If you can install a mil-spec trigger in your lower, you can put in the BFSIII. And I liked that there is a dowel pin pre-inserted in the trigger assembly so it stays together until you push the trigger pin through and the dowel comes out the other side. I haven't had any hammer follow as of yet. I am assuming the difference in hammer construction with the MPX and the dual spring recoil probably makes a difference as where the AR is very picky on it's recoil setup. (buffer weights and springs)

Posts: 17 | Registered: January 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rugged 3 lug mounts starting to show up

http://www.capitolarmory.com/r...ian-3-lug-mount.html

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone fond a good Magazine loader for the
MPX magazines? Will any of the Lula's work?

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Cammenga mag loaders for my MP5, but I have not seen one for the MPX.

posted Hide Post