SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I use this one. It's easy to use but only loads five (5) rounds at a time.

http://www.raeind.com/products...der-easy-clip-assist

Pete

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
RAE's setup works great, really you can do 6 rounds at a time. I've been using one for months, highly recommended.

I can't speak to other options out there.

Enjoy!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
Has anyone fond a good Magazine loader for the
MPX magazines? Will any of the Lula's work?

They just came out with one just for the MPX.
http://www.maglula.com/product/mpx-smg-lula-9mm/

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
Has anyone fond a good Magazine loader for the
MPX magazines? Will any of the Lula's work?

They just came out with one just for the MPX.
http://www.maglula.com/product/mpx-smg-lula-9mm/

Says tooling complete available mid november

I'll buy one...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
So I took my MPX pistol to the range yesterday. What a sweet shooting gun! I now see why everyone hates that damn trigger! I'm putting in my request for a SSA-E. It also needs some sort of red dot.

After a hundred rounds or so, it begs to be an SBR.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom229:
So I took my MPX pistol to the range yesterday. What a sweet shooting gun! I now see why everyone hates that damn trigger! I'm putting in my request for a SSA-E. It also needs some sort of red dot.

After a hundred rounds or so, it begs to be an SBR.

Yeah...I SBR'd mine. It is simply the most fun gun I own.

I was shooting steel with mine yesterday, and was a little pissed with myself that I only brought 50 rounds to shoot.

I have SD3G trigger I'll be putting into mine at some point.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
I'm looking for a stock adapter that will allow me to use an AR style stock. is the sig folding adapter threaded to accept a standard AR tube, or just the sig brace? i currently have the folding/extending stock and it's just too thin of me.

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Corey, if you can live without the folding feature the KAK adapter is very nice. It accepts standard AR receiver extensions.

https://www.kakindustry.com/mpx/mpx-adapter

I got this because the SIG adapter was Out of stock and was impressed with the quality.

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
thanks smoke.

is it just as simple as screwing a standard buffer tube to the kak adapter and adding the stock of my choice? do i need the castle nut? sorry if these are dumb newbie questions. even though i have a few ARs, i have never really messed with AR type weapons, mostly bolt guns and pistols. i am looking to use an mpx in uspsa pcc.

Posts: 172 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
KAK adapter wouldn't work on my Gen 2 MPX; they refunded my money and stated this has been an issue for them. Not sure what or why, but I wasn't thrilled with the quality anyway.

Went with a Thordsen adapter and it works great and looks better built to me as well. Works great on my Gen2, no issues. This is what I used w/ a Bumpfire stock to "simulate" full auto. Worked like a champ...

And yes, stock 6 Position tube and castle nut. Heck I didn't even tighten the thing down beside hand tightening and it worked fine.

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
MPX Carbine - I'm interested in getting one, but I want a Gen 2. I called SIG today (had to ask them about an RMA anyway), and they told me the carbine was never produced as Gen1, only as Gen2.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, as the manufacturer of the item you are inquiring about just told you they only made the carbine in Gen 2. They made Gen 1 SBRs though.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Faust. Glad to get "independent" confirmation!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
MPX Carbine - I'm interested in getting one, but I want a Gen 2. I called SIG today (had to ask them about an RMA anyway), and they told me the carbine was never produced as Gen1, only as Gen2.

Can anyone confirm this?

I would call Sig.... Smile

Posts: 17 | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by obiefox:

LMAO!

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Faust245:
quote:

LMAO!

Actually, if you read my post, I did. The guy I talked to there was just a touch hesitant, so I wanted some sort of "independent" confirmation....

Razz

- Dave Barry

Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:

Can anyone confirm this?

I have a 2nd 2nd generation MPX 9mm carbine which I got back in January or February of this year. I call it a 2nd 2nd gen because it has the improved flash suppressor over the "tuning fork" suppressor the original 2nd gen had.

Also, when I ordered mine from the dealer, I was explicit on not wanting the 1st gen MPX carbine because I REALLY REALLY didn't want that contraption on the barrel which was pretty much the guts of a silencer without the can covering it. The dealer knew what I was talking about, and he assured me that I was getting what I saw in the Armslist image.

I can't remember now, but I think he told that those 1st gen MPX carbines never went to market due to the problems Sig had with the Feds about that contraption I mentioned above. I don't even think I've ever seen one at a gun store, a dealer on line or anywhere else other than on-line images.

To add, I was in the desert yesterday shooting mine, and I just put two magazines of Federal 115 gr aluminum through it with no problems. With my ACOG firmly mounted on top, I can't be happier!

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1175 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of corey4
posted Hide Post
a few days ago i inquired about an adapter to use a real AR stock on my mpx. i received some info, again thanks guys. i do have the gen2 sbx folding brace. can i break that down and use the folding adapter for a standard AR buffer tube? are the threads the same? these pistol buffer tubes, are they just a larger outside diameter than a standard buffer tube so the end user can't ad a stock to it? do the pistol buffer tubes have the same threads as standard AR tubes?

so it would be the sbx folding adapter from this: http://store.sigsauer.com/sig-...ng-sbx-kit-mpx.html; which should be the same adapter as this: http://store.sigsauer.com/sig-...olding-knuckle.html; castle nut, standard buffer tube and magpul stock of my choice.

i have a night time "zombie" match this weekend that i am trying to get ready for. nothing like waiting until the last minute Roll Eyes and don't have to time to order parts and wait for shipping.

Picture of Shackelford
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corey4:
a few days ago i inquired about an adapter to use a real AR stock on my mpx. i received some info, again thanks guys. i do have the gen2 sbx folding brace. can i break that down and use the folding adapter for a standard AR buffer tube? are the threads the same? these pistol buffer tubes, are they just a larger outside diameter than a standard buffer tube so the end user can't ad a stock to it? do the pistol buffer tubes have the same threads as standard AR tubes?

so it would be the sbx folding adapter from this: http://store.sigsauer.com/sig-...ng-sbx-kit-mpx.html; which should be the same adapter as this: http://store.sigsauer.com/sig-...olding-knuckle.html; castle nut, standard buffer tube and magpul stock of my choice.

i have a night time "zombie" match this weekend that i am trying to get ready for. nothing like waiting until the last minute Roll Eyes and don't have to time to order parts and wait for shipping.

Yep, you can use a standard AR buffer tube and castle nut with that folding adaptor. It's what I did for a little while, until the KM stocks became generally available.

Posts: 836 | Location: Volunteer | Registered: January 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5" Custom K

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post