SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I had my barrel chopped. Is there anywhere to purchase shorter hand guards or is everybody chopping their hand guards as well?

I would like to have a regular length hand guard to cover my suppressor and a shorter one for K status.

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't we all! ;-)

No telling when SIG will finally get around to releasing a K model and shorter hand guard. Mine is on pre-order from SIG but I warned it could be a very, very long wait by the SIG rep.

Cut what you have or wait. I'd recommend a flakey suppressor and use your original guard too while you wait. If you have a real can, all the better.

Enjoy!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SuperPollito:
I had my barrel chopped. Is there anywhere to purchase shorter hand guards or is everybody chopping their hand guards as well?

I would like to have a regular length hand guard to cover my suppressor and a shorter one for K status.

Lancer is in pre-production for their MPX handguards. They have a mailing list as to when they will be ready to ship.

Posts: 1080 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hooah09:

Finally had the paperwork for my Gen 1 MPX-K get approved! Modified a Sig keymod handstop/foregrip to work with the add-a-rail handguard; it was pretty easy to do since the hole spacing between the two mounting systems is the same. Also modified the front sight to be able to remove the handguard without having to remove the sight first.

Took it out to the range last week and ran 140 rounds through it. Magazines used were the Gen 1 30 round mag that came with the rifle, one 20 round Gen 2, and three 30 round Gen 2's. Only had a single malfunction, on round 27 of 30 on the first magazine, which was with the Gen 1 mag--go figure. The case mouth got hung up on the edge of the chamber, took a bit of effort to clear.

Overall, very happy with the rifle. Feels great in the shoulder and follow up shots are lightening quick! Oh, the fun/cool factor is also through the roof! Will be getting a lancer carbon fiber forend when they become available for use with suppressor.

Please tell me where I can find this vertical fore grip, I need one for my pdw build. Thanks in advance!

ETA... Found, disregard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ACard,

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Lancer Systems, they said they will be producing the MPX Carbon Fiber Hand Guard with M-locks. Should be available around September. Lengths in 4, 6, 8, 10 inches

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see lots of chopped Gen 1 handguard (and they look good) but can the Gen 2 KeyMod handguard be chopped too?

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have seen several Gen 2's cut down. Having mine done now should be back next week, I will post pics then.

posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing it. Seems like there was at least an initial concern that the Keymod holes don't line up in a way that lends itself to chopping.

posted Hide Post
We did one Gen 2 awhile back. They can be cut really close with just a "slight" dimple where the slot was. http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/5...100/pix392233146.jpg

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone make a slightly longer stock. Am I the only one that wishes the fire selector/safety was a little flatter. When it's in the fire position it's actually within my grip.

Posts: 3954 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titleiiarms:
We did one Gen 2 awhile back. They can be cut really close with just a "slight" dimple where the slot was. http://pics.gunbroker.com/GB/5...100/pix392233146.jpg

Looks excellent!

Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titleiiarms:

Yes, nice work, I haven't seen too many Gen 2 Key-Mod hand guards done and it gets pretty tight!

I continue to run my 4.5" cut-down Gen 2 with the 8" hand guard; either with my suppressor or a fake suppressor (FTF $29.99 special). Not ideal but until SIG gets more handguards out or some other affordable option becomes available...

Enjoy!

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
Does anyone make a slightly longer stock. Am I the only one that wishes the fire selector/safety was a little flatter. When it's in the fire position it's actually within my grip.
We've been making different styles for this platform about a year now. Folders that adjust (AR) Style as well as a cool Rod Stock we just released. http://www.titleiiarms.com/images/img0507.jpg

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
You can replace the safety with any AR type safety. Mine has been replaced with a Noveske STS.

Did you buy the 60 DEGREE SELECTOR? Thanks.

Posts: 3954 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of D4Heavy
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there is a VFG for the MPX Gen 1?

Posts: 399 | Location: Alabama | Registered: December 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PDW build is complete here are a couple pics.

posted Hide Post
Sig is having a big sale on MPX Magazines, for Gen 1 & Gen 2 30 round gen. 1 for $43.55, 30 round gen 2 for $51.75, 10 or 20 round for gen 1 & 2 for $43.55. They also have Gen I & 2 packages the include three 30 round mags, a mag pouch, MPX gun mat & a nice MPX deployment bag for $249.95 http://store.sigsauer.com/sale/special-offer.html

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gino d:
Sig is having a big sale on MPX Magazines, for Gen 1 & Gen 2 30 round gen. 1 for $43.55, 30 round gen 2 for $51.75, 10 or 20 round for gen 1 & 2 for $43.55. They also have Gen I & 2 packages the include three 30 round mags, a mag pouch, MPX gun mat & a nice MPX deployment bag for $249.95 http://store.sigsauer.com/sale/special-offer.html

Does anyone have any experience with the deployment bag?

Posts: 609 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kyjondeere:

Does anyone have any experience with the deployment bag?

Yeah, it's a flimsy piece of shit. I'd go with a 5.11 tactical bag if I was you.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig is now accepting orders via phone for other barrel lengths. They have 8 6 and 4.5 if I remember correctly. They retail for close to 600 but since they are still as rare as unicorns you might be able to get a few buck knocked off. They also have all the various length hand guards for order as well.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 01, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post